- 6 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Ski & Snowboard
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertySea front beach home located on the most sought-after stretch of Atlantic Beach, Sea Ridge Drive. Owned by the same family for over 60 years, this glamourous home has entertained many generations of family and friends. Appreciated by those who want a beach home ‘like they used to be’, this is a place where you feel inviting with the windows open listening to the waves crashing on the beach from your bedroom.
Extensively modernized in 2014 but the rustic feel of the interior remain. Updates include complete upstairs bathroom renovations, all new pine paneling in the oceanfront bedrooms, which compliments the original pine paneling in the main living and freshly refinished wood floors everywhere the entire upstairs.
New includes include a 60” internet compatible, flat screen TV, high-speed TWC wireless internet and phone service. Premium and HD TV channels are supplied. In addition, the sea front bedroom downstairs has a 42” flat screen with HD cable. Simple to set up as a children’s viewing room as it has 3 twin beds.
The main upstairs living area consists of kitchen, dining room that can seat 12, roomy living room, 4 bedrooms and 1 & ½ baths. Upstairs bedrooms ; #1: one king, #2: two twins, #3: two twins & 2 full, and #4: one queen. The one feature that everybody loves is the humongous sea front porch. From your rocking chair, savor that first cup of coffee or afternoon glass of wine while appreciating a 180 degree view of the beach. You are literally 30 feet from the beach dunes so you can watch all the action on the beach without leaving your chair.
The downstairs (ground level) has 2 bedrooms with adjoining bathrooms. Bedroom #5: Two twins and #6: three twins. The washer/dryer, second refrigerator, 2 separate showers and a new deluxe gas grille are located on this level. The home can accommodate up to 8 – 10 cars including a 2 car garage – ideal for huge family gatherings. There are plenty beach chairs and toys such as a sea kayak, 1 surfboard, as well body boards and skim board.
Relaxing for just 2 people or up 14 for a enormous family holiday, you’ll adore the casual feel of our ‘Little Cottage by the Sea’. You’ll want to return, as most do, year after year and cherish those moments for a lifetime.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send promotional guide books with special offers for property management companies, dining and attractions. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Just want to avoid the crowds and save money? The off-peak seasons may offer fantastic rates on rentals.
- Several property management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or returning guests of the same vacation home. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some homes are primarily suited for particular types of vacationers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to music venues. You'll get the best value from a home which most thoroughly matches your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a bit extra.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners typically offer their customers the opportunity to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any nights missed resulting from health emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are oftentimes surprised at the number and wide selection of short-term rental homes available in the Beaufort, NC area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by owners because they manage the promotion and operations..
Below are some tips and tactics to help you navigate the rental search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the best rental:
Before you start to book "Your Oceanfront Get Away. Relax & Unwind. Family & Pet Friendly ", examine our brief checklist of issues to consider.
Search Early and Often
Beaufort, NC rental homes are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Many visitors decide to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Choose your Place and Travel Week
Sometimes, the toughest part of preparing for your vacation is deciding on where to search, and when. When the big decisions are hammered out, the rest will be more straightforward.
Select a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Consider that many rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for the party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you book.
Stick to a Budget
Most rentals are presented with a price range. Determine the price for your preferred trip. It might be at the top end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking an expensive rental home. Most rental agreements require a single individual to be liable for the full reservation.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What amenities is your family looking for? Do you only want a rental with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers available and included with your rental fee? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and preferences" from your group to help narrow your search to the most appropriate property.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
In some cases the elder generation has trouble with staircases. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your furry family members. Pets are welcome at a number of rental properties, but guidelines differ. Many constraints may possibly eliminate a prospective rental property. Be sure you study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional charges may apply when animals are included. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
Several internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental properties" for local property management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a superior rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of similar properties that suit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your best chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Read Through The Contract
Read the complete agreement and make certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the regular fee, travelers have to pay local taxes when booking "Your Oceanfront Get Away. Relax & Unwind. Family & Pet Friendly ", as well as various other fees which might be mandatory depending on their situation, including an animal fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and property owners often offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats on booking your rental home! You're on the right path to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear as soon as you arrive. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your findings. This will prevent conflicts during checkout.
- You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or hot tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A brief phone call prevents many headaches.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents frequently live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a trip considerably more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Natives are a fantastic source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a bit. Despite the fact that you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The rental home is required to be in very good condition. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dishes, surplus sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be addressed prior to leaving.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to confirm no damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Most rental home sites request reviews after your stay . Owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable recommendations. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but completely honest regarding your rental experience. The best owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the situation.
Use Your Experience
How did they feel about the rental? Hopefully this guide helped you find a fantastic home away from home. If not, you have acquired valuable experience that will help with the next search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 2.9 miles
- Circa 81 - 2.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.2 miles
- Bella Pizza - 1.2 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 1.3 miles
- Dank Burrito - 2.2 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.2 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 1.1 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 1.4 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 3.0 miles
- Capt. Stacy Fishing Center - 1.4 miles
- Carolina Princess - 3.1 miles
- Morehead City Marlins Baseball - 3.2 miles
- Hoop Pole Creek Nature Trail - 0.4 miles
- Atlantic Beach Surf Shop - 0.8 miles