- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most established tourism bureaus will send printed travel guide books with special offers for rental home management companies, dining and attractions. These guides provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to alter your trip dates? Off-peak times offer tremendous bargains.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be able to get discounted prices. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific groups of travellers. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to music venues. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and places of interest you are most excited about.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners frequently offer customers the chance to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or extra fuel.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are sometimes shocked at the range and wide selection of short term properties available in the Beaufort, NC area. With such a wide selection, clients are certain to come across a rental that matches their wishes and spending budget.
Rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and practical experience to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
We have assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your rental home experience.
Searching for and reserving the best rental home:
Do you believe "Lighthouse Cottage Rental in the Heart of Historic Beaufort North Carolina" is the perfect rental property for your next trip? Look over this check list to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Like many renowned hot spots, In Beaufort, NC the best vacation rentals are booked early. To ensure the best choice of rental homes, we suggest searching and booking your Beaufort, NC rental home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental home..
Choose a Town and Time
Sometimes, the hardest portion of planning your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, the rest is easier.
Just How Much Rental Do You Really Need?
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Try to remember that most rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. If not, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Make sure "Lighthouse Cottage Rental in the Heart of Historic Beaufort North Carolina" fits your budget *during your desired week*. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions well before booking a costly rental home. Typically, a single member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each party's contribution.
What amenities is your group interested in? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Will the unit need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or near shopping? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included with your rental home charge? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Do some members of your party have specific needs? Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
What About Furry Family Members?
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a furry friend? Pet policies are different at each rental property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Ensure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are added. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Best places to Search
When the place, dates and family members are decided, search multiple sources to get the best rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. In addition to having distinctive rental properties, local companies offer top-notch service..
Re-read the description to be certain the rental has everything you need. If lacking, the home management company might know of comparable homes that suit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an extra night. This is more effective during the off-season when many homes sit vacant.
Study the Total Contract
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
Once you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Get Contact Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your visit.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Contact the rental manager right away to report your observations.
- You may need instructions for a fireplace, TV or jacuzzi. Contact your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip much more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your remain. Whenever possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Nearly all rental websites ask for reviews after your stay . Owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything went wrong, we recommend being kind but honest regarding your experience. The best owners and managers will work hard to solve the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everyone have a good time? We hope this guide helped you find a fantastic rental home. Otherwise, you've gained useful rental search experience that can help with another search.