- 2 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyMAJOR modernization following hurricane Florence 2019 - new floors, wainscotting/sheetrock, insulation, paint all over, dishwasher, lighting, bathrooms, furnishings, beds, windows, etc.
You will find a tidy, calming, casual home, just steps from the pretty Atlantic Sea. Appreciate a direct view of the sea from the master bedroom, living room and roof top outdoor space to start and end your day the island way. You can watch the sun rise & set and even see dolphins swimming and jumping in the waves close to the shore.
There is a full kitchen supplied with everything you need; a breakfast bar with stools plus a dining table, washer, dryer and dishwasher [new 2019]. The kitchen is open to the living area which has a inviting couch, an upsized chair/ottoman, side chair, and TV. There are games and cards for peaceful times, too.
The master bedroom has a King bed and private bath. The second bedroom offers a Queen bed and upsized chair that converts to a twin sleeper.
There is also an enclosed outdoor shower and dressing area for post-beach tidy-up!
All linens are supplied. The unit has WiFi, TV, and DVD player. TV's in LR and both bedrooms.
This area has a great deal to offer for everybody in the family. There are deep sea fishing/sea charters available on the causeway and in Morehead City, pier fishing, a brief walk down the beach, freshly upgraded beach public access that is handicapped accessible with play area & bath home, surf fishing, boat units, kayak units , bicycle units, jet skiing, and para-sailing. The Rachel Carson Preserve is also close by. Water Taxi boats leave from both Beaufort and Morehead City to the barrier islands [Shackleford Banks and the Cape Lookout LightHouse and National Seashore] for handsome excursions that include seeing the native wild Horses, shelling, fishing, birding, camping, lighthouse climbing, and touring historic villages as well as the working Cape Lookout LightHouse. The whole family will appreciate a day on the water.
Or plan a trip to Harkers Island to see the Core Sound Waterfowl Museum with superb hand carved Duck Decoys or the Cape Lookout National Seashore Visitors Center. If you prefer a ferry ride, take the ferry from Cedar Point to Ocracoke, a whimsical, Striking island/village that is accessible by water only. For those that prefer dry land, there are plenty of cute stores and eateries with delicious local seafood. Start the day at the Fort Macon State Park exploring the Fort and visitors center, then have a delicious seafood lunch and head to the Aquarium for a cool afternoon learning about local sea life and coastal history. The present shop here is one of the most superb around!
This is the ideal beach hideaway for you and your family. The is plenty to do for each family member or just relax and watch the waves roll in from your outdoor space, It is so inviting and appealing you will not want to go home! Honestly the photos don't do it justice.
Recent updates: Fall 2013 - Sliding doors in living room and bedroom replaced with 8 foot dual paned smooth sliding doors.
Electric Fireplace installed. Great to comfortable up next to on chilly fall and winter evenings.
Spring 2014: New Queen Bed in 2nd bedroom
Winter 2015: Kitchen cabinets refreshed, new hot water heater
Summer 2015: new A/C unit installed
Spring 2016: Granite counter-tops& travertine back-splash installed; wood floors all through added
2019 Major remodel - floors, sheetrock/insulation, roof, bathrooms, paint, windows, etc following hurricane Florence.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most established tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guides with special offers for accommodations, restaurants and tours. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Are your travel dates flexible? Shoulder seasons special offer fantastic promotions.
- Are you a military veteran? Some property management companies offer discounted rates to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling group qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some rental properties are practically designed to serve specific travelers, whether it's oceanside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a particular Beaufort, NC atteaction that you just love, keep an eye out for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Think about investing in trip insurance along with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental cost, provides guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any nights missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
You might be shocked to learn how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, renters are certain to locate a rental which matches their desires and budget.
Virtually all rental homes in Beaufort, NC are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local rental management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, systems and practical experience to provide effortless operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however many novices will be happy to know that several "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where to look.
Where to find and reserve the best vacation home:
Do you believe "Panoramic Views in a Relaxed Setting " is the perfect rental for your next visit? Read through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Beaufort, NC rental properties start booking early. To get the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months before a trip. Many visitors prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holiday gatherings.
Find your Area and Decide Dates
Start by determining which particular area of Beaufort, NC you'd like to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
Choosing an Properly-Sized Rental home
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you'll need. Be aware that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is suitable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible on the internet. If not, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Will the preferred rental home suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? If a few groups or family members are sharing the cost, always make sure each group understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is the family looking for? Do you only want a vacation rental with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Does the home have bikes and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Special Issues to consider
Frequently the elder generation has trouble with stairs. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Dog Needs a Holiday, Too
Make sure to include your pets. Dog policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be controlled. You'll want to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Its Time to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match vacationers with rental owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a first-class rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the rental home has everything required. If something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is more effective during the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Read The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each property. Vacation rental management companies and property owners commonly offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the standard rental cost, can provide guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed as a consequence of personal hospital emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the property owner.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. If you find damages, or if fixes are required get in touch with the home manager straight away. If there is a disagreement about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts could be helpful.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, policies of the house, house access, pool operations, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call eliminates many problems.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of recommendations.
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each room of the vacation property to ensure you've gathered all belongings.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for property damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Many rental management companies and rental home sites permit customers to offer comments. If the rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but genuine regarding your experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to correct the problem.
Learn and Improve
Did they love their vacation? Maybe everything turned out to be exceptional and you're ready to re-book the rental for next year. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with your next search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.6 miles
- Circa 81 - 4.2 miles
- Bella Pizza - 1.0 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 1.0 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.7 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.9 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.2 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 1.1 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 1.8 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.5 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.6 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 3.6 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.6 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.6 miles