- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWe would like to welcome you to "The Simple Plateau" Cottage on Taylor's Creek in Beaufort.
Our home is appealing and tidy and is supplied with everything you need, including TVs in the living room and each bedroom, wireless internet and a modern kitchen with all new appliances. Fresh bed linens are included as are bath towels and wash clothes.
Our bungalow has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. The shower for the second bath, is an outdoor shower which is private and conveniently accessible directly from the bathroom.
There is also a additional room off the living room which has a comfortable day bed. We call it the "Hemingway Room" as the decor is inspired by Hemingway's boat, Pilar.
We've just added a monumental floating dock with room for 2 boats and there is also a floating kayak dock, fold down swim ladder, fish cleaning station and bench seating on the pier.
From the front porch and dock, you will relish a continuous parade of boats, wild horses and pirate shenanigans. With deep and calm water, Taylor's Creek is the ideal harbor.
You will only be 1/2 mile from downtown Beaufort, where you'll find plenty of eateries, bars and stores.
It's a fast drive to world class beaches, the ICW, the North Carolina aquarium, charter boat fishing and cruising and diving. There are fishing tournaments and festivals galore, including The Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament, The Beaufort Pirate Invasion, The Beaufort Historic Home and Garden Tour, The Beaufort Music Festival, Wooden Boat Show, Harker's Island Duck Decoys, and NC Seafood Festival. There are always fun activities in town including live music nearly nightly on the town boardwalk.
Beaufort was one of Blackbeard's favorite hangouts. Had you been our guest in 1717, you would have laid gaze on Blackbeard's mooring , as the home that he frequently visited while on holiday from pirating, is diagonally behind us. There is little doubt that he walked across our unit to reach his girlfriend's home. He ran aground off Beaufort's coast 300 years ago, and the Beaufort branch of the North Carolina Maritime Museum proudly displays artifacts salvaged from his ship, the Queen Anne’s Revenge.
Beaufort has been voted best yachting destination and America's Coolest Modest Town. The Cape Lookout National Seashore was freshly voted most first-rate National Park.
If you rent our home we ask that you respect the peaceful and privacy of your neighbors. While Beaufort has become a tourist destination, it is still a peaceful community, especially after dark.
We know you will adore your holiday at "The Straightforward Plateau" in Beaufort .
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus offer tourism guide books with special packages for lodging, dining and attractions. Be on the lookout for these books and promotional books, since this allows visitors to discover the same fantastic attractions at a frequently significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to change your trip dates? Off-peak times offer considerable bargains.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many rental companies provide discounted rates to veterans and active-duty military. Be sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some homes are particularly designed for particular groups of vacationers. Large event homes are ideal for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to nightlife. You'll get the most value from a rental which most directly suits your ideal vacation setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or extra fuel.
General Rental Information
Some people are shocked to discover the number of rental properties can be found in Beaufort, NC. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their properties, management companies are critical in assisting families with making reservations, check-in, house cleaning, as well as routine maintenance problems that may arise.
We have assembled a brief guide to help you get the most out of your rental property experience.
Where to find and reserve the right rental home:
Before you start to book "Waterfront Cottage With Dock on Taylor's Creek - Short Walk to Downtown Beaufort", examine our short list of points to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Selection
Like many desirable hot spots, In Beaufort, NC the best vacation homes are booked very early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental home..
Pick a Village and Time
Consensus can be tough among close relatives, but the moment this complicated part is finished everything will start to slide in place.
Selecting an Correctly-Sized Rental home
How many relatives are joining your getaway? Be mindful that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Most rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Spend?
Will the chosen rental suit your budget during that preferred Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from company well before reserving a pricey rental. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or amusements? Are bedsheets included with the rental contract, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your party to help narrow your search to the perfect rental.
Often times the older generation has challenges with staircases. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. The majority of vacation home listings include a list of amenities.
Be sure to include your companion! Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be limited. Study your contract very carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
Once the area, dates and guests are decided, search multiple sources for the greatest vacation rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from having distinctive rental properties, local agencies provide you with top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the rental home management company might know of very similar properties that better fit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Total Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal charge, vacationers will need to pay local taxes when booking "Waterfront Cottage With Dock on Taylor's Creek - Short Walk to Downtown Beaufort", as well as any other additional fees that may be mandatory depending on their situation, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you must Cancel
Cancellation policies are different for each property. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives relief should disaster strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. We also advise immediately getting in touch with the rental manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any critical repairs. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be incredibly helpful.
- Ask questions. You could need instructions for a fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call prevents many complications.
- Be considerate of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip substantially more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a bit. Despite the fact that you're spending money on a house cleaning fee, The property is required to be in good shape. Sinks filled with dishes, excessive beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be taken care of before you leave.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one final time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites allow renters to give comments. If your property and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If something was unacceptable and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point in your feedback.
Learn and Improve
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did they feel about the rental? Maybe everything was exceptional and you're excited to re-book the property for next year. If the property was not quite right, and you will better understand how to perfect your search next time.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 3.5 miles
- Dank Burrito - 0.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 3.1 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 3.5 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.6 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 4.8 miles
- Bella Pizza - 4.8 miles
- Beaufort CafÃ© - 0.4 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 0.6 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 4.7 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 3.3 miles
- Lookout Cruises - 0.6 miles
- Shackleford Banks Shelling & Wild Horse Expedition - 0.6 miles