- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Pantry Items
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySurround yourself with old-world beauty & waterfront activities while staying at 'Mariner's Retreat,' a classic colonial-style 4-bed, 4-bath holiday rental home in Beaufort. Located 1 lot off the water and ½ mile from downtown, this home sleeps 8 travelers in premier happiness & privacy. If you're in town for a festival, this is the home for you! Adore art shows, parades, complimentary concerts, & other family-affable events like boat building contests in the famed harbor once home to Blackbeard's ship.
-- THE UNIT --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Bedroom 4: Queen Bed
Set sail for 'Mariner's Retreat,' a handsome Beaufort 1940's home three doors down from The Hammock House, constructed circa 1709, which served as Blackbeard the Pirate's local residence and refuge.
Surrounded by foliage and a privacy fence on a peaceful cul-de-sac, it's no question why 'Mariner's Retreat' is one of the most convenient and desired locations in town. Stop to admire the high gabled Cape Cod style salt-box roofline before stepping inside to relax.
The Hammock Lane main entrance opens into a enormous great room including a 60-inch flat-screen cable TV and dining for 8. Others can relax in the well-appointed sunroom with a new rent selected from the outfitted library or in the 2nd den with a flat-screen cable TV and DVD player.
Beyond the main dining area, you'll find the entirely supplied kitchen where home-cooked meals are waiting to be prepared and then served at the 8-person kitchen table.
When it's time to settle in, there are 4 sizable bedrooms to choose from for a sound nighttime's sleep. The 2 upstairs bedrooms boast separate entrances to the upper porch and include en-suite bathrooms. You can also stay downstairs in one of the remaining 2 queen bedrooms supplied with remarkable parlor areas.
One of the downstairs bedrooms includes an en-suite bathroom with a soaker tub/shower combo, while the other is promptly adjacent to a tiled walk-in shower with safety handholds.
-- THE LOCATION --
You couldn’t ask for a better destination in Beaufort than 'Mariner's Retreat.' Residents and visitors alike relish sailing, fishing, clamming, windsurfing, parasailing, surfing, swimming and sunbathing on the beaches.
Just about every weekend, Beaufort hosts a festival, parade, art show, complimentary concert or other family-amiable events conveniently reachable within a 15-min. walk of this home. Strolling along Front Street, you might even see wild ponies on Carrot Island, bottlenose dolphins playing in Taylor's Creek, or great blue herons feeding in the shallows.
Historic downtown Beaufort merchants invite you to linger in the stores and immerse yourself in the welcoming coastal vibe. Learn more about this waterfront town with a trip to Beaufort's NC Maritime Museum displaying artifacts from Blackbeard's ship and Queen Anne's Revenge.
Explore outdoor of the town when you rent a beach excursion to the sea side of Shackleford Banks, accessible only by boat. Opt for another laid-back eco-sightseeing boat tour of the Rachel Carson Nature Preserve or marvel at mega yachts berthed at Beaufort Docks.
For more oceanside fun, choose to charter a sailing catamaran with a guided tour or savor a cruise on the ferry to Cape Lookout to gaze at a quintessential lighthouse scene.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Holiday Rental wants your holiday experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it straighforward, we help you find a unit you adore, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our units are safe, tidy, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a new new approach to holiday rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Includes:
- Conveniences include a completely supplied kitchen, furbished porch, viewing outdoor space, back patio, 2 flat-screen cable TVs, complimentary WiFi, DVD player, rent & board game selection, in-unit laundry machines, convenient off-street parking, and more
- Unbeatable Beaufort location just 1 lot from the Taylor Creek waterfront, within a 15-min. walk to historic downtown with stores, eateries, museums, & marinas, and other coastal attractions
- Incredible selection of outdoor activities within simple reach of this home that include sailing, fishing, clamming, windsurfing, parasailing, surfing, swimming and sunbathing
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Coastal Carolina Regional Airport-EWN, 200 Terminal Dr, New Bern, NC 28562 (39 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No dogs and cats allowed
- Due to allergy concerns, if evidence of smoking or dogs and cats is found in the home, visitors will be subject to a minimum $500 fine for additional cleaning
- No events, events or sizable gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to rent
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be mandatory upon check-in
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send printed guide books with promotions for vacation rentals, dining and attractions. Search for these catalogs and discount books, as this allows visitors to experience the same terrific attractions at a often significantly discounted.
- Are you able to alter your vacation week? Shoulder seasons feature incredible offers.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be eligible for cost savings. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific types of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to night life. If there's a particular Beaufort, NC activity that you love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance together with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental costs for any missed as a result of personal health emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to discover just how many rental homes are offered in Beaufort, NC. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an optimum getaway to accommodate their Beaufort, NC gang, from relaxed condominiums to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all rental properties in Beaufort, NC are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, systems and expertise to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
We have put together a brief guide to help you get the most out of your vacation rental experience.
Where to find and reserve a great rental property:
Do you think "'Mariner's Retreat' - Walk to Downtown Beaufort!" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming family vacation? Read this check list to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner You Start, The Better The Choices
Beaufort, NC vacation homes start booking early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months in advance of your trip. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for family groups to plan their Summer escapes..
Pick your Place and Vacation Week
Start by choosing which specific area of Beaufort, NC you prefer to visit, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Exactly How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that a lot of vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for your party. Most rental home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stay on a Budget
Will your favorite rental home fit your budget during that prime Summer week? Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking an expensive rental. In most cases, just one member of the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and getting each party's share.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the group interested in? Is a pool mandatory?Do you want a rental property with open-air lounge? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are bed sheets offered with the rental, or do you need to take your own? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Do certain people in your party have special needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are needed, factor that into your search. Most vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Are you or other people in the family travelling with a pup? Pets are welcome at many rental homes, but guidelines can vary. Make sure that you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
Searching the Internet
As soon as the place, dates and people are decided, search multiple resources for the very best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation homes" for local rental management companies. In addition to having distinctive rental properties, local companies provide you with excellent service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've identified the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Read the Total Agreement
You will have to know which services are included:
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Be sure that your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary for each property. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Reserve your Rental Home
Once you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. You will probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear when you arrive. Contact the property manager right away to report your findings.
- When there's any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a vacation much more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every space of the rental to make sure you've gathered all belongings.
- As soon as everything is out, do a walk-through of the property to verify no property damage occurred during your stay. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Most rental management companies and vacation rental websites permit customers to give comments. If your property and/or property manager was terrific, they'll appreciate your compliments. If anything was unacceptable and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you will want to make it a point as part of your review.
Did everybody have a great time? If everything was perfect, next year's vacation planning will be easy. Maybe the property was not ideal, and you will better understand how to improve your search for the next trip.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 3.5 miles
- Dank Burrito - 0.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 3.1 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 3.5 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.6 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 4.8 miles
- Bella Pizza - 4.8 miles
- Beaufort CafÃ© - 0.3 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 0.6 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 4.7 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 3.3 miles
- Lookout Cruises - 0.6 miles
- Shackleford Banks Shelling & Wild Horse Expedition - 0.6 miles