View this property at:
About this Property
Surround yourself with old-world magic & waterfront activities while staying at 'Mariner's Retreat,' a colonial-style holiday rental home in Beaufort. Located 1 lot off the water and ½ mile from downtown, this 4-bed, 4-bath home offers premier appreciation & privacy. Beaufort was freshly named the #1 modest town for travel by Real Simple Magazine, so you know there's plenty to do! Adore art shows, parades, complimentary concerts, & other family-helpful events all year long!
-- THE UNIT --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Bedroom 4: Queen Bed
Set sail for 'Mariner's Retreat,' a superb Beaufort 1940's home three doors down from The Hammock House, constructed circa 1709, which served as Blackbeard the Pirate's local residence and refuge.
Surrounded by foliage and a privacy fence on a peaceful cul-de-sac, it's no question why 'Mariner's Retreat' is one of the most convenient and desired locations in town. Stop to admire the high gabled Cape Cod style salt-box roofline before stepping inside to relax.
The Hammock Lane main entrance opens into a generous great room including a 60-inch flat-screen cable TV and dining for 8. Others can relax in the well-appointed sunroom with a new rent selected from the supplied library or in the 2nd den with a flat-screen cable TV and DVD player.
Beyond the main dining area, you'll find the completely supplied kitchen where home-cooked meals are waiting to be prepared and then served at the 8-person kitchen table.
When it's time to settle in, there are 4 huge bedrooms to choose from for a sound nighttime's sleep. The 2 upstairs bedrooms boast separate entrances to the upper porch and include en-suite bathrooms. You can also stay downstairs in one of the remaining 2 queen bedrooms supplied with Striking parlor areas.
One of the downstairs bedrooms includes an en-suite bathroom with a soaker tub/shower combo, while the other is shortly adjacent to a tiled walk-in shower with safety handholds.
-- THE LOCATION --
You couldn’t ask for a better family hideaway than Beaufort - America's #1 modest town for holidays! Residents and visitors alike adore sailing, fishing, clamming, windsurfing, parasailing, surfing, swimming and sunbathing on the beaches.
Just about every weekend, Beaufort hosts a festival, parade, art show, complimentary concert or other family-neighborly events effortlessly reachable within a 15-min. walk of this home. Strolling along Front Street, you might even see wild ponies on Carrot Island, bottlenose dolphins playing in Taylor's Creek, or great blue herons feeding in the shallows.
Historic downtown Beaufort merchants invite you to linger in the stores and immerse yourself in the welcoming coastal ambience. Learn more about this waterfront town with a trip to Beaufort's NC Maritime Museum displaying artifacts from Blackbeard's ship and Queen Anne's Revenge.
Explore outdoor of the town when you rent a beach excursion to the sea side of Shackleford Banks, accessible only by boat. Opt for another restful eco-sightseeing boat tour of the Rachel Carson Nature Preserve or marvel at mega-yachts berthed at Beaufort Docks.
For more oceanside fun, choose to charter a sailing catamaran with a guided tour or relish a cruise on the ferry to Cape Lookout to gaze at a quintessential lighthouse scene.
-- REST EASY WITH EVOLVE --
Evolve Holiday Rental wants your holiday experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it painless, we help you find a unit you adore, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our units are safe, tidy, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that?s on your mind. It?s a new new approach to holiday rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Includes:
- Conveniences include a entirely supplied kitchen, decorated porch, viewing outdoor space, back patio, 2 flat-screen cable TVs, complimentary WiFi, DVD player, rent & board game selection, in-unit laundry machines, convenient off-street parking, and more
- Unbeatable location in the #1 town for modest travel! Just 1 lot from the Taylor Creek waterfront, within a 15-min. walk to historic downtown with stores, eateries, museums, & marinas, and other coastal attractions
- Incredible selection of outdoor activities within smooth reach of this home that include sailing, fishing, clamming, windsurfing, parasailing, surfing, swimming and sunbathing
- Nearest Major Airport: Coastal Carolina Regional Airport (~39 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No dogs and cats allowed
- Due to allergy concerns, if evidence of smoking or family dogs and cats is found in the home, visitors will be subject to a minimum $500 fine for additional cleaning
- No events, events or sizable gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to rent
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be mandatory upon check-in
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many rental managers and vacation houses supply Beaufort, NC area discount guides which feature coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or via a partnership between the property manager and the local business itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Able to change your travel week? The off-peak shoulder seasons frequently offer amazing rates on rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be qualified for cost savings. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a discounted price.
- Some properties are essentially catered to particular clients, whether it's soundside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private kiteboarding launching areas. If there's a certain Beaufort, NC activity you simply love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners generally offer customers an opportunity to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are often times surprised at the number and wide variety of short-term rental properties available in the Beaufort, NC area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, technology and knowledge to provide effortless operational management on behalf of the owner..
Below are great tips and strategies to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the best rental property:
Do you think "'Mariner's Retreat' - Walk to Downtown Beaufort!" is the best rental for your upcoming trip? Browse through this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Beaufort, NC rentals start booking early. To find the best selection, start your planning and search 6-12 months prior to a trip. Holiday reunions are a great time for groups to plan their Summer vacations..
Pick a Village and Date
Consensus can be tough between close relatives, but once this difficult part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Choosing an Adequately-Sized Vacation rental
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what kind of bedroom arrangement you will need. Bear in mind that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your group. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically accessible on the internet. Otherwise, contact the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stick to a Budget
Make sure "'Mariner's Retreat' - Walk to Downtown Beaufort!" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple groups or families are sharing the cost, be certain that each person knows their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. In most cases, one person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and getting each family member's contribution.
What home features is the group interested in? Is a screened-in porch a necessity? Are you more interested in wildlife or amusements? Does the rental have bikes and beach toys for use during your stay? Create a list of priority features to help filter your search.
Suitable accessibility can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Your Dog Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure to include your furry family members. Dog guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. A number of limitations may eliminate a potential rental property. Examine your agreement carefully! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
As soon as the place, dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources to get the best rental home selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from offering distinctive properties, local agencies offer you top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have spotted your dream rental, check to confirm your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Contract
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation home management companies and property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Book your Vacation Property
Once you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Remember to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To ensure no damages are associated with your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any problems, along with your request for any repairs. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Be respectful of the local community. More often than not, surrounding homes are lived in by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay substantially more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for night life?
- Be sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Double-check each space of the rental to make sure you've collected all possessions.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damages. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental management company web sites request testimonials after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but completely honest in regards to your experience. Top property owners and managers will work hard to rectify the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Did everybody have a great time? Maybe everything was perfect and you are excited to re-book the property for your next vacation. If the property wasn't quite right, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next trip.