- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Pantry Items
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySurround yourself with old-world charisma & waterfront activities while staying at 'Mariner's Retreat,' a classic colonial-style 4-bed, 4-bath holiday rental home in Beaufort. Located 1 lot off the water and ½ mile from downtown, this home sleeps 8 travelers in premier happiness & privacy. If you're in town for a festival, this is the home for you! Appreciate art shows, parades, complimentary concerts, & other family-amiable events like boat building contests in the famed harbor once home to Blackbeard's ship.
-- THE UNIT --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Bedroom 4: Queen Bed
Set sail for 'Mariner's Retreat,' a polished Beaufort 1940's home three doors down from The Hammock House, constructed circa 1709, which served as Blackbeard the Pirate's local residence and refuge.
Surrounded by foliage and a privacy fence on a calming cul-de-sac, it's no question why 'Mariner's Retreat' is one of the most convenient and desired locations in town. Stop to admire the high gabled Cape Cod style salt-box roofline before stepping inside to relax.
The Hammock Lane main entrance opens into a huge great room including a 60-inch flat-screen cable TV and dining for 8. Others can relax in the well-appointed sunroom with a new rent selected from the supplied library or in the 2nd den with a flat-screen cable TV and DVD player.
Beyond the main dining area, you'll find the thoroughly supplied kitchen where home-cooked meals are waiting to be prepared and then served at the 8-person kitchen table.
When it's time to settle in, there are 4 generous bedrooms to choose from for a sound nighttime's sleep. The 2 upstairs bedrooms boast separate entrances to the upper porch and include en-suite bathrooms. You can also stay downstairs in one of the remaining 2 queen bedrooms supplied with glamourous parlor areas.
One of the downstairs bedrooms includes an en-suite bathroom with a soaker tub/shower combo, while the other is promptly adjacent to a tiled walk-in shower with safety handholds.
-- THE LOCATION --
You couldn’t ask for a better destination in Beaufort than 'Mariner's Retreat.' Residents and visitors alike adore sailing, fishing, clamming, windsurfing, parasailing, surfing, swimming and sunbathing on the beaches.
Just about every weekend, Beaufort hosts a festival, parade, art show, complimentary concert or other family-chummy events conveniently reachable within a 15-min. walk of this home. Strolling along Front Street, you might even see wild ponies on Carrot Island, bottlenose dolphins playing in Taylor's Creek, or great blue herons feeding in the shallows.
Historic downtown Beaufort merchants invite you to linger in the stores and immerse yourself in the welcoming coastal ambience. Learn more about this waterfront town with a trip to Beaufort's NC Maritime Museum displaying artifacts from Blackbeard's ship and Queen Anne's Revenge.
Explore outdoor of the town when you rent a beach excursion to the sea side of Shackleford Banks, accessible only by boat. Opt for another laid-back eco-sightseeing boat tour of the Rachel Carson Nature Preserve or marvel at mega yachts berthed at Beaufort Docks.
For more oceanside fun, choose to charter a sailing catamaran with a guided tour or relish a cruise on the ferry to Cape Lookout to gaze at a quintessential lighthouse scene.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Holiday Rental wants your holiday experience to be everything you hoped for and exactly what you needed. To make it straighforward, we help you find a unit you adore, offer world-class support seven days a week, and make sure our units are safe, tidy, and ready for your stay. Even better, each home has a Guest Contact available 24/7 for anything that’s on your mind. It’s a new new approach to holiday rental. Try Evolve today!
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Includes:
- Conveniences include a completely supplied kitchen, furbished porch, viewing outdoor space, back patio, 2 flat-screen cable TVs, complimentary WiFi, DVD player, rent & board game selection, in-unit laundry machines, convenient off-street parking, and more
- Unbeatable Beaufort location just 1 lot from the Taylor Creek waterfront, within a 15-min. walk to historic downtown with stores, eateries, museums, & marinas, and other coastal attractions
- Incredible selection of outdoor activities within smooth reach of this home that include sailing, fishing, clamming, windsurfing, parasailing, surfing, swimming and sunbathing
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Coastal Carolina Regional Airport-EWN, 200 Terminal Dr, New Bern, NC 28562 (39 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No dogs and cats allowed
- Due to allergy concerns, if evidence of smoking or dogs and cats is found in the home, visitors will be subject to a minimum $500 fine for additional cleaning
- No events, events or sizable gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to rent
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be mandatory upon check-in
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many tourism bureaus will send printed guide books with special packages for lodging, dining and tours. Look for these books and coupon books, since this allows travelers to experience those wonderful attractions at a often considerable discounted.
- Could you adjust your vacation week? Shoulder seasons feature fantastic prices.
- Plenty of property management companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran members of the Military, or repeat travelers to the same vacation home. Make sure to check with property management company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Is there a specific activity that you are most looking forward to during your stay? You will definitely get the best value from a rental that most closely matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Think about investing in trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed as a consequence of personal health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or additional gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
General Vacation Rental Information
Newcomers are likely to be surprised at the number and wide selection of short-term rental properties available in the Beaufort, NC area. With such a wide selection, clients are certain to discover a rental home that meets their wishes and spending budget.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rentals, however many beginners will be happy to discover that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where to search.
Finding and reserving the best rental:
Do you believe "'Mariner's Retreat' - Walk to Downtown Beaufort!" is the perfect rental property for your next getaway? Read through this guide to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Beaufort, NC rental homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for groups to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Pick a Community and Time
Agreement can be tough between relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Decide on a Size
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what kind of bedroom setup you need to have. Remember that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Generally rental home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Many rental homes are advertised with a price range. Determine the rate for your preferred week. It may be at the high end of the range. If a few groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure everyone understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most of the time, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and collecting each party's contribution.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental property with open-air kitchen? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Does the home have bikes and beach toys available throughout your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Suitable access can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Most vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the gang traveling with a pup? Animals are welcome at many vacation homes, but guidelines can vary. Study your contract very carefully! Extra fees may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rentals" for local rental management companies. Local rental home management companies proudly offer a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you have found your dream rental, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. Negotiating rates is more effective during the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Go Through The Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal price, guests will need to pay local taxes when renting "'Mariner's Retreat' - Walk to Downtown Beaufort!", as well as various other fees that may be required based upon their circumstances, including a pet charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed due to personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign on the dotted line. You will probably have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Details
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Good job on booking your rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings. This can protect against conflicts during checkout.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Permanent residents often live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a terrific source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Ensure you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and wardrobes.
- Make a point to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. Whenever you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental home? Most rental websites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but completely honest with regards to your stay. The best owners and managers will try very hard to fix the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Did they love their vacation? Maybe everything turned out to be ideal and you are ready to re-book the same rental home for next year. If not, you've gained invaluable experience to aid with your next search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 3.5 miles
- Dank Burrito - 0.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 3.1 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 3.5 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.6 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 4.8 miles
- Bella Pizza - 4.8 miles
- Beaufort CafÃ© - 0.3 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 0.6 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 3.1 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 4.7 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 3.3 miles
- Shackleford Banks Shelling & Wild Horse Expedition - 0.6 miles