- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Pantry Items
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
About this PropertySurround yourself with old-world beauty & waterfront activities while staying at 'Mariner's Retreat,' a classic colonial-style 4-bed, 4-bath holiday rental home in Beaufort. Located 1 lot off the water and ½ mile from downtown, this home sleeps 8 travelers in premier bliss & privacy. If you're in town for a festival, this is the home for you! Adore art shows, parades, complimentary concerts, & other family-neighborly events like boat building contests in the famed harbor once home to Blackbeard's ship.
-- THE UNIT --
Master Bedroom: Queen Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed | Bedroom 4: Queen Bed
Set sail for 'Mariner's Retreat,' a brilliant Beaufort 1940's home three doors down from The Hammock House, constructed circa 1709, which served as Blackbeard the Pirate's local residence and refuge.
Surrounded by foliage and a privacy fence on a calming cul-de-sac, it's no question why 'Mariner's Retreat' is one of the most convenient and desired locations in town. Stop to admire the high gabled Cape Cod style salt-box roofline before stepping inside to relax.
The Hammock Lane main entrance opens into a sizable great room including a 60-inch flat-screen cable TV and dining for 8. Others can relax in the well-appointed sunroom with a new rent selected from the outfitted library or in the 2nd den with a flat-screen cable TV and DVD player.
Beyond the main dining area, you'll find the completely supplied kitchen where home-cooked meals are waiting to be prepared and then served at the 8-person kitchen table.
When it's time to settle in, there are 4 huge bedrooms to choose from for a sound nighttime's sleep. The 2 upstairs bedrooms boast separate entrances to the upper porch and include en-suite bathrooms. You can also stay downstairs in one of the remaining 2 queen bedrooms supplied with lovely parlor areas.
One of the downstairs bedrooms includes an en-suite bathroom with a soaker tub/shower combo, while the other is rapidly adjacent to a tiled walk-in shower with safety handholds.
-- THE LOCATION --
You couldn’t ask for a better destination in Beaufort than 'Mariner's Retreat.' Residents and visitors alike adore sailing, fishing, clamming, windsurfing, parasailing, surfing, swimming and sunbathing on the beaches.
Just about every weekend, Beaufort hosts a festival, parade, art show, complimentary concert or other family-affable events comfortably reachable within a 15-min. walk of this home. Strolling along Front Street, you might even see wild ponies on Carrot Island, bottlenose dolphins playing in Taylor's Creek, or great blue herons feeding in the shallows.
Historic downtown Beaufort merchants invite you to linger in the stores and immerse yourself in the welcoming coastal vibe. Learn more about this waterfront town with a trip to Beaufort's NC Maritime Museum displaying artifacts from Blackbeard's ship and Queen Anne's Revenge.
Explore outdoor of the town when you rent a beach excursion to the sea side of Shackleford Banks, accessible only by boat. Opt for another restful eco-sightseeing boat tour of the Rachel Carson Nature Preserve or marvel at mega yachts berthed at Beaufort Docks.
For more oceanside fun, choose to charter a sailing catamaran with a guided tour or savor a cruise on the ferry to Cape Lookout to gaze at a quintessential lighthouse scene.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Holiday Rental Network is on a mission to make holiday rental straighforward for visitors. Every unit in our network has been vetted and verified so you can rent with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are thrilled to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Includes:
- Conveniences include a entirely supplied kitchen, decorated porch, viewing outdoor space, back patio, 2 flat-screen cable TVs, complimentary WiFi, DVD player, rent & board game selection, in-unit laundry machines, convenient off-street parking, and more
- Unbeatable Beaufort location just 1 lot from the Taylor Creek waterfront, within a 15-min. walk to historic downtown with stores, eateries, museums, & marinas, and other coastal attractions
- Incredible selection of outdoor activities within painless reach of this home that include sailing, fishing, clamming, windsurfing, parasailing, surfing, swimming and sunbathing
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Coastal Carolina Regional Airport-EWN, 200 Terminal Dr, New Bern, NC 28562 (39 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No dogs and cats allowed
- Due to allergy concerns, if evidence of smoking or dogs and cats is found in the home, visitors will be subject to a minimum $500 fine for additional cleaning
- No events, events or huge gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to rent
- Additional costs and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be mandatory upon check-in
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most tourism bureaus will send you travel guide books with special offers for rental homes, restaurants and attractions. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Just want to stay away from packed areas and save cash? The off-peak shoulder seasons generally offer fantastic rates on daily rental properties.
- Many management companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning individuals to the same vacation home. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some properties are practically catered to particular guests, whether it is soundside homes with fishing pier passes, city-center homes with close access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private jetski launching areas. If there's a certain Beaufort, NC atteaction that you love, look for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual home owners generally offer customers an opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base term cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or additional fuel.
The Rental Process
Some people are surprised to discover how many vacation homes are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an perfect getaway to fit their Beaufort, NC family, from tranquil condominiums to large event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rental properties in Beaufort, NC are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management companies. Rental owners frequently select management companies to assist with web advertising, housekeeping services and repairs and maintenance.
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you understand the rental search and reservation process.
Where to find and book the best vacation rental:
Do you think "'Mariner's Retreat' - Walk to Downtown Beaufort!" is the best vacation property for your upcoming trip? Look over this check list to ensure it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Beaufort, NC rentals start booking early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for family groups to plot their Summer escapes..
Pick your Town and Vacation Week
Quite often, the toughest portion of planning your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be simpler.
Exactly How Much Rental Do You Need?
How many relatives are planning to share your getaway? Consider that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the party. Most rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Determine Your Budget
Confirm that "'Mariner's Retreat' - Walk to Downtown Beaufort!" suits your price range *during your desired dates*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones well before booking an expensive rental. One member of your family will need to be given the task of collecting payments and agreeing to responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is your family searching for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Will the property have bicycles and body boards available for use as part of your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and preferences" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect property.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. Most property listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Holiday, Too
Are you or other members of the party visiting with a domestic pet? Pet guidelines are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Be sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start the Search
Many websites exist to match clients with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to offering exclusive properties, local agencies offer you exceptional service..
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is more effective throughout the off-peak season when many rental homes sit empty.
Read the Agreement
Read through the complete agreement and make certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Reserve your Rental Property
Once you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Make sure you get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental home! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any problems as soon as you arrive. We also advise promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, along with your request for any necessary repairs. This will protect against disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or hot tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please be considerate of the community. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit a lot more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep each room in the house for left-behind possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure no damage occurred during your stay. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to provide reviews. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will appreciate your recommendations. If anything was unsatisfactory and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you'll want to make it a point in your comments.
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they like the rental choice? We hope this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation home. Maybe the rental property was not quite right, and you'll better know how to improve your search for the next time.
- Crystal Coast Lady Cruises - 0.6 miles
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 3.5 miles
- Dank Burrito - 0.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 3.1 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 3.5 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.6 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 4.8 miles
- Bella Pizza - 4.8 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 0.5 miles
- Crystal Coast Lady Cruises - 0.6 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 0.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.7 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 4.7 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 3.3 miles
- Lookout Cruises - 0.6 miles
- Shackleford Banks Shelling & Wild Horse Expedition - 0.6 miles