- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Music Library
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyIf you have never had the opportunity to stay sound side at the beach, then you don't know what a great time you are missing out on. After a hard day of fun & sun at the beach, wind down on the back outdoor space and experience the extraordinary sunsets and lovely vistas of the Bogue sound.
While summer is in high demand, many miss the most exceptional times of the year to come to the Salty Dog! Sept., Oct., and Nov., are filled with warm days, warm water, stimulating evenings, low humidity, lower traffic and great fishing!
Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are special times to spend at the coast and celebrate with family and friends. Jan and Feb are not to be forgotten months with much needed inviting and de-stressing after the hectic holiday season and also charming getaways for Valentine’s Day!
Our handsomely adorned home has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. It will agreeably sleep 6; with 2 queen beds and a double bed with single trundle. All the bedrooms have private decks with dramatic vistas. There is a magnificent picnic area with picnic table located sound front on the sandy beach area and great place to play corn hole.
Staying sound front offers many activities that you wouldn’t be able to experience on the beach front such as; clamming, crabbing, flounder gigging, seining, bird watching, walking in the shallow waters for great distances, etc.
Our family has had many fond memories of clamming and crabbing and having a delicious clam bake with all we caught! The children have always relished catching crabs and hermit crabs.
By the sound, there is a sandy beach area, a covered gazebo in the water and stairs leading into the sound. There is also a hot/cold outdoor shower area with a separate dressing area. For those of you that would like to try some clamming or crabbing there are rakes and crab pots available for use. We will also have beach chairs, coolers, body boards and corn hole boards.
Points of Interest close by:
• NC Aquarium, Pine Knoll Shores, NC
• Freshly constructed bicycle trail right in front of our home that can take you to either Salter Path or to Coast Guard Rd.
• Historical Waterfront Town of Beaufort
• Deep sea fishing charters, Big Rock Fishing Tournament (June)
• NC Seafood Festival the first weekend in October
• Public NC Wildlife Boat Access
• Fort Macon
• Bogue Fishing Pier
• Great waterfront dining at Atlantic Beach, Morehead City and Beaufort
• Shackleford Island
• Cape Lookout Lighthouse, Maritime Museums
Please give the Salty Dog a try I feel if you come and visit once you will want to come back again! Our home is not your average rental home it feels like a home away from home!
Please contact me with any questions I will be so thrilled to speak with you!
Like us on Facebook under The Salty Dog at Emerald Isle!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property management companies and rental homes provide Beaufort, NC area promotional travel magazines which include money-saving offers, either offered independently by merchants, or utilizing a partnership between the management company and the local store itself. Search for these publications and coupon books, as this allows travelers to enjoy the very same great attractions at a frequently considerable discounted.
- Flexible about when you might travel? Off-peak times offer up considerable savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Military may be eligible for cost savings. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discounted price.
- Is there a particular experience that you are most getting excited about ? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sights you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual home owners generally offer their guests the chance to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base term rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed a result of health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel room stay or additional gas.
General Vacation Rental Tricks & Tips
You might be pleasantly surprised to learn just how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an suitable retreat to fit their Beaufort, NC crew, from tranquil condos to gigantic event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to facilitate online marketing, cleaning and repairs and maintenance.
We have put together a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation rental experience.
How to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Before you start to book "Soundfront Home With Private Beach, Steps Away From the Ocean!", examine our brief list of things to consider.
The Sooner, The Better
Beaufort, NC vacation homes start booking early. To ensure the most desirable choice of homes, we suggest searching and booking your Beaufort, NC vacation home 6-12 months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday reunions are a great time for families to plan their Summer family vacations..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Sometimes, the toughest part of organizing your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. When the big decisions are hammered out, everything else is more straightforward.
Selecting an Adequately-Sized Rental
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You will need to determine what is suitable for your party. Generally vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Make a Spending Limit
Most rental properties are advertised with a price range. Confirm the cost for your preferred trip. It could be at the high end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before booking a costly rental home. Most rental documents call for a single individual to be liable for the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the family interested in? Do you want a rental home with outdoor lounge? Does the property need to be beach front, in town, or near night life? Will the rental have bikes and body boards available for use throughout your stay? Make a list of "necessities and desires" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Do people in your group have specific needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Almost all rental listings include a list of amenities.
Don't forget to include your best friend! Animal friends are welcome at a number of vacation rentals, but policies can vary. A number of constraints could eliminate a potential vacation property. Study your agreement very carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
A number of websites exist to match renters with property owners.. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local vacation home management companies proudly offer an exceptional vacation experience.
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an extra night. Your easiest chance of a lower rate is switching to an off-season week.
Read the Entire Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the standard fee, travelers will need to pay state taxes when renting "Soundfront Home With Private Beach, Steps Away From the Ocean!", as well as various other fees which might be mandatory depending on their situation, including a dog charge, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To ensure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. If you find damages, or if repairs are required call the home manager immediately. If there is a difference of opinion about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts should be very helpful.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, condo access, pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call eliminates many problems.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Residents will be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay much more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Make certain you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- When everything is out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If you can, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Just about all property management companies and vacation rental websites permit renters to provide comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but genuine about your experience. Top property owners and managers will try hard to rectify the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Did everybody have a blast? If everything was exceptional, next year's family vacation planning will be easy. If the property was not perfect, and you will better know how to perfect your search for the next trip.
- Island Water Sports - 1.5 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 2.5 miles
- Frost Seafood House - 2.6 miles
- Crab Shack - 2.8 miles
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 2.8 miles
- Port Of Call - 2.9 miles
- Frankâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 3.1 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 3.2 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 1.0 miles
- Island Water Sports - 1.5 miles
- Flatwaters Paddling - 1.3 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 1.5 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 2.5 miles
- Beach Wheels Bike Rentals - 2.5 miles
- Homerâ€™s Point Marina - 2.8 miles
- Leni Newell Studios And Gallery - 2.8 miles