- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWe have had another, very successful listing through Vacation Rental By Owner and HomeAway (356885 and 931703 ) since 2011. Now, with the many enhancements to these sites, we are merry to add this adjoining oceanfront unit, which is a mirror-image of the other and has all the same luxuries and decor. While it will take some time for us to accumulate reviews on this new listing, we assure you that we are bringing the same personal attention to both units, with the goal of delivering the home to you in as near first-of-season condition as humanly possible, no matter when you rent!
If you have a question, please feel complimentary to message us. Look for the “Contact Owner" link on the right-hand column, and we’ll respond quickly. We want you to be certain that our home meets all your family’s needs – that’s how we’ve gotten all those great reviews year after year!
Are you ready to rent, with your entire group on board? Click the “Request to Rent” button on the right. Since we offer multiple options, such as different-sized linen packages and multi-week Snowbird rate that Vacation Rental By Owner doesn't compute, we regret that we’re not able to offer the Rent It Now feature. But, we do respond quickly.
Now, please read on to learn about our home!
Oceanfront? Yes, and exactly as it should be — with million-dollar vistas! Savor your morning coffee in a rocking chair on the upper outdoor space —just steps from the kitchen — while you watch the children play in the surf or the dolphins frolic in the waves. Go back out at dusk to savor the sunset and gentle evening winds as you have supper around the picnic table, then watch the moon rise as you linger over dessert.
In between, after you've had enough sun and surf and fishing for the day, adore the private hot and cold outdoor shower. Then, grab a one of the great beach books from our voluminous library and hang the hammock on the lower, shaded outdoor space.
If rain showers blow through, take that rent upstairs and curl up on one of the daybeds in the Crow's Nest, or just relish the oceanfront view that goes on forever. Or, if you're feeling more active, push back the three adore seats that cluster around the big-screen TV and turn on our yoga DVD for your own private yoga class.
At nighttime, walk out your own private walkway to the dune outdoor space and practice identifying the constellations (there's a great app for your iPhone or iPad to help you). Or, walk just 8/10 of a mile down the beach to Bogue Inlet Pier and see what fish are biting. Or, push back the furnishings like we do, and play some dance tunes through the iPod dock or by using one of the DVD players for your CDs. For a quieter time, savor our selection of puzzles and board games.
We have five cable TVs, two DVD players, and, of course, clock radios in every bedroom. The big-screen TV also has Netflix and Amazon Prime on-demand video streaming. You should have no problem hooking up your own Wii or Xbox to the TVs!
If you have trouble living completely on 'island time,' or if you categorically must bring work along, there is broadband Wi-Fi all over the home.
The kitchen is thoroughly supplied (including Jenn-Air range, microwave, toaster, toaster-oven, coffee maker, blender, slow cooker, ice maker, a shrimp steamer, tons of specialty cookware and good kitchen knives that are sharpened between each rental). The inside dining tables seat twelve, in addition to the four stools at the breakfast bar, and we give an abundant number of table settings in case visitors drop in.
There are four two-person bedrooms (two of them with king beds and two with queens — two are oceanfront, and two have dazzling sea vistas). Each bedroom has its own full bath en suite and direct access to an oceanfront outdoor space. The generous Crow's Nest has four more single beds, and accesses one of the en suite bathrooms (one floor down) directly through a separate door, without having to go through the attached bedroom. There is also a queen sleep couch in the living room.
Our duplex will sleep up to 12 on a side, with 4 of them (often children) being in the Crow's Nest. But some folks prefer not to sleep people in the Crows' Nest at all, because they appreciate its great vistas and like to use it as a refuge as the children run in and out downstairs; others relish it as a dedicated media room to watch movies or the big game on the big screen. In fact, our low prices and great vistas have enticed many couples to rent the home for a hideaway just for the two of them!
You can even double your bedrooms and bathrooms! If you need more room, remember that this is a duplex. Subject to availability, we can offer the other, mirror-image side for you to rent as well (and sometimes at a discount). While thoroughly private and well soundproofed, the two units can communicate through otherwise-locked passage doors on the two decks, as well as through the rain-protected carport on the ground entry level. We appreciate renting both sides to host huge families, weddings, company retreats, yoga and writing workshops, and groups of home-schoolers on field trips. However, if you do want to rent one side or both for a special event, please give us details in your inquiry so we can be sure that your plans and parking needs are a good fit for the home and neighborhood.
We welcome children of all ages. You'll find a couple of infant gates that you can position at the top and bottom of stairs. We do encourage you to sleep babies and toddlers in their parents' room, both for their safety and for their sense of security in a strange home. Because of sanitary and safety concerns, we don't offer cribs or high chairs, but we can help you rent up-to-date ones if you don't travel with them. Do bring your own outlet covers if you want them, as it is impracticable for us to guarantee that outlet covers remain in place in a holiday rental from week to week.
'I'm bored!' Well, if the beach and the surf and books and TVs and puzzles and games aren't enough for your children, let them ride their bicycles and skateboards on our peaceful cul-de-sac or along the miles of paved pedestrian/bicycle paths in Emerald Isle. They'll also find a b-ball goal in the cul-de-sac, and, within simple walking distance are two miniature golf courses, a go-kart track (well out of earshot!), an arcade, and ice cream stores.
For the whole family, there are many other services and activities within straighforward walking distance: Bogue Inlet Pier, the Food Lion and Publix grocery stores, the ABC store, a coffee shop, a hardware store with fishing supplies and beach equipment, eateries, a movie theater, surf stores, and many specialty stores. Extensive paved bicycle/walk paths make exploring more distant stores, services and scenery a wind. Other adventures await you a brief drive away: boat & kayak units, charter fishing, historic Swansboro and Beaufort, the NC Aquarium, Core Sound Waterfowl Museum, Cedar Point Park, Hammocks Beach State Park, Fort Macon State Park, cruises to Cape Lookout and dolphin-watch cruises. And don't forget the incredible walk along the beach to Bogue Inlet at the western end of the island.
We can occasionally accept up to two modest, brief-haired, crate-trained dogs (in most cases only under 20 pounds), but only with special permission and a nonrefundable pet fee of $175 per dog. We appreciate dogs, but please understand that we must be picky because we need to be confident that we can quickly turn the home around in pristine shape for our next renters. Tell us about your dog – weight, breed, age, length of fur, on year-round flea and tick preventative, crate-trained? – and request that we send you the special provision in our rental agreement regarding dogs and cats. We very cannot accept any family dogs and cats other than approved dogs – no cats or other species!
There is Absolutely No Smoking in the House! We do give urns for the disposal of cigarette butt outdoor, and ask that you use them – not just because butts on the ground are unsightly, but because the beach grasses and high coastal winds can quickly fan a hot cigarette into a blaze threatening many homes.
While we prefer weekly units (usually Sunday-to-Sunday), we will at times consider renting for shorter periods with a nightly rate that is 1/5 to 1/4 of the weekly rate; because of the high demand for our home on a weekly basis, these shorter periods are typically available only for mid-November through mid-March, and only 10 days or less in advance. Discounted multi-week costs are available. Send us your questions!
Keywords: Oceanfront, Duplex, Wi-Fi, Big-Screen TV, Modest, Crate-Trained Dogs with Fee and Permission, Pet Welcoming, Beachfront, Kid Amicable, Child Affable, Walk or Bicycle to Stores, Surf Fishing, Bogue Inlet, Fishing Pier, Rents Mostly Sunday-to-Sunday
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send guides with special packages for rental homes, restaurants and tours. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you can visit? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- Are you a military veteran? Many property management companies offer discounts to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some rental homes are basically designed to serve particular visitors, whether it is beachfront units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own jetski launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the adventures and locations you are most interested in.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer customers the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed due to medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
You might be pleasantly surprised to uncover just how many rental homes are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are sure to come across a rental which matches their expectations and price range.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are liked by owners because they coordinate the online marketing and operations..
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have figured out a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most beginners will be happy to learn that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
Where to find and book the best rental property:
Do you believe "Walk to Groceries! Four Full Baths + Outdoor Shower with Plenty of Hot Water!" is the perfect rental property for your next family vacation? Browse through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Beaufort, NC rental homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the most desirable choice of homes, we recommend searching and booking your Beaufort, NC rental home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for families to plot their Summer trips..
Select a Village and Date
Quite often, the toughest part of scheduling your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. When the big decisions are tackled, the rest is much easier.
Choosing an Appropriately-Sized Rental
Establish who is going, and how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you will need. Be mindful that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. If not, get in touch with the property owner before you reserve the home.
Stay on a Budget
Check to make sure "Walk to Groceries! Four Full Baths + Outdoor Shower with Plenty of Hot Water!" fits your price range *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking an expensive vacation property. A single individual in your party will need to be in charge of gathering repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental fee at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group trying to find? Are you looking for a rental with open-air dining area? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near civilization? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Frequently the senior generation has trouble with stairways. Make sure you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Your Dog Deserves a Vacation, Too
Are you or other members of the crew traveling with a furry companion? Although many vacation rentals allow canine companions, rules and fees fluctuate per rental. You'll want to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Its Time to Search
After the area, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the very best rental selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Besides having exceptional properties, local agencies provide top-notch service..
When you've identified your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Read the Total Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
If you must Cancel
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which ordinarily costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the standard rental home price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
Once you think you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. If you discover wear and tear, or if fixes are required get in touch with the property manager right away. If there is a difference of opinion about legal responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts will probably be helpful.
- When there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, house access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the property manager immediately. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Local people will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a good source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
- Check to make sure you've packed all your personal belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the house for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Just about all rental home management companies and rental websites permit travellers to give comments. If the property and/or property manager was outstanding, they will appreciate your praise. If something was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or when the property was not as described, you'll want to note that as part of your comments.
Did everyone have a blast? If everything was amazing, next year's family vacation planning is going to be simple and easy. Otherwise, you have gained invaluable rental search experience that will help with another search.
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 0.6 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 0.6 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 0.9 miles
- The Trading Post - 0.9 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 0.9 miles
- 4 J's Cafe and Bakery - 0.2 miles
- 4Jâ€™s Cafe And Bake Shop - 0.2 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 1.4 miles
- Hwy 58 Bicycles - 0.2 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 0.3 miles
- Water Boggan - 0.3 miles
- Teezher Charters - 0.5 miles
- Salt Ultra Lounge - 0.6 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 0.6 miles