- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWelcome to Xanadu West! It is an oceanfront duplex with extraordinary vistas and is great for families especially with young children.
The duplex sits taller and closer to the sea than its neighbors which makes for gorgeous vistas! One can see all the way from Indian Beach to the Point from the top outdoor space. We've discovered that by being closer to the sea (while not giving up good beach depth) life with children and especially little ones is just much easier! You can see your children effortlessly from the outdoor space if you'd like to have a drink or you just have to take a few steps and you are right on the beach with them. You don't have to put up a big umbrella or pack food or drinks as you are so close to the shaded decks and home. There is a full outdoor shower with hot and cold water outdoor for cleaning off all of the sand that seems to get everywhere!
During the spring of 2013, Xanadu West underwent a complete remodel including a thoroughly new kitchen, new floor all through, new painting everywhere, new furnishings, and new bathrooms. In 2014, we replaced all beds with new ones for improved sleep! In 2015, we put in an enclosed outdoor shower with hot and cold water as well as replaced the entire HVAC units for improved appreciation in the home. In spring of 2016 we replaced the Oceanfront Deck and doubled the size of the upper outdoor space that comes off of the living area creating an striking area to gather with ideal vistas.
The duplex has a reverse floorplan with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms on the first floor. All 3 bedrooms have sea vistas with two of them have full oceanfront vistas thru generous double sliding glass doors. The first of the oceanfront bedrooms has queen size bed and an attached bathroom. The other oceanfront bedroom has one queen bed along with a twin/trundle to accept for a max. of 4 people in that room. The third bedroom on first floor has 2 sets of bunk beds accepting 4 people to sleep in that room as well.
You can hear the roar of the surf when you fall asleep and then welcome it in the morning when you are woken up by little feet. Appreciate just opening the glass door and stepping out on the lower outdoor space for a incredible view of the sea.
The second floor includes the living room, kitchen, dining room and a second master bedroom and bathroom. The second floor has a vaulted ceiling with multiple huge windows including a sizable bay window to give a excellent amount of natural light into the home. Just step out onto the upper outdoor space and you will have one of the most amazing vistas of Emerald Isle.
The second floor master has a king size bed and includes both an sea view and a sound view out of its two windows.
Outside, there are two different decks with which to savor the sea. The lower outdoor space resides just outdoor of the first floor oceanfront rooms described earlier. This outdoor space is completely shaded and is supplied with four adirondack chairs, foot rests, and side tables which makes for a great place to sit and watch the surf, read a rent, have a drink and just appreciate the beach. The top outdoor space, which has doubled in size, has a enormous dining table that seats up to 10 people which makes for a great place to eat a meal. There is another gathering space with a bench and two chairs as well as some very appealing rocking chairs to help relish the phenomenal view of Emerald Isle.
As a family of 6 with 4 young children, we are keenly aware of just how much 'stuff' one must bring to the beach. We can help complimentary up some space by including a Pack-n-Play, Bouncy Seat, Infant Swing, and High Chair/Booster that are already at Xanadu West.
The kitchen is well supplied with an electric stove, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, Ice tea maker, deep fryer, slow cooker, blender, and sizable griddle. There is a appealing dvd/video library including movies for both children and adults for afternoon or evening viewing. There are games and puzzles as well for those in need of a break from the sun. Also, a charcoal grille is ready to help make great family meals. Linens including towels are supplied complimentary of charge during June, July and August. We can arrange linens/towels at guest request in the off-season as well at our price.
For those that want to discover the island, there are plenty of activities away from the beach for everybody in your group. For the active: bicycling (units available on island), golf, kayak and boat units, mini-golf, amusement park, horseback riding, volleyball, water park, driving range, skating, off-shore fishing, kite-flying. For the sightseer and shopper: There is Morehead City, Beaufort waterfront, Swansboro waterfront stores and antiques, Emerald Isle stores, North Carolina Aquarium and more.
We hope you give us a try at Xanadu West!
Matt and Eleanor
- Many rental managers and vacation homes supply Beaufort, NC area traveller discount catalogs which feature coupons, either offered individually by merchants, or by a partnership between the property management company and the local merchant itself. These guides provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Want to avoid the crowds and save some money? Off-peak times offer up remarkable markdowns.
- Are you a military veteran? Quite a few rental companies provide financial savings to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a special offer.
- Some rentals are practically designed to serve particular guests, whether it's oceanside homes with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to night life or waterfront homes that feature their own boat launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most interested in.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance together with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers buyers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen hotel room stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental property Tips & Tricks
First-timers are likely to be shocked at the number and variety of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Beaufort, NC area. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to discover a property which fits their expectations and spending budget.
Vacation homes are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Rental owners frequently choose management companies to assist with promoting and advertising, house cleaning and repairs and maintenance.
We have constructed a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Do you think "Oceanfront. New Enlarged Deck. Great for families!" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming family vacation? Look over this checklist to ensure it fits your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Beaufort, NC rental homes start booking very early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Pick a Village and Time
Sometimes, the toughest portion of organizing your trip is deciding where to search, and when. After the big decisions are hammered out, everything else becomes easier.
Selecting an Correctly-Sized Vacation rental
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Bear in mind that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for the party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible online. Otherwise, speak to the property owner before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Make certain "Oceanfront. New Enlarged Deck. Great for families!" works with your price range *during your desired dates*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family prior to booking an expensive rental property. Most rental contracts require a single person to be liable for the full reservation.
Create a list of "Preferences" and "Needs"
What property features is the family looking for? Is a screened deck a necessity? Will the unit need to be beachfront, downtown, or in close proximity to shopping? Does the unit have bicycles and body boards for use as part of your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Elderly guests will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, include that into your search. Almost all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Make sure you include your companion! Pets are welcome at many rental properties, but policies differ. Read your contract carefully! Extra fees may apply when animals are added. Ask questions *well before* you book!
The best places to Search
When the area, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple resources for the very best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a superior vacation experience.
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your travel dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study The Agreement
Read through the complete contract and be certain you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed due to personal hospital emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Good job on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also suggest promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any necessary repairs.
- Ask questions. If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents most likely live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Double-check every space of the rental home to ensure that you've packed all possessions.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the property to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your rental home? Just about all rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for customers to offer feedback. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was terrific, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong, we suggest being kind but honest with regards to experience. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with the people in your group. Does everyone want to go back? Maybe everything ended up being perfect and you're ready to reserve the rental home for next season. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable rental search experience that can help with the next search.
- Island Water Sports - 0.9 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 1.9 miles
- Frost Seafood House - 2.0 miles
- Crab Shack - 2.2 miles
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 2.2 miles
- Port Of Call - 2.3 miles
- Frankâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 3.1 miles
- Clamdigger Restaurant - 4.5 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 2.6 miles
- Island Water Sports - 0.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 1.6 miles
- Flatwaters Paddling - 0.7 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 0.9 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 1.9 miles
- Beach Wheels Bike Rentals - 1.9 miles
- Homerâ€™s Point Marina - 2.2 miles
- Leni Newell Studios And Gallery - 2.2 miles