- 4 Bedrooms
- 4.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe Town of Emerald Isle lies on Bogue Banks, the southernmost island of the North Carolina Outer Banks. Our home is located at the cloistered western end of the island known as 'The Point'.
It is a 4-bedroom, 3.5 bath home on a corner lot. with wood, tile and carpeted floors, Anderson windows, four Covered Outdoor spaces (2 upper decks with Porch Furnishings, front lower outdoor space with porch swing). Time Warner provides cable, phone and high speed internet access.
The double carport on the ground level is deep enough to accommodate four cars. On the rear of the home, under the lower outdoor space, there is a tiled patio with patio furnishings, swing and 4-burner gas grille. It is a great place to relax while watching others play 'kick-the-can' or while preparing the 'daily catch' on the grille. Adjacent to the patio is a private, enclosed hot/cold shower with an enclosed changing area. After a day at the beach, this is a stop that shouldn't be missed.
At the front of the lower level, the door opens to a tiled entry, with french doors left and right leading to identical master bedrooms. Each has a king bed, a full bath, a huge walk-in closet, a TV and DVD player. Each is ideal for a quit getaway after a busy day or easily for a peaceful nighttime's sleep. Beyond the entryway, though another set of french doors, is a sizable, carpeted 20' X 14' living area with 52' LCD SONY TV and Blu-ray DVD player with Netflix and other streaming applications. A third bedroom has a queen bed, double closet and a TV and DVD Player. A fourth bedroom has 2 twin beds, a double closet and a TV and DVD player. These two bedrooms share a tiled bath across from which is the laundry area with a new washer and new dryer.
One of the main attractions is the upper level with its open floor plan. Holidays are for gatherings and conversations and laughs and this accepts everybody to share some time together. At the top of the stairs is a dining table that seats eight. Across the room is a very well-supplied kitchen and pantry separated form the 'dining area' by a breakfast bar and eight bar chairs. For those who have been visitors before, you will recognize this as the site of our annual 'pancake eating contest'.
In the front of the room is a sitting area with couch and chairs that surround a tiled fireplace with gas logs, a 47' LCD SONY TV and Blu-ray DVD player also with Netflix and other streaming applications. Surround-sound stereophonic equipment with iPhone connection completes the set-up. On the front, sliding glass doors open onto a covered outdoor space with porch furnishings. It is from here that the spectacular vistas of sunrises and sunsets and the sweeping picture of sea and inlet makes this one of my favorite spots.
Another set of sliding glass doors open onto the back covered outdoor space, also supplied with porch furnishings. This is a particularly quit spot, protected from the sea wind, with vistas of the sound. We have taken advantage of this for a number of peaceful, inviting 'dinners under the stars'.
There is a choice of access to the beaches. Go left to the walkway that will take you over the dunes or go right to the broad expanse of 'The Point'. Either way, you have open space enough for picnics, games and even a touch of solitude.
Keywords: Second row home; corner lot, four peaceful bedrooms on 1st floor with central family; sizable well-supplied kitchen and dining area on 2nd floor with open floor plan for great holiday get-together.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property management companies and vacation rental properties provide Beaufort, NC area promotional travel magazines that feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the store itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental search.
- Willing to change your dates? The off-peak seasons will offer phenomenal rates on daily rental properties.
- Are you a military veteran? Some property management companies offer special discounts to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some vacation rentals are essentially catered to particular clients, whether it's beachfront homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a certain Beaufort, NC atteaction which you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners commonly offer their clients the chance to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
First-timers are sometimes surprised at the number and selection of daily, weekly and monthly rental homes available in the Beaufort, NC area. With such a big selection, renters are sure to come across a vacation home which fits their wishes and budget.
Rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners because they coordinate the internet marketing and operations..
Below are some tips and techniques to help you understand the rental home search and booking process.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental home:
Do you believe "Outstanding Location: The Finnish Line, Walk to Beach, Perfect Family Retreat" is the best rental home for your upcoming visit? Browse through this checklist to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Beaufort, NC rentals are reserved several months (and up to a year) in advance. To get the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months prior to your trip. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for groups to plot their Summer trips..
Find your Spot and Identify Dates
Begin by deciding which particular area of Beaufort, NC you prefer to visit, and the approximate travel dates.
Choosing an Properly-Sized Rental
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Try to remember that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the family. Most vacation home listings will outline each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
Most rentals are advertised with a price range. Determine the cost for your desired week. It might be at the top end of the range. If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, be certain that each group understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Most rental agreements require a single person to be liable for the full reservation.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Needs"
What home features is your family trying to find? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental home with outside dining area? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property rate? Create a list of priority amenities to facilitate narrow your search.
Do members of your party have specialized needs? Make sure you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Make sure to include your furrry friends. Pets are welcome at many vacation rentals, but policies differ. A number of constraints might dismiss a prospective rental. Be sure to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
Many websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. In addition to having exclusive rental properties, local agencies offer you top-notch service..
When you've found your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak season offers your greatest opportunity to negotiate a lower rate.
Study the Agreement
Read the full contract and be sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before booking. Rental home management companies and rental owners often offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas.
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Remember that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Where to Get Help
Don't forget to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest saving the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your vacation home! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To make sure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. We also recommend promptly calling the rental home manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any necessary fixes.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call helps prevent many head aches.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a trip much more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Natives can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great date night, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every room of the rental to ensure that you've gathered all valuables.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most property management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to give comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was great, they will appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we advise being kind but sincere about your experience. The best property owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the issue.
Learn from your Stay
Did they enjoy their stay? If everything was perfect, next year's family vacation planning will be painless. If not, you have gained invaluable rental search experience to help with another search.
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.7 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 2.3 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 3.3 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.6 miles
- The Trading Post - 3.6 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 3.7 miles
- Lazzaraâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 2.3 miles
- 4Jâ€™s Cafe And Bake Shop - 2.8 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 3.7 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 4.1 miles
- Emerald Isle Woods Park - 1.9 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 2.3 miles
- Harrikaâ€™s Brew Haus - 2.5 miles
- Water Boggan - 2.6 miles
- Dudley's Marina - 2.6 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 2.7 miles