Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many management companies and vacation properties supply Beaufort, NC area vacation discount magazines which feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by merchants, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the local merchant itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Willing to alter your travel dates? Shoulder seasons offer outstanding savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for price reductions. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some homes are primarily designed for specific types of visitors. Event homes are best for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to night life. You'll receive the most value from a rental that most thoroughly suits your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Consider obtaining trip insurance along with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra fuel.
The Rental Process
You may be surprised to find out just how many rental homes are available at your destination. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The vast majority of rentals in Beaufort, NC are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, staff and practical experience to provide trouble-free operational administration on behalf of the owner..
We've assembled a brief guide to assist you in getting most out of your vacation property experience.
Where to find and reserve the best vacation home:
Before you decide to book "Beaches are OPEN! Bright, Clean, Affordable, and Steps to the Beach!", read through our brief list of things to consider.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Beaufort, NC vacation homes start booking very early. To ensure the best selection of vacation homes, we advise searching and reserving your Beaufort, NC getaway 6-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Pick your Area and Travel Week
Agreement can often be challenging between family, but as soon as this tricky part is complete everything will start to slide in place.
Decide on a Size
How many family members are joining your trip? Remember that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available online. Otherwise, communicate with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Have a Spending Limit
Does the preferred rental home fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If a few groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, always make sure each group understands their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Generally, just one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and recovering each family member's contribution.
Vacation home Features
What property features is the family searching for? Is a screened porch a requirement? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to civilization? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Make a list of "needs and desires" from your group to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Do a few members of your group have specific needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are required, include that into your search. The majority of vacation rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Think About Furry Family Members?
Be sure to include your best friend! Animal policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and breeds might be limited. Read your agreement very carefully! Extra charges may apply when pets are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to offering distinctive properties, local companies offer you outstanding service..
When you've located your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is more effective during the off-season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Study the Total Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy before booking. Rental management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
After you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest storing the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit right away. We also recommend promptly calling the property manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any required fixes.
- Ask questions. When there's any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, property access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many hassles.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Local people will likely be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay much more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best spots for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make certain you've packed all valuables.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and check for damage. When possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Most rental home management companies and rental websites allow customers to give comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was outstanding, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but honest about your rental experience. The best property owners and managers will work hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they love their rental? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning is going to be painless. Otherwise, you've gained invaluable rental search experience that can help with the next search.