- Emerald Isle
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyFlexible and non-week units accepted. Write us with your questions or ideas! We want your family to have a great holiday on Emerald Isle and come back next year.
If you have more than 4 adults, please explain why in your renting request.
Our inviting beach home is 100 yards away from access to a peaceful beach. Remodeled 4 bed/3 baths in ideal shape. Unwind and relish full decks on both floors with sea sounds and vistas. Walkable grocery, eateries, shopping & mini golf. We want to know if something interferes with your savoring your stay. House is outfitted with preparing essentials, and lines are PROVIDED!!
Absolutely No Smoking or dogs and cats. We request that visitors do not smoke near the home including the decks because some smoke smell inevitably finds its way into the home and we pride ourselves on including a "smoke-complimentary" experience as much as possible. If you smoke outdoor please try not to disturb renters on the other side of the duplex.
Check-in at 4 pm or after and check-out at 10 am on departure day.
Middle floor has a generous open kitchen and dining area with seating for eight. Two sliding doors to access the porch with table and chairs. One bedroom with 2 twins, and a shared downstairs bathroom. The living area has High-speed internet (30 Down/5 up) and TV with 200 Channels, in addition to Wii U + games.
Top floor has 2 queen bedrooms with access to the outdoor space and 1 shared bathroom. The master bedroom has a king bed with private bath.
Covered parking for 2 cars and parking pad, plus sizable driveway with generous room for cars. This is the blue door side of the duplex.
Washer/dryer and propane grille available.
There is a brief walk to the uncrowded Emerald Isle beach. This little group of homes has its own public entrance to the beach with NO public parking. Folks cannot park on our road so the only people that use this access are on this street. The home is at the end of peaceful cul-de-sac. There is essentially no traffic on our street or in front of the home. Most of the close by homes are units but we haven't noticed a lot of noise or seen any big events. They too have a no smoking, no dogs and cats policy.
Often there is a excellent tidal pool during low tide. As with any beach (especially one with sandbars and without lifeguards), know what to do in terms of rip tides. On Emerald Isle, we don't get the monster waves you see on the outer banks, but everybody should know about rip tides. We have life jackets for anyone who isn't a great swimmer.
Emerald Isle is bicycle affable with bicycle paths along the major roads and smooth bicycle rental if you cannot bring your own. Bicycle or walk to the Emerald Plantation Shopping or Food Lion each morning to pick up a coffee or a food item. It's less than a mile away. You can walk conveniently to the pier via the beach (about a mile away). Emerald Isle Woods Park is also about a mile away and has a pretty view of the sound. Walking distance to water park, cinema, shopping, mini-golf, and eateries. Canoe units and surf shop are also walking distance.
Access: On your left, there is a public beach access. In the morning and evening, the beach isn't that busy. To get to the beach, turn right out of the home and walk to the end of the street.
Fishing: The Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier is a 1.6-mile drive or a 1-mile walk on the beach to the east. Surf fishing is acclaimed especially when the beaches are peaceful.
Equipment: The home has beach chairs and the usual collection of "floaty things" as the children call them. There are two beach carts.
Check-in/check-out: Standard Check-In time is 4 pm and check-out time is 10 am. These hours may be flexible depending on availability. If the home is cleaned and no one is in the home, we'll tell you and you can potentially check in as early as you like on that day.
Towels: Visitors should bring their own bath and beach towels. There isn't time to turn around the home for the next guest and tidy towels.
Parking: There is covered space for two cars (one behind the other). There is also a parking pad to the right where you can put another car.
Food in the House: We've tried to stock the kitchen with necessary silverware and cookware. If anything is missing, please tell us so we can address the problem. You will also find standard spices, common items (oil) and some standard refrigerator stuff. Thus you will find some items in the refrigerator. These items are left because when we have rented, we have been frustrated that preparing is hard without them and I end up doing additional runs to the grocery store. Please feel complimentary to use anything you find. If you have food you don't want to bring home and won't spoil in the next few weeks, feel complimentary to leave it.
Next Door: Keep in mind that we cannot control the behavior of visitors who rent the other half of the duplex - and they may smoke on their decks. Please tell us if their behavior (smoking or otherwise) interferes with your appreciating your stay. Please do not park on their side (the West side) of the building
Food Lion in the close by (0.6 miles, an 11-min. walk) Emerald Plantation Shopping Center. The prices are reasonable. Note that they are swamped on Saturday when new people arrive. And all those folks can quickly empty the new veggies and fruit. To get to Emerald Plantation Shopping, drive out to the main road, turn right and it is about half a mile down on the left.
Lowes Foods (3.2 miles, 11 min drive) - A trip across the bridge; usually not necessary. They will shop for you and do delivery, however.
Piggly Wiggly (7 miles and 12 mins. away from the home): A convenient stop on the way in if you are coming in from Jacksonville. If you are coming in on a Saturday or Sunday it'll be much less busy.
There is plenty of convenient Shopping on Emerald Isle including in the close by (0.6 miles, an 11-min. walk) Emerald Plantation Shopping Center.
CVS Pharmacy - Photo too (1.1 miles, 3 min drive)
Most exemplary Walmart on the way if you forgot something is Walmart Supercenter (41 miles, 54 mins.)
Closest Walmart to the home. Walmart Supercenter (18.6 miles, 26 mins.)
Local Activities: Right around the corner you'll find
Isle Have Fun Park (go-carts & amusements) and Lighthouse Golf
Hot Wax Surf and Paddle Sports Units about half a mile away that has units available.
Emerald Plantation Shopping Center Cinemas. It has 4 screens and usually 6 movies [yes, it does occasionally rain on the island]
Eateries in the Emerald Plantation Shopping Center:
Burger place (Hwy 55 Burger, Shakes, and Fries),
Pizza place (Michelangelo’s). Saturday nighttime is completely jammed. Telephone far in advance!
American style restaurant (Rucker Johns).
You can see pretty sunsets over the water at Emerald Isle Woods Park [about 1.5 miles away] - Turn left onto Reed Dr, after 0.4 mi, turn left onto Coast Guard Rd, after 0.5 mi turn right onto Cristina Ct, travel 0.3 miles and walk down the path to the water (about .3 miles)
Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium is located about 15 miles away
- Many property owners and vacation houses provide Beaufort, NC area discount guides which feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the local itself. These guides provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- In a position to alter your travel dates? The off-peak seasons will offer you amazing rates on weekly rentals.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many property management companies provide discounted prices to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some properties are particularly suited for particular types of travellers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other properties are positioned close to night life. If there's a particular Beaufort, NC activity you simply love, search for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about getting trip insurance along with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers buyers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed resulting from medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are likely to be shocked at the number and selection of short term vacation rentals available in the Beaufort, NC area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an ideal retreat to fit their Beaufort, NC group, from calm condos to colossal event homes with several bedrooms.
Rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and practical experience to provide easy operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however many newcomers will be delighted to know that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you know where to search.
How to find and book the right vacation rental:
Do you believe "Ocean View, EASY Access, Last Minute Short Stay available!!" is the best rental for your next trip? Read this guide to ensure it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many renowned destinations, In Beaufort, NC the best rentals are booked early. To find the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months before your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your rental home..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Agreement can often be difficult between family members, but as soon as this difficult part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is going, and how many/what type of bedroom configuration you will need. Bear in mind that most rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the company. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Have a Spending Limit
Most vacation rentals are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the rate for your selected week. It may be at the high end of the range. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a costly rental home. One individual in your company must be in charge of gathering payments and accepting responsibility for the complete rental price at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the family trying to find? Do you want a vacation property with outdoor lounge? Does the property need to be beachfront, downtown, or close to restaurants? Are extras like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental property rate? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your companion! Although many vacation rentals allow furry friends, guidelines and fees vary per property. You'll want to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental properties" for local property management companies. In addition to offering exclusive rental properties, local agencies offer top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have identified the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
While not true for all rental homes, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. The off-season offers your best chance to negotiate a lower rate.
Read The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before reserving. Property management companies and rental owners often offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed as a result of personal medical emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
Complete the Reservation
When you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Get Contact Details
Remember to get the property manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To assure no damages are associated with your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Call the property manager right away to report your observations.
- You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Call your home manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Many times, neighboring properties are filled by permanent residents. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make certain to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Tidy up a bit. Regardless of whether you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation rental needs to be in good condition. Kitchen sinks filled with dirty dishes, surplus sand on the floor and sticky messes ought to be addressed before leaving.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure that no property damage occurred during your stay. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Most rental management company websites request testimonials after your stay is complete. Rental owners and property managers will appreciate your glowing reviews. If anything went wrong and they did not fix it in a reasonable manner, or when the vacation rental was not as described, you should note that as part of your review.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Does everybody want to re-book next year? Maybe everything ended up being perfect and you are all set to re-book the same rental for next year. If not, you have gained useful rental search experience that will help with another search.
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 0.5 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 0.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.0 miles
- The Trading Post - 1.0 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 1.0 miles
- 4 J's Cafe and Bakery - 0.2 miles
- 4Jâ€™s Cafe And Bake Shop - 0.2 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 1.5 miles
- Water Boggan - 0.2 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Hwy 58 Bicycles - 0.2 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 0.5 miles
- Teezher Charters - 0.5 miles
- Salt Ultra Lounge - 0.7 miles