- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyFlexible and non-week units accepted. Write us with your questions or ideas! We want your family to have a great holiday on Emerald Isle and come back next year.
If you have more than 4 adults, please explain why in your renting request.
Our peaceful beach home is 100 yards away from access to a peaceful beach. Remodeled 4 bed/3 baths in ideal shape. Unwind and appreciate full decks on both floors with sea sounds and vistas. Walkable grocery, eateries, shopping & mini golf. We want to know if something interferes with your appreciating your stay. House is outfitted with preparing essentials, and lines are PROVIDED!!
Absolutely No Smoking or dogs and cats. We request that visitors do not smoke near the home including the decks because some smoke smell inevitably finds its way into the home and we pride ourselves on including a "smoke-complimentary" experience as much as possible. If you smoke outdoor please try not to disturb renters on the other side of the duplex.
Check-in at 4 pm or after and check-out at 10 am on departure day.
Middle floor has a enormous open kitchen and dining area with seating for eight. Two sliding doors to access the porch with table and chairs. One bedroom with 2 twins, and a shared downstairs bathroom. The living area has High-speed internet (30 Down/5 up) and TV with 200 Channels, in addition to Wii U + games.
Top floor has 2 queen bedrooms with access to the outdoor space and 1 shared bathroom. The master bedroom has a king bed with private bath.
Covered parking for 2 cars and parking pad, plus huge driveway with comprehensive room for cars. This is the blue door side of the duplex.
Washer/dryer and propane grille available.
There is a brief walk to the uncrowded Emerald Isle beach. This little group of homes has its own public entrance to the beach with NO public parking. Folks cannot park on our road so the only people that use this access are on this street. The home is at the end of peaceful cul-de-sac. There is essentially no traffic on our street or in front of the home. Most of the close by homes are units but we haven't noticed a lot of noise or seen any big events. They too have a no smoking, no dogs and cats policy.
Often there is a outstanding tidal pool during low tide. As with any beach (especially one with sandbars and without lifeguards), know what to do in terms of rip tides. On Emerald Isle, we don't get the monster waves you see on the outer banks, but everybody should know about rip tides. We have life jackets for anyone who isn't a great swimmer.
Emerald Isle is bicycle chummy with bicycle paths along the major roads and smooth bicycle rental if you cannot bring your own. Bicycle or walk to the Emerald Plantation Shopping or Food Lion each morning to pick up a coffee or a food item. It's less than a mile away. You can walk comfortably to the pier via the beach (about a mile away). Emerald Isle Woods Park is also about a mile away and has a pretty view of the sound. Walking distance to water park, cinema, shopping, mini-golf, and eateries. Canoe units and surf shop are also walking distance.
Access: On your left, there is a public beach access. In the morning and evening, the beach isn't that busy. To get to the beach, turn right out of the home and walk to the end of the street.
Fishing: The Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier is a 1.6-mile drive or a 1-mile walk on the beach to the east. Surf fishing is famed especially when the beaches are peaceful.
Equipment: The home has beach chairs and the usual collection of "floaty things" as the children call them. There are two beach carts.
Check-in/check-out: Standard Check-In time is 4 pm and check-out time is 10 am. These hours may be flexible depending on availability. If the home is cleaned and no one is in the home, we'll tell you and you can potentially check in as early as you like on that day.
Towels: Visitors should bring their own bath and beach towels. There isn't time to turn around the home for the next guest and tidy towels.
Parking: There is covered space for two cars (one behind the other). There is also a parking pad to the right where you can put another car.
Food in the House: We've tried to stock the kitchen with necessary silverware and cookware. If anything is missing, please tell us so we can address the problem. You will also find standard spices, common items (oil) and some standard refrigerator stuff. Thus you will find some items in the refrigerator. These items are left because when we have rented, we have been frustrated that preparing is hard without them and I end up doing additional runs to the grocery store. Please feel complimentary to use anything you find. If you have food you don't want to bring home and won't spoil in the next few weeks, feel complimentary to leave it.
Next Door: Keep in mind that we cannot control the behavior of visitors who rent the other half of the duplex - and they may smoke on their decks. Please tell us if their behavior (smoking or otherwise) interferes with your savoring your stay. Please do not park on their side (the West side) of the building
Food Lion in the close by (0.6 miles, an 11-min. walk) Emerald Plantation Shopping Center. The prices are reasonable. Note that they are swamped on Saturday when new people arrive. And all those folks can quickly empty the new veggies and fruit. To get to Emerald Plantation Shopping, drive out to the main road, turn right and it is about half a mile down on the left.
Lowes Foods (3.2 miles, 11 min drive) - A trip across the bridge; usually not necessary. They will shop for you and do delivery, however.
Piggly Wiggly (7 miles and 12 mins. away from the home): A convenient stop on the way in if you are coming in from Jacksonville. If you are coming in on a Saturday or Sunday it'll be much less busy.
There is plenty of convenient Shopping on Emerald Isle including in the close by (0.6 miles, an 11-min. walk) Emerald Plantation Shopping Center.
CVS Pharmacy - Photo too (1.1 miles, 3 min drive)
Finest Walmart on the way if you forgot something is Walmart Supercenter (41 miles, 54 mins.)
Closest Walmart to the home. Walmart Supercenter (18.6 miles, 26 mins.)
Local Activities: Right around the corner you'll find
Isle Have Fun Park (go-carts & amusements) and Lighthouse Golf
Hot Wax Surf and Paddle Sports Units about half a mile away that has units available.
Emerald Plantation Shopping Center Cinemas. It has 4 screens and usually 6 movies [yes, it does occasionally rain on the island]
Eateries in the Emerald Plantation Shopping Center:
Burger place (Hwy 55 Burger, Shakes, and Fries),
Pizza place (Michelangelo’s). Saturday nighttime is completely jammed. Telephone far in advance!
American style restaurant (Rucker Johns).
You can see pretty sunsets over the water at Emerald Isle Woods Park [about 1.5 miles away] - Turn left onto Reed Dr, after 0.4 mi, turn left onto Coast Guard Rd, after 0.5 mi turn right onto Cristina Ct, travel 0.3 miles and walk down the path to the water (about .3 miles)
Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium is located about 15 miles away
- Many property managers and vacation houses provide Beaufort, NC area promotional books that feature money-saving coupons, either offered independently by vendors, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the local vendor itself. Keep an eye out for these magazines and coupon books, as this allows visitors to experience the very same fantastic attractions with a frequently substantial discounted.
- Can you adjust your dates? The off-peak seasons will offer you great rates on rentals.
- Plenty of management companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or returning travelers to the same vacation home. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a special offer.
- Some rentals are basically designed to serve specific travelers, whether it is soundside rentals with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. If there's a specific Beaufort, NC atteaction you simply love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to you.
- Consider investing in trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed due to personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be pleasantly surprised to discover just how many vacation rentals are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of vacation rentals available allows them to find an perfect getaway to accommodate their Beaufort, NC group, from relaxed condominiums to giant event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all rentals in Beaufort, NC are privately owned and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Property owners often choose management companies to facilitate internet marketing, housekeeping services and regular maintenance.
We have put together a short guide to help you get the most out of your rental property experience.
Searching for and reserving the best rental home:
Do you believe "Ocean View, EASY beach access, close to shopping!" is the perfect vacation property for your upcoming trip? Browse through this check list to ensure it fits all of your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many popular destinations, In Beaufort, NC the best rentals are booked early. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months before your trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home..
Find your Spot and Confirm Dates
Begin by figuring out which specific area of Beaufort, NC you would like to visit, and the approximate trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your vacation? Remember that most homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to figure out what is suitable for your party. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually accessible online. If not, contact the property owner before you book.
Establish Your Budget
Most vacation homes are presented with a price range. Confirm the cost for your preferred trip. It could be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before reserving a pricey vacation property. A single individual in your party must be responsible for collecting payments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of booking.
Compose a list of "Preferences" and "Necessities"
What home features is your group trying to find? Do you just desire a home with a swimming pool, spa or volleyball court? Will the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to restaurants? Are linens offered with the rental contract, or do you need to take your own? Make a list of "necessities and desires" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
Often times the older generation has problems with staircases. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are necessary, factor that into your search. The majority of property postings include a list of amenities.
Are you or other members of the party traveling with a dog or cat? Even though quite a few vacation homes allow pets, rules and costs vary per rental. Many restrictions might eliminate a prospective rental property. Be sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are added.
The best places to Search
Once the area, dates and guests are decided, search multiple sources to get the best vacation home selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from having exclusive rental properties, local companies offer top-notch service..
Re-read the description to make sure the rental home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the rental management company may know of very similar homes that fit your desires and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Entire Agreement
Read through the complete agreement and make certain you fully understand who is liable for:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard price, visitors have to pay local taxes when renting "Ocean View, EASY beach access, close to shopping!", in addition to various other additional fees that may be required based upon their situation, including an animal fee, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
What's the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should tragedy strike.
Complete the Reservation
When you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental owner.
Get Contact Information
Be sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend saving the contact's information in your smartphone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your rental home! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. To ensure that no damages are linked to your stay, create a record of any trouble spots of the property. Call the rental manager immediately to report your observations. This may protect against disputes during check out.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Get in touch with your property manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call helps prevent many complications.
- Be respectful of the local community. Often, nearby households are occupied by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every space of the vacation property to make sure that you've collected all valuables.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Virtually all rental web sites request comments after your stay is complete. Owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing ratings. If anything went wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to note that as part of your comments.
Learn from your Stay
Did they like the rental? Maybe everything was fantastic and you're excited to reserve the same rental for next year. If not, you have gained valuable experience to aid with the next search.
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 0.5 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 0.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.0 miles
- The Trading Post - 1.0 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 1.0 miles
- 4 J's Cafe and Bakery - 0.2 miles
- 4Jâ€™s Cafe And Bake Shop - 0.2 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 1.5 miles
- Water Boggan - 0.2 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Hwy 58 Bicycles - 0.2 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 0.5 miles
- Teezher Charters - 0.5 miles
- Salt Ultra Lounge - 0.7 miles