- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Games
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyFlexible and non-week units accepted. Write us with your questions or ideas! We want your family to have a great holiday on Emerald Isle and come back next year.
If you have more than 4 adults, please explain why in your renting request.
Our comfortable beach home is 100 yards away from access to a peaceful beach. Remodeled 4 bed/3 baths in ideal shape. Unwind and adore full decks on both floors with sea sounds and vistas. Walkable grocery, eateries, shopping & mini golf. We want to know if something interferes with your relishing your stay. House is supplied with preparing essentials, and lines are PROVIDED!!
Absolutely No Smoking or dogs and cats. We request that visitors do not smoke near the home including the decks because some smoke smell inevitably finds its way into the home and we pride ourselves on including a "smoke-complimentary" experience as much as possible. If you smoke outdoor please try not to disturb renters on the other side of the duplex.
Check-in at 4 pm or after and check-out at 10 am on departure day.
Middle floor has a huge open kitchen and dining area with seating for eight. Two sliding doors to access the porch with table and chairs. One bedroom with 2 twins, and a shared downstairs bathroom. The living area has High-speed internet (30 Down/5 up) and TV with 200 Channels, in addition to Wii U + games.
Top floor has 2 queen bedrooms with access to the outdoor space and 1 shared bathroom. The master bedroom has a king bed with private bath.
Covered parking for 2 cars and parking pad, plus enormous driveway with copious room for cars. This is the blue door side of the duplex.
Washer/dryer and propane grille available.
There is a brief walk to the uncrowded Emerald Isle beach. This little group of homes has its own public entrance to the beach with NO public parking. Folks cannot park on our road so the only people that use this access are on this street. The home is at the end of peaceful cul-de-sac. There is essentially no traffic on our street or in front of the home. Most of the close by homes are units but we haven't noticed a lot of noise or seen any big events. They too have a no smoking, no family dogs and cats policy.
Often there is a marvelous tidal pool during low tide. As with any beach (especially one with sandbars and without lifeguards), know what to do in terms of rip tides. On Emerald Isle, we don't get the monster waves you see on the outer banks, but everybody should know about rip tides. We have life jackets for anyone who isn't a great swimmer.
Emerald Isle is bicycle helpful with bicycle paths along the major roads and smooth bicycle rental if you cannot bring your own. Bicycle or walk to the Emerald Plantation Shopping or Food Lion each morning to pick up a coffee or a food item. It's less than a mile away. You can walk conveniently to the pier via the beach (about a mile away). Emerald Isle Woods Park is also about a mile away and has a pretty view of the sound. Walking distance to water park, cinema, shopping, mini-golf, and eateries. Canoe units and surf shop are also walking distance.
Access: On your left, there is a public beach access. In the morning and evening, the beach isn't that busy. To get to the beach, turn right out of the home and walk to the end of the street.
Fishing: The Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier is a 1.6-mile drive or a 1-mile walk on the beach to the east. Surf fishing is fashionable especially when the beaches are peaceful.
Equipment: The home has beach chairs and the usual collection of "floaty things" as the children call them. There are two beach carts.
Check-in/check-out: Standard Check-In time is 4 pm and check-out time is 10 am. These hours may be flexible depending on availability. If the home is cleaned and no one is in the home, we'll tell you and you can potentially check in as early as you like on that day.
Towels: Visitors should bring their own bath and beach towels. There isn't time to turn around the home for the next guest and tidy towels.
Parking: There is covered space for two cars (one behind the other). There is also a parking pad to the right where you can put another car.
Food in the House: We've tried to stock the kitchen with necessary silverware and cookware. If anything is missing, please tell us so we can address the problem. You will also find standard spices, common items (oil) and some standard refrigerator stuff. Thus you will find some items in the refrigerator. These items are left because when we have rented, we have been frustrated that preparing is hard without them and I end up doing additional runs to the grocery store. Please feel complimentary to use anything you find. If you have food you don't want to bring home and won't spoil in the next few weeks, feel complimentary to leave it.
Next Door: Keep in mind that we cannot control the behavior of visitors who rent the other half of the duplex - and they may smoke on their decks. Please tell us if their behavior (smoking or otherwise) interferes with your savoring your stay. Please do not park on their side (the West side) of the building
Food Lion in the close by (0.6 miles, an 11-min. walk) Emerald Plantation Shopping Center. The prices are reasonable. Note that they are swamped on Saturday when new people arrive. And all those folks can quickly empty the new veggies and fruit. To get to Emerald Plantation Shopping, drive out to the main road, turn right and it is about half a mile down on the left.
Lowes Foods (3.2 miles, 11 min drive) - A trip across the bridge; usually not necessary. They will shop for you and do delivery, however.
Piggly Wiggly (7 miles and 12 mins. away from the home): A convenient stop on the way in if you are coming in from Jacksonville. If you are coming in on a Saturday or Sunday it'll be much less busy.
There is plenty of convenient Shopping on Emerald Isle including in the close by (0.6 miles, an 11-min. walk) Emerald Plantation Shopping Center.
CVS Pharmacy - Photo too (1.1 miles, 3 min drive)
Finest Walmart on the way if you forgot something is Walmart Supercenter (41 miles, 54 mins.)
Closest Walmart to the home. Walmart Supercenter (18.6 miles, 26 mins.)
Local Activities: Right around the corner you'll find
Isle Have Fun Park (go-carts & amusements) and Lighthouse Golf
Hot Wax Surf and Paddle Sports Units about half a mile away that has units available.
Emerald Plantation Shopping Center Cinemas. It has 4 screens and usually 6 movies [yes, it does occasionally rain on the island]
Eateries in the Emerald Plantation Shopping Center:
Burger place (Hwy 55 Burger, Shakes, and Fries),
Pizza place (Michelangelo’s). Saturday nighttime is completely jammed. Telephone far in advance!
American style restaurant (Rucker Johns).
You can see pretty sunsets over the water at Emerald Isle Woods Park [about 1.5 miles away] - Turn left onto Reed Dr, after 0.4 mi, turn left onto Coast Guard Rd, after 0.5 mi turn right onto Cristina Ct, travel 0.3 miles and walk down the path to the water (about .3 miles)
Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium is located about 15 miles away
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most established tourism bureaus will send you promotional guide books with special packages for rental homes, restaurants and tours. Keep an eye out for these magazines and promotional books, as this allows vacationers to enjoy those terrific attractions with a frequently substantial discounted.
- Want to stay away from the crowds of people and save cash? The off-peak seasons can offer fantastic rates on weekly rental properties.
- Several vacation rental companies and owners offer discounts for active duty and veteran men and women of the US Military, or repeat visitors to the same property. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a special offer.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You'll get the best value from a rental that most closely matches your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed resulting from personal health related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Many people are shocked to learn how many properties are located in Beaufort, NC. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
The majority of vacation homes in Beaufort, NC are privately owned and many are represented by established local property management companies. Rental owners frequently choose management companies to assist with marketing, house cleaning services and maintenance tasks.
We have constructed a short guide to assist you in getting most out of your rental property experience.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental home:
Do you think "Ocean View, EASY beach access, close to shopping!" is the best vacation property for your upcoming family vacation? Read this checklist to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner, The Better
Beaufort, NC rental homes start booking early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for groups to plan their Summer holiday escapes..
Select a Village and Date
Quite often, the toughest part of scheduling your vacation is figuring out where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, everything else will be simplier and easier.
Pick a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Keep in mind that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your group. Most rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Stay on a Budget
Make sure "Ocean View, EASY beach access, close to shopping!" fits your price range *during your desired week*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends prior to reserving a pricey vacation property. In most cases, a single member of the group will be in charge of making the whole reservation and getting each party's contribution.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is the family searching for? Do you only desire a vacation home with a pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Does the property need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or close to wildlife? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Adequate access can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, factor that into your search. Nearly all rental postings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Vacation, Too
Are you or other members of the group visiting with a furry friend? Animal policies are different at each rental property. Read descriptions carefully. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be controlled. Be sure to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when pets are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
Start your Search
A number of websites exist to match vacationers with rental home owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local property management companies proudly offer a top-quality rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure that the rental has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental management company may know of similar properties that fit your style and budget..
While not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. Your easiest chance of a lower rate is changing to an off-season week.
Read through the Entire Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the standard charge, guests will have to pay state taxes when booking "Ocean View, EASY beach access, close to shopping!", in addition to any other fees that may be required depending on their situation, including a dog fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. Many vacation property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers relief should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear as soon as you arrive. We also suggest promptly calling the rental manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any fixes. This can protect against conflicts during check out.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Please be respectful of the community. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives may point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best chicken wings, have a great night out, or the best areas for wildlife?
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Confirm that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinets and wardrobes.
- Once your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to make sure no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for customers to offer feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was excellent, they will likely appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we recommend being pleasant but straightforward with regards to your stay. The best owners and managers will try hard to solve the situation.
Learn and Improve
Does everybody want to re-book next year? Ideally everything ended up being fantastic and you're excited to reserve the property for next season. Otherwise, you have acquired valuable rental search experience to aid with the next search.
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 0.5 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 0.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.0 miles
- The Trading Post - 1.0 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 1.0 miles
- 4 J's Cafe and Bakery - 0.2 miles
- 4Jâ€™s Cafe And Bake Shop - 0.2 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.8 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 1.5 miles
- Water Boggan - 0.2 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 0.2 miles
- Hwy 58 Bicycles - 0.2 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 0.5 miles
- Teezher Charters - 0.5 miles
- Salt Ultra Lounge - 0.7 miles