- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyPrivately-owned 3 BR, 2.5 BA duplex town home ON THE BEACH in family mood beach village. 4 flat-screen TVs with cable. WiFi cable internet. Washer/drier. Thoroughly-supplied kitchen. Ceiling fans. Outdoor stainless steel charcoal grille. Outdoor hot/cold shower on outdoor space. King master suite with Jacuzzi, walk-in shower. 2nd and 3rd bedrooms with queen beds. Close by eateries, grocery store, movie theater, miniature golf, water slide, go-carts, shopping. Saturday to Saturday rental.
Linen/Household Package $200: Includes linen for 3 beds; 12 bath/hand towels, wash cloths; kitchen dish cloths/towels; kitchen condiments (salt, pepper, spices, etc.); 12 rolls toilet tissue; 6 rolls kitchen paper towels; trash bags, laundry & dish detergent, miscellaneous cleaning items, some family-affable DVDs for rainy days, and more. Email us for more detail.
Beach Package $250: Don't pack and bring all that stuff taking up room in your car. Let us give it for you to use during your stay. Includes 6 beach chairs; sizable beach canopy; beach umbrella; cooler, 3 fishing rods/reels (tackle not included - locally available); children's age appropriate beach toys and body boards; 6 beach towels; 6 outdoor shower/dry off towels, sand shovels, buckets, big water gun, adult body board, sea dipping nets for children, hammocks for bedroom decks, safety rescue belt (not a toy), bocce ball set, plus more. Email us for more detail.
Message in a Bottle Package - $75: You give the message and we'll give the bottle & transportation of the bottle via a sea captain out to the Gulf Stream, approx. 50 miles off the Outer Banks of NC. The captain will release your bottle into the Gulf Stream, with currents that travel northeast and end up off the coast of Europe. We have no idea where or when your bottle may turn up. However, there have been reports of bottles found years later in faraway lands. Include your contact info and you may receive a surprise response in the future.
Things You May Hear or See from the Beach House that Could Seem Strange/Interesting or Just a Mystery
Witnessing the Sun and Moon Rise and Set
Our beach home is on one of the southernmost North Carolina Outer Banks islands and faces south out to sea. This means our beach runs east-west. Because of this geographic layout, we have numerous months during the year when the sun and moon rise and set over the sea. The unique view of sunrises and sunsets can be magnificant. Witnessing a full moon rising over the eastern horizon including what appears to be a shimmering golden reflection path of shining diamonds to our beach home shore will just soothe your soul. All the sunrises and sunsets year round, especially when there are a few stratus clouds on the horizon in the direction of these events, can make you believe nature is painting these scenes just for you and your appreciated ones as “y’all” take it all in.
Deer in the Dunes
Keep an eye open for our local (nearly tame) deer. They rather often cross our neighborhood streets and sometimes walk down them like they, too, are visitors. We know, based on their tracks, they sometimes cross the dunes in front of our beach home at nighttime. For reasons I don’t understand, they will occasionally walk down to the edge of the sea before returning to their daytime bed down areas. Usually, they do not walk alone. Generally, there will be does, bucks and fawns in their group. They are really outstanding to see.
Pelicans are very enormous feathered friends that fly most often in groups along the beach that rarely flap their wings. They use thermals to stay aloft, mostly from the hot roofs of beach homes. I bet that Orville and Wilbur Wright studied their abilities to soar along the Outer Banks of North Carolina many years ago. They fly so gracefully, including what is known as ground effect lift in aviation terms/aerodynamics to glide very low over the water. This pretty flight is only interrupted by a speedy climb to ungracefully dive into the sea head first to catch a fish. Oh! By the way, I have only seen adult size pelicans. How can that be? How can they seem to go from an egg to an adult without people ever seeing them in modest and medium sizes? I surely don’t know.
Our beach home is on one of the few flyways for the Monarch butterfly (and other butterflies) as they migrate from Central Mexico to Canada and back to Mexico for the winter each year. When sitting on our decks, I have often had them land on my arms, legs, feet, and even my head as they rest a while along their journey. Have the camera ready.
Like the many species of butterflies, dragonflies pass through our front yard, or maybe it’s our back yard, depending on your perspective, as they migrate each year. From time to time they, like the butterflies, will land on you. Now, that is a real treat.
The adult female turtles come to our beach starting in May each year to lay their eggs in the sand and leave them to hatch out little turtles that crawl on their own to the sea. You, too, may be so lucky to witness the hatching of the infant turtles and witness their trek to the water.
The sight of bottlenose dolphin (not porpoises, that’s a different animal) in front of our beach home is really fascinating. No matter how many years and times I have had the enjoyment of savoring their interaction with the sea and other dolphin, I can’t help from stopping what I am doing and take it all in again. They are really intelligent and handsome animals. If you get lucky, you may even see them jump high in the air and do flips or chase fish while surfing a wave with the help of the sun to enhance your view.
Sound of the Sea
The sound of the waves as they crash on each other and the beach can be calming to the soul, even from your bed inside the beach home. I believe this is nature’s way of helping adults deal with their troubles of the day and help the children get to their dreams of the fun they will be having tomorrow.
Ride the Waves
You can see any type of apparatus you can imagine in front of the beach home to ride the waves and water. They include surfboards, body boards, skim/body boards, paddle boards, kayaks, kite boards, Hobie cat sailboats, jet skis, and windsurfing, not to mention any kind of flotation device you can think of. Most of these items are available to rent and lessons are offered. Check the basket on the counter.
What You Can See at Nighttime
Your view of the universe as seen from our south facing decks over the sea with no lights to interfere with your view can be remarkable. Even if your knowledge of the cosmos is limited, you will be dazzled by looking edge-on at our own galaxy “The Milky Way”, the Moon as it goes through its fazes, planets as they appear to move faster than the stars and sometimes go backwards, constellations (Orion during the winter months is my favorite), and satellites as their steady star-like light appears to move rapidly through the stars. All of this plus an occasional meteor as you are laying on your back in our hammock can very open your eyes.
Lightning Fireworks Show
Occasionally at nighttime, you can be a witness to nature’s lovely lightning show display out over the sea. These shows can usually be seen from March through October.
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Many official tourism bureaus offer promotional tourism guide books with savings for rental homes, restaurants and activities. These guides may provide a great start to your rental search.
- In a position to modify your travel week? Off-peak times offer up tremendous savings.
- A number of management companies and owners offer special discounts for active duty and veteran members of the Armed forces, or repeat visitors of the same rental. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a discount.
- Some homes are particularly designed for particular groups of travellers. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are situated close to music venues. If there's a certain Beaufort, NC activity which you just love, look for rental properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Rental companies and individual rental home owners frequently offer their customers an option to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides guests reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated motel stay or extra gas.
General Rental property Advice
First-timers are often shocked at the range and wide range of daily, weekly and monthly vacation rentals available in the Beaufort, NC area. With such a big selection, guests are sure to come across a property which matches their expectations and price range.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners mainly because they coordinate the advertising and operations..
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rental properties, however many novices will be delighted to learn that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know how to search.
How to find and reserve a great rental home:
Do you believe "Oceanfront, Family Atmosphere" is the best rental home for your next visit? Read this check list to ensure it fits your needs.
The Earlier, The Better
Beaufort, NC vacation rentals start booking early. To assure the very best choice of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and booking your Beaufort, NC rental 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Holiday reunions are a popular time for groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Find your Spot and Confirm Dates
Agreement can often be tricky between close relatives, but as soon as this complicated part is finished everything will quickly slide in place.
Just How Many Beds?
How many family members are planning to share your trip? Be mindful that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to determine what is suitable for your family. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Are You Willing to Pay?
Most vacation rentals are marketed with a price range. Confirm the cost for your preferred trip. It might be at the high end of the range. If many individuals or family members are sharing the cost, check to make sure each group knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental contracts call for a single person to be responsible for the entire reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family looking for? Do you want a rental with outside lounge? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Does the property have bikes and body boards available throughout your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Do some people in your party have special needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, include that into your search. The majority of rental listings will include a list of amenities.
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Make sure you include your companion! Although a number of vacation homes allow cats and dogs, guidelines and fees vary per property. Examine your contract carefully! Extra fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you reserve!
Start the Search
When the area, time and guests are decided, search multiple sources to get the best vacation rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local property management companies proudly offer a superior rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the property management company might know of very similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Agreement
Read the entire contract and make sure you fully understand who is liable for:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you reassurance should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
As soon as you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. You will likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental home right away. Contact the rental manager right away to report your findings.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or spa. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Be considerate of the community. Natives are likely to be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a trip a good deal more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check every space of the vacation property to make certain that you've collected all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental home one last time and check for damages. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you rate your experience? Most rental web sites request comments after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but honest with regards to rental experience. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to solve the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they feel about the property? We hope this guide steered you to a great home away from home. If the rental wasn't quite right, and you will better recognize how to filter your search for the next time.
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 2.1 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.9 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 0.7 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 1.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.0 miles
- The Trading Post - 2.0 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 2.1 miles
- Lazzaraâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 0.7 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.9 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 2.5 miles
- Emerald Isle Woods Park - 0.6 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 0.7 miles
- Water Boggan - 1.0 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 1.1 miles
- Hwy 58 Bicycles - 1.2 miles
- Teezher Charters - 1.2 miles