- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyPrivately-owned 3 BR, 2.5 BA duplex town home ON THE BEACH in family mood beach village. 4 flat-screen TVs with cable. WiFi cable internet. Washer/drier. Totally-supplied kitchen. Ceiling fans. Outdoor stainless steel charcoal grille. Outdoor hot/cold shower on outdoor space. King master suite with Jacuzzi, walk-in shower. 2nd and 3rd bedrooms with queen beds. Close by eateries, grocery store, movie theater, miniature golf, water slide, go-carts, shopping. Saturday to Saturday rental.
Linen/Household Package $200: Includes linen for 3 beds; 12 bath/hand towels, wash cloths; kitchen dish cloths/towels; kitchen condiments (salt, pepper, spices, etc.); 12 rolls toilet tissue; 6 rolls kitchen paper towels; trash bags, laundry & dish detergent, miscellaneous cleaning items, some family-helpful DVDs for rainy days, and more. Email us for more detail.
Beach Package $250: Don't pack and bring all that stuff taking up room in your car. Let us give it for you to use during your stay. Includes 6 beach chairs; huge beach canopy; beach umbrella; cooler, 3 fishing rods/reels (tackle not supplied - locally available); children's age appropriate beach toys and body boards; 6 beach towels; 6 outdoor shower/dry off towels, sand shovels, buckets, big water gun, adult body board, sea dipping nets for children, hammocks for bedroom decks, safety rescue belt (not a toy), bocce ball set, plus more. Email us for more detail.
Message in a Bottle Package - $75: You give the message and we'll give the bottle & transportation of the bottle via a sea captain out to the Gulf Stream, approx. 50 miles off the Outer Banks of NC. The captain will release your bottle into the Gulf Stream, with currents that travel northeast and end up off the coast of Europe. We have no idea where or when your bottle may turn up. However, there have been reports of bottles found years later in faraway lands. Include your contact info and you may receive a surprise response in the future.
Things You May Hear or See from the Beach House that Could Seem Strange/Interesting or Just a Mystery
Witnessing the Sun and Moon Rise and Set
Our beach home is on one of the southernmost North Carolina Outer Banks islands and faces south out to sea. This means our beach runs east-west. Because of this geographic layout, we have multiple months during the year when the sun and moon rise and set over the sea. The unique view of sunrises and sunsets can be pretty. Witnessing a full moon rising over the eastern horizon including what appears to be a shimmering golden reflection path of shining diamonds to our beach home shore will just soothe your soul. All the sunrises and sunsets year round, especially when there are a few stratus clouds on the horizon in the direction of these events, can make you believe nature is painting these scenes just for you and your appreciated ones as “y’all” take it all in.
Deer in the Dunes
Keep an eye open for our local (nearly tame) deer. They rather often cross our neighborhood streets and sometimes walk down them like they, too, are visitors. We know, based on their tracks, they sometimes cross the dunes in front of our beach home at nighttime. For reasons I don’t understand, they will occasionally walk down to the edge of the sea before returning to their daytime bed down areas. Usually, they do not walk alone. Generally, there will be does, bucks and fawns in their group. They are really marvelous to see.
Pelicans are very sizable feathered friends that fly most often in groups along the beach that rarely flap their wings. They use thermals to stay aloft, mostly from the hot roofs of beach homes. I bet that Orville and Wilbur Wright studied their abilities to soar along the Outer Banks of North Carolina many years ago. They fly so gracefully, including what is known as ground effect lift in aviation terms/aerodynamics to glide very low over the water. This dazzling flight is only interrupted by a speedy climb to ungracefully dive into the sea head first to catch a fish. Oh! By the way, I have only seen adult size pelicans. How can that be? How can they seem to go from an egg to an adult without people ever seeing them in modest and medium sizes? I surely don’t know.
Our beach home is on one of the few flyways for the Monarch butterfly (and other butterflies) as they migrate from Central Mexico to Canada and back to Mexico for the winter each year. When sitting on our decks, I have often had them land on my arms, legs, feet, and even my head as they rest a while along their journey. Have the camera ready.
Like the many species of butterflies, dragonflies pass through our front yard, or maybe it’s our back yard, depending on your perspective, as they migrate each year. From time to time they, like the butterflies, will land on you. Now, that is a real treat.
The adult female turtles come to our beach starting in May each year to lay their eggs in the sand and leave them to hatch out little turtles that crawl on their own to the sea. You, too, may be so lucky to witness the hatching of the infant turtles and witness their trek to the water.
The sight of bottlenose dolphin (not porpoises, that’s a different animal) in front of our beach home is really fascinating. No matter how many years and times I have had the comfort of relishing their interaction with the sea and other dolphin, I can’t help from stopping what I am doing and take it all in again. They are really intelligent and superb animals. If you get lucky, you may even see them jump high in the air and do flips or chase fish while surfing a wave with the help of the sun to enhance your view.
Sound of the Sea
The sound of the waves as they crash on each other and the beach can be relaxing to the soul, even from your bed inside the beach home. I believe this is nature’s way of helping adults deal with their troubles of the day and help the children get to their dreams of the fun they will be having tomorrow.
Ride the Waves
You can see any type of apparatus you can imagine in front of the beach home to ride the waves and water. They include surfboards, body boards, skim/body boards, paddle boards, kayaks, kite boards, Hobie cat sailboats, jet skis, and windsurfing, not to mention any kind of flotation device you can think of. Most of these items are available to rent and lessons are offered. Check the basket on the counter.
What You Can See at Nighttime
Your view of the universe as seen from our south facing decks over the sea with no lights to interfere with your view can be radiant. Even if your knowledge of the cosmos is limited, you will be dazzled by looking edge-on at our own galaxy “The Milky Way”, the Moon as it goes through its fazes, planets as they appear to move faster than the stars and sometimes go backwards, constellations (Orion during the winter months is my favorite), and satellites as their steady star-like light appears to move rapidly through the stars. All of this plus an occasional meteor as you are laying on your back in our hammock can very open your eyes.
Lightning Fireworks Show
Occasionally at nighttime, you can be a witness to nature’s striking lightning show display out over the sea. These shows can usually be seen from March through October.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most official tourism bureaus will send promotional travel guides with savings for rental properties, dining and activities. These guides may provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you able to adjust your dates? Off-peak times offer considerable deals.
- Many management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the Armed forces, or returning guests to the same rental home. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a discounted price.
- Is there a specific activity you are most anticipating ? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and tours you are most interested in.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance with your leasing agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Advice
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the number and variety of short term rental properties available in the Beaufort, NC area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental properties available makes it possible to find an perfect retreat to accommodate their Beaufort, NC group, from low-noise condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by owners because they manage the marketing and operations..
We have assembled a short guide to help you get the most out of your vacation property experience.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation rental:
Do you think "Oceanfront, Family Atmosphere" is the best rental for your upcoming family vacation? Look over this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Beaufort, NC vacation rentals start booking early. Booking your rental 6-12 months in advance is highly recommended, whenever possible. A lot of households decide to start their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Sometimes, the toughest portion of preparing for your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, everything else will be simplier and easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Remember that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the family. Generally rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Exactly What Are You Willing to Spend?
Many vacation homes are presented with a price range. Determine the cost for your selected stay. It could be at the top end of the range. If multiple groups or family members are sharing the cost, make certain each person understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to chip in. Most rental documents call for a single individual to be in charge of the full reservation.
Let's Talk Amenities
What home features is your group searching for? Is a pool reallynecessary?Do you want a rental home with outside kitchen? Does the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to restaurants? Are mattress sheets included with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Create a list of priority amenities to guide filter your search.
Elderly guests will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. Ensure that you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Don't forget to include your companion! Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental properties, but guidelines can vary. A number of constraints might eliminate a prospective vacation property. Don't forget to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement.
It Is Time to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies often have an exclusive assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be sure the property has everything required. If something is missing, the rental management company may know of very similar homes that better suit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. This is more effective throughout the off-season when many rentals sit empty.
Read the Agreement
Learn which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Cancellation policies vary with each vacation rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It provides peace of mind should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Reservation
When everything looks correct, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Put the property manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems right after you arrive. If you find problems, or if fixes are required get in touch with the rental manager immediately.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to assist. A brief phone call eliminates many headaches.
- Please be considerate of the community. Residents often live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Double-check each space of the vacation property to ensure that you've packed all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damages. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Many rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for customers to give feedback. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we recommend being understanding but completely honest with regards to rental experience. The best owners and managers will work hard to fix the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. Does everybody want to re-book next year? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific rental home. Maybe the rental property wasn't quite right, and you will better know how to filter your search for the next trip.
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.9 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 0.7 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 1.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.0 miles
- The Trading Post - 2.0 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 2.1 miles
- Lazzaraâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 0.7 miles
- 4Jâ€™s Cafe And Bake Shop - 1.2 miles
- Mac Daddyâ€™s - 2.9 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 2.5 miles
- Emerald Isle Woods Park - 0.6 miles
- Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort - 0.7 miles
- Water Boggan - 1.0 miles
- Hot Wax Surf Shop - 1.1 miles
- Hwy 58 Bicycles - 1.2 miles
- Teezher Charters - 1.2 miles