View this property at:
About this Property
Privately-owned 3 BR, 2.5 BA duplex town home ON THE BEACH in family vibe beach village. 4 flat-screen TVs with cable. WiFi cable internet. Washer/drier. Totally-supplied kitchen. Ceiling fans. Outdoor stainless steel charcoal grille. Outdoor hot/cold shower on outdoor space. King master suite with Jacuzzi, walk-in shower. 2nd and 3rd bedrooms with queen beds. Close by eateries, grocery store, movie theater, miniature golf, water slide, go-carts, shopping. Saturday to Saturday rental.
Linen/Household Package $295: Includes linen for 3 beds; 12 bath/hand towels, wash cloths; kitchen dish cloths/towels; kitchen condiments (salt, pepper, spices, etc.); 12 rolls toilet tissue; 6 rolls kitchen paper towels; trash bags, laundry & dish detergent, miscellaneous cleaning items, some family-affable DVDs for rainy days, and more. Email us for more detail.
Beach Package $295: Don't pack and bring all that stuff taking up room in your car. Let us give it for you to use during your stay. Includes 6 beach chairs; huge beach canopy; beach umbrella; cooler, 3 fishing rods/reels (tackle not supplied - locally available); children's age appropriate beach toys and body boards; 6 beach towels; 6 outdoor shower/dry off towels, sand shovels, buckets, big water gun, adult body board, sea dipping nets for children, hammocks for bedroom decks, safety rescue belt (not a toy), bocce ball set, plus more. Email us for more detail.
Things You May Hear or See from the Beach House that Could Seem Strange/Interesting or Just a Mystery
Witnessing the Sun and Moon Rise and Set
Our beach home is on one of the southernmost North Carolina Outer Banks islands and faces south out to sea. This means our beach runs east-west. Because of this geographic layout, we have numerous months during the year when the sun and moon rise and set over the sea. The unique view of sunrises and sunsets can be beautiful. Witnessing a full moon rising over the eastern horizon including what appears to be a shimmering golden reflection path of shining diamonds to our beach home shore will just soothe your soul. All the sunrises and sunsets year round, especially when there are a few stratus clouds on the horizon in the direction of these events, can make you believe nature is painting these scenes just for you and your appreciated ones as “y’all” take it all in.
Deer in the Dunes
Keep an eye open for our local (nearly tame) deer. They rather often cross our neighborhood streets and sometimes walk down them like they, too, are visitors. We know, based on their tracks, they sometimes cross the dunes in front of our beach home at nighttime. For reasons I don’t understand, they will occasionally walk down to the edge of the sea before returning to their daytime bed down areas. Usually, they do not walk alone. Generally, there will be does, bucks and fawns in their group. They are really phenomenal to see.
Pelicans are very enormous feathered friends that fly most often in groups along the beach that rarely flap their wings. They use thermals to stay aloft, mostly from the hot roofs of beach homes. I bet that Orville and Wilbur Wright studied their abilities to soar along the Outer Banks of North Carolina many years ago. They fly so gracefully, including what is known as ground effect lift in aviation terms/aerodynamics to glide very low over the water. This impressive flight is only interrupted by a fast climb to ungracefully dive into the sea head first to catch a fish. Oh! By the way, I have only seen adult size pelicans. How can that be? How can they seem to go from an egg to an adult without people ever seeing them in modest and medium sizes? I surely don’t know.
Our beach home is on one of the few flyways for the Monarch butterfly (and other butterflies) as they migrate from Central Mexico to Canada and back to Mexico for the winter each year. When sitting on our decks, I have often had them land on my arms, legs, feet, and even my head as they rest a while along their journey. Have the camera ready.
Like the many species of butterflies, dragonflies pass through our front yard, or maybe it’s our back yard, depending on your perspective, as they migrate each year. From time to time they, like the butterflies, will land on you. Now, that is a real treat.
The adult female turtles come to our beach starting in May each year to lay their eggs in the sand and leave them to hatch out little turtles that crawl on their own to the sea. You, too, may be so lucky to witness the hatching of the infant turtles and witness their trek to the water.
The sight of bottlenose dolphin (not porpoises, that’s a different animal) in front of our beach home is really fascinating. No matter how many years and times I have had the comfort of savoring their interaction with the sea and other dolphin, I can’t help from stopping what I am doing and take it all in again. They are really intelligent and pretty animals. If you get lucky, you may even see them jump high in the air and do flips or chase fish while surfing a wave with the help of the sun to enhance your view.
Sound of the Sea
The sound of the waves as they crash on each other and the beach can be relaxing to the soul, even from your bed inside the beach home. I believe this is nature’s way of helping adults deal with their troubles of the day and help the children get to their dreams of the fun they will be having tomorrow.
Ride the Waves
You can see any type of apparatus you can imagine in front of the beach home to ride the waves and water. They include surfboards, body boards, skim/body boards, paddle boards, kayaks, kite boards, Hobie cat sailboats, jet skis, and windsurfing, not to mention any kind of flotation device you can think of. Most of these items are available to rent and lessons are offered. Check the basket on the counter.
What You Can See at Nighttime
Your view of the universe as seen from our south facing decks over the sea with no lights to interfere with your view can be striking. Even if your knowledge of the cosmos is limited, you will be dazzled by looking edge-on at our own galaxy “The Milky Way”, the Moon as it goes through its fazes, planets as they appear to move faster than the stars and sometimes go backwards, constellations (Orion during the winter months is my favorite), and satellites as their steady star-like light appears to move rapidly through the stars. All of this plus an occasional meteor as you are laying on your back in our hammock can very open your eyes.
Lightning Fireworks Show
Occasionally at nighttime, you can be a witness to nature’s magnificant lightning show display out over the sea. These shows can usually be seen from March through October.
Money Saving Strategies
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will offer you travel guides with special packages for accommodations, dining and attractions. Be on the lookout for these guides and coupon books, as this allows vacationers to take advantage of the same terrific attractions with a possibly substantial discounted.
- Flexible about when you can take a trip? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer terrific rates on daily rentals.
- Are you a military veteran? Many rental companies provide financial savings to vets and active-duty forces. Make sure to confirm with property owner to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a reduction.
- Some properties are basically catered to specific visitors, whether it is soundside homes with weekly pier passes, city-center homes with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that feature private windsurfing launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the adventures and tours you are most excited about.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners commonly offer their customers the opportunity to buy trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, provides vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen motel stay or extra gas.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are oftentimes surprised at the number and variety of short term rental homes available in the Beaufort, NC area. With such a wide selection, renters are sure to discover a vacation home which matches their wishes and spending budget.
Vacation homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are liked by property owners because they manage the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most beginners will be delighted to realize that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
How to find and book the perfect vacation rental:
Before you start to book "Oceanfront, Family Atmosphere", go through our brief collection of considerations.
The Earlier, The Better
Beaufort, NC rental homes are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for groups to plot their Summer holiday escapes..
Select a Community and Time
Begin by choosing which particular area of Beaufort, NC you prefer to browse, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Decide on a Size
Establish who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you'll need. Be mindful that many rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your family. Generally rental listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Stick to a Budget
Make certain "Oceanfront, Family Atmosphere" works with your price range *during your desired week*. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family well before reserving a pricey rental. One individual in your group will have to be given the task of gathering repayments and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of booking.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is the family trying to find? Do you want a rental property with patio dining area? Does the unit need to be beach front, in town, or in close proximity to wildlife? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys for use as part of your stay? Create a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Elderly family members will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make certain to remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Your Dog Needs a Holiday, Too
Remember to include your furrry friends. Animal guidelines are different at each property. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be controlled. Make certain to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Service fees may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
After the area, travel dates and guests are decided, search multiple resources for the very best vacation home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local property management companies pride themselves on a superior vacation experience.
When you've spotted the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is more effective through the off-peak season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read the Agreement
You really need to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Ensure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation rental management companies and property owners often offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides relief should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
When you believe you've found "the one", start the booking process. You'll probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Put the property manager's contact info into your phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your trip.
Congratulations on reserving your vacation home! You're on the way to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your findings. This can protect against disputes during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Call your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Please be respectful of the local community. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a trip a lot more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, just like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every space of the rental to make sure that you've gathered all belongings.
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to make sure that no damage occurred in the course of your remain. When possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Just about all rental home management companies and rental search sites make it easy for customers to give comments. If your property and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something was unacceptable and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you should note that as part of your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Did they enjoy their vacation? With some luck everything ended up being exceptional and you're excited to reserve the same rental home for next season. Maybe the property was not ideal, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next time.