- Emerald Isle
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Away From It All
- Beach Chairs
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWith steps leading directly to the beach - what more could you ask for? The vistas from this home are exceptional no matter which direction you look. Sitting on the highest point of land in Emerald Isle, Cloud Nine is appropriately named, sitting high atop the dunes. The sun rises to the east and sun sets in the west, over the sea, makes this location one of the only places on the entire east coast that faces due south.
The home layout offers a colossal outdoor space with a covered awning for shade and less than a min. walk to get your feet in the sand. On the main living floor an open floor plan offers a comfortable living room to relax and rejuvenate for another breathtaking beach day. A enormous kitchen off of the living room on the main floor is loaded with all of your preparing necessities. On the Bogue Sound side of the main floor, a separate room is tucked away for additional sleeping space and is supplied with cable TV. A full bath and washer/dryer is on the sound side, off of the kitchen.
The upstairs is all about sleeping space! After a day on the beach or out visiting the plethora of local attractions, there is nothing like a good nighttime's rest. Cloud Nine offers delight sleeping for our visitors as we have decorated the home for as we will one day live there ourselves. The master bedroom sits off the sea side and offers a king bed and a modest outdoor space with a view that makes you speechless. Cloud Nine sits up so above the dune that our visitors look down at the homes on either side. The master bedroom offers the biggest bathroom with windows that show the sea with every turn.
The biggest room on the sound side offer a private outdoor space with a view of the sea and the sound, a queen room, sizable walk-in closet and wall mounted TV. The sound side back bedroom has two twins with plenty of closet space and a great view of Bogue Sound. The middle room at the top of the stairs has a full size bed and a sizable closet.
Constructed in 1995 and very well constructed and maintained, Cloud Nine sits near mile marker 15, mid-way mark on the 29 mile island. This proximity accepts visitors to travel east to discover the local flavor of close by Atlantic Beach, including a side trip to the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores, only 8 miles away. Continue on east and follow Route 58 to the end of the road which is home to historic Fort Macon State Park. From Atlantic Beach, a trip across the causeway to Morehead City offers nightlife, sound side dining and local shopping and experience Beaufort. Traveling west from the home brings you into the town of Emerald Isle in just 4 miles. Adventurous visitors can walk to the Bogue Sound pier by beach in about two hours. I recommend walking one way and phoning back for a ride and insisting on being taken out to a amazing local restaurant for lunch since you earned that!! Crossing the bridge as you exit Emerald Isle is one of the most magnificant scenes on the island. But this brief drive takes you to Cedar Point, home of Dudley Marina and the most striking place for FRESH OFF THE BOAT seafood at Phillips Seafood Market - where the locals go for new fish. Drive across another brief bridge and welcome to Swansboro, one of our favorite places to go. Wonderful people and marvelous eateries. The closest mall in Jacksonville is only 30 mins. from Cloud Nine, after through Swansboro.
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many official tourism bureaus offer printed tourism guides with savings for vacation rental management companies, restaurants and activities. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Flexible about when you might visit? Shoulder seasons provide incredible prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be qualified for cost savings. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a reduced price.
- Some vacation rentals are practically designed to serve particular customers, whether it is soundside units with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to shopping or waterfront homes that have private boat launching areas. You should prioritize your proximity to the activities and sights you are most looking forward to.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners frequently offer clients an opportunity to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic rental rate, offers visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or storms, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are sometimes surprised at the number and selection of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Beaufort, NC area. With such a wide selection, guests are sure to come across a rental that fits their desires and price range.
The majority of vacation rentals in Beaufort, NC are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Vacation rental management companies leverage scale, systems and expertise to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however many beginners will be delighted to find that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should search.
Finding and reserving the right rental:
Before you start to book " OCEANFRONT ** UNBELIEVABLE VIEWS ", read through our short checklist of things to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Beaufort, NC vacation homes book many months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is usually recommended, when possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for groups to plan their Summer family trips..
Choose a Village and Time
Agreement can be difficult between members of the family, but once this complicated part is complete everything will begin to slide in place.
Just How Many Beds?
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you be needing? Be aware that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for the company. Most rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Make a Budget
Most rental homes are advertised with a price range. Determine the cost for your selected week. It might be at the high end of the range. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a pricey rental property. Generally, just one member of the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is the family interested in? Is a screened-in deck a requirement? Does the property need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or near night life? Are linens offered with the rental, or will you need to provide your own? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Proper accessibility could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are needed, factor that into your search. Most rental listings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Needs a Vacation, Too
Are you or other individuals in the gang traveling with a dog or cat? Although many vacation rentals allow cats and dogs, guidelines and charges vary per property. A number of constraints might dismiss a prospective vacation property. Study your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. Ask questions *well before* you book!
Searching the Internet
Once the location, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to get the best vacation rental selection. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Aside from having exceptional rental properties, local companies provide outstanding service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the property has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental home management company might know of comparable homes that fit your wishes and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to negotiate a reduced rate.
Read the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, animal and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental
Make sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation rental management companies and rental owners typically offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives comfort should catastrophe strike.
Book your Rental Property
When everything looks correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Get Contact Info
Put the property manager's contact info into your smartphone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations on booking your vacation home! You're on your way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To assure no damages are attributed to your stay, create a record of any problem areas of the rental. Call the property manager right away to report your findings.
- You might need instructions for a fireplace, TV or hot tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. Often times, surrounding properties are occupied by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a stay considerably more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Locals can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Clean up a bit. Despite the fact that you're paying a house cleaning fee, The property should be in good shape. Kitchen sinks stuffed with dirty dishes, substantial beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should be dealt with prior to leaving.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental home to make sure that no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We recommend walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a good time? Many property management companies and rental search sites allow renters to give reviews. If your property and/or property manager was first-rate, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something was disagreeable and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the rental home was not as described, you may want to note that in your comments.
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. How did they like the property? If everything was amazing, next year's vacation planning will be painless. Maybe the rental home was not ideal, and you will better know how to refine your search for the next vacation.
- Pizza Inn Emerald Isle - 4.0 miles
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 4.2 miles
- The Trading Post - 4.2 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.3 miles
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 4.5 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 4.6 miles
- Frankâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 3.9 miles
- Circle Pizza - 3.9 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 4.8 miles
- Island Water Sports - 3.1 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 3.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 4.0 miles
- Flatwaters Paddling - 3.0 miles
- Patsy Pond Nature Trail - 3.0 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 3.1 miles
- Blown Kiteboarding - 3.4 miles