- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Game Room
- Ice Maker
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyThe Sailfish - Wonderful Emerald Isle, NC;
The Sailfish is a private beach home for rent in Emerald Isle, NC, at the beginning of the Crystal Shores of the NC Outer Banks. The beaches on Emerald Isle are charming white sand, great for swimming and fishing. No hotels or commercial activity on the beach makes this an unspoiled, family-aligned place to appreciate the beach. We rent the Sailfish only to family groups of up to 14 persons. Our home sits on the 2nd row, right across the street from shorefront. Walk down our walkway and cross the modest street to the public beach access right in front of the home. If you want to go clamming in the sound, just walk down our driveway and cross the street in the other direction, to reach the sound.
The Sailfish is entirely air conditioned, has two floors, sea vistas from each floor, and 7 comfortable bedrooms. Two rooms dedicated to play: the upstairs sunroom with game tables, and the downstairs rec room with ping pong table. Our parents constructed this splendid sizable space so that our family could holiday together. We hope you will relish it as much as we still do!
Upstairs, there are 4 bedrooms and two full baths that interconnect between bedrooms. Two sea-view bedrooms have 1 queen bed each. Two other bedrooms each have 2 double beds. The huge, airy living room has a vaulted ceiling and ceiling fans. Extensive dining table with seating up to 12 persons. Thoroughly supplied kitchen. Voluminous sunroom with two tables, ideal for games, working remotely, or additional seating for dining. We keep an assortment of games, puzzles and books in the sunroom, available for visitors to savor. Or you can sit on the outdoor space/balcony on the upper floor with a cool drink after a day at the beach.
Downstairs, there are 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. One queen bedroom has sea view, one bedroom with double bed and desk set-up that is great for working remotely, and one bedroom with 2 twin beds. Also downstairs is our rec room, with full size ping pong table, and sitting area with cable tv. Kitchenette downstairs as well, with full size refrigerator/ freezer (great to have with a generous family!), microwave and modest dishwasher.
There is plenty of parking for your family in our enormous gravel parking area behind the home! For more photos and the contract link, see our website:
Keywords: huge, airy, open, inviting, warm, fun
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many management companies and vacation homes supply Beaufort, NC area discount books which feature coupons, either offered individually by merchants, or through a relationship between the property management company and the store itself. These guides provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Willing to modify your dates? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum prices.
- Are you a military veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies provide special discounts to veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a markdown.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific groups of guests. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are positioned close to night life. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and locations you are most looking forward to.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners often offer clients the chance to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental cost, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a result of personal medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gas.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
You might be pleasantly surprised to uncover just how many properties are available at your destination. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an optimum retreat to suit their Beaufort, NC crew, from low-noise condominiums to larger event homes with several bedrooms.
Virtually all rental properties in Beaufort, NC are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local rental management agencies. Owners frequently select management companies to facilitate promoting and advertising, house cleaning and maintenance tasks.
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have identified several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however many newcomers will be happy to know that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you know how to look.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental home:
Do you believe "Airy, Open, Comfortable Space for Large Family Vacations!" is the best rental property for your next visit? Read through this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Beaufort, NC rentals book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a popular time for groups to plot their Summer trips..
Decide on a Village and Time
Sometimes, the most challenging portion of scheduling your trip is deciding where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are hammered out, the rest will be simpler.
Choosing an Correctly-Sized Rental property
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you will need. Consider that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you book.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Most vacation rentals are advertised with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your selected stay. It could be at the top end of the range. If a few groups or relatives are sharing the cost, make sure that everyone understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental contracts require a single individual to be in charge of the entire reservation.
What amenities is the group trying to find? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental home with patio dining area? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or near a city setting? Does the property have bikes and body boards available throughout your stay? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate property.
Elderly guests will thank you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condo on the 3rd floor. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the family travelling with a four-legged friend? Animals are welcome at many vacation homes, but policies can vary. Make sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local companies typically have an exclusive collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation rental has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company may know of similar properties that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. Your best possibility of a lower rate will be shifting to a less desirable week.
Study the Entire Contract
Read the entire contract and make sure you are aware who is liable for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Be sure to understand the cancellation policy before booking. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It provides relief should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
After you feel you've identified "the one", begin the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the property manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your visit.
Good job on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. We also advise immediately getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any needed fixes. This may protect against disagreements during checkout.
- When there is any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, house access, pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Be considerate of the local community. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of recommendations.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cupboards and closets.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. We advise walking through with the rental manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Many vacation rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to provide comments. If your rental home and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was unacceptable and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point in your comments.
Use Your Experience
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did they feel about the rental choice? If everything was wonderful, next year's vacation planning is going to be quick. Maybe the rental wasn't quite right, and you'll better recognize how to perfect your search next time.
- Ben & Jerryâ€™s - 3.0 miles
- The Trading Post - 3.1 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.1 miles
- Flipperz Family Bar and Grill - 3.4 miles
- Island Water Sports - 4.3 miles
- Jackieâ€™s American Grill - 4.4 miles
- Circle Pizza - 2.8 miles
- Chowdaheads - 2.8 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 1.9 miles
- Sandbar Safari - 2.7 miles
- Island Water Sports - 4.3 miles
- Cedar Street Park - 2.8 miles
- Emerald Club Tropical Beach Bar - 3.0 miles
- Country Carriage Stables & Tours - 3.0 miles
- Bogue Inlet Fishing Pier - 3.0 miles
- Emerald Isle Adventures - 3.0 miles