- 3 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Game Room
- Games For Kids
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWant a restful holiday, with just enough to keep the family entertained, but not be overwhelmed with hordes and traffic? Located on a peaceful island, just off the North Carolina Coast, this comfortable, 3 bedroom, 4 bath home is over 2300 square feet.
A major plus for this home is that it has 2 living areas! one on the first floor - with a queen sleeper futon, as well as a living area with couch, adore seat and entertainment center, a full bath and outdoor access onto a modest patio.
The top floor is the main living area with open space kitchen, dining, full bath, and 2 separate seating areas! A queen sleeper futon is off to the side in a reading nook. It has a cute outdoor space with tall adirondack chairs for sound and island vistas.
The middle floor has 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths. All bedrooms come with flatscreen TV's with DISH access. The master has a queen sized bed and a 4 piece, ensuite, with jetted tub and 4 foot shower! The 2nd bedroom also has a queen sized bed. Both open onto the sound side outdoor space. The 3rd bedroom has a bunk with a "full" sized bottom and a single upper. The washer and dryer are also on this floor for handy access.
TV's with DISH access are in every room, all linens -sheets and towels, kitchen basics- are supplied at no additional charge. The wireless internet functions all over the home.
The top floor is open design with tons of vistas. It includes the kitchen, dining area, reading area, TV area. The dining room table seats 8 with 4 additional barstools at the kitchen counter. The kitchen is supplied with all the modest appliances and standard amenities. A standard gas grille is supplied. There is also a gas fireplace for cool weather visiting.
The pace on this 20 mile island is laid back, but the area provides many family-aligned niceties. There is a NC Aquarium 2 miles away with programs and scheduled activities. Day trips are effortlessly available to light homes and outer banks picnicking. There are even a couple golf courses less than 30 mins. away. Local eateries specialize in new caught seafood, but give choices for all landlubbers. Any last min. needs are close by in major chain stores, top line grocery stores, a regional hospital or walk-in and emergency medical care without the big city, tourist center craziness.
The home's private pier leads to the sound for fishing, clamming, sailing. It is a little shallow for bigger speedboats, except at high tide, but it is great for modest children, sailing, kayaking, jet skis, and sunset viewing.
The sea access is just 3 tenths of a mile away in Salter Path. It is a well-kept secret, because even on holiday weekends, it is straighforward to find a 'spot' with some space to spread out your towels, and family - no 'elbow to elbow, listening to someone else's music'. It has outdoor showers, bathrooms, and grilles, and a good number of parking spaces, many of which are shaded. The beach is wide and sandy, and the water has a gradual slope out, including tons of safe places to swim and skim board. (The home has an enclosed outdoor shower with hot and cold water to rinse off sandy feet.)
A modest amusement park and 2 theaters within a few mins. drive give change of pace activities when you a need a break from the sun, sea and salt.
Everything you would need for a peaceful holiday is less than 15 mins. away
Morehead City and Beaufort are modest close by (less than 20 miles!) towns with tons of glamour, as well as art galleries, local museums, antique stores and modren shopping. New Bern, NC is 45 mins. away and has a real castle, and many historic luxuries.
Keywords: single family, 3 bedroom, sleeps 10, soundfront, sea view
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many property management companies and vacation homes supply Beaufort, NC area traveller discount books which feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by merchants, or utilizing a relationship between the property manager and the local store itself. Keep an eye out for these publications and promotional books, since this allows vacation goers to discover those terrific activities with a possibly substantial discounted.
- Are the travel dates changeable? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high costs.
- Several vacation rental companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran members of the US Military, or returning visitors of the same property. Be sure to check with property manager to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a price reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are most longing for ? If there's a particular Beaufort, NC atteaction that you love, look for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Think about getting trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel costs for any days missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are likely to be shocked at the number and selection of daily, weekly and monthly rentals available in the Beaufort, NC area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property owners frequently select management companies to facilitate advertising campaigns, housekeeping and maintenance.
We've developed a brief guide to assist you in getting most from your vacation property experience.
Searching for and booking the perfect rental property:
Before you book "Single family home, but great for sharing with friends or 2 families!", examine our short list of things to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many renowned hot spots, In Beaufort, NC the best rental homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Many groups plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Select your Place and Vacation Week
Agreement can often be difficult between family, but the moment this difficult part is complete everything will start to drop in place.
Just How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be aware that a lot of rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your party. Most rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
Many vacation rentals are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your selected stay. It might be at the high end of the range. Make sure to get cost-sharing commitments from loved ones prior to booking an expensive rental. Generally speaking, one person in the group will be liable for making the full reservation and collecting each person's contribution.
Vacation home Amenities
What amenities is the family searching for? Is a pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental property with patio lounge? Do you wish to be away from it all, or near a city setting? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys available for use throughout your stay? Make a list of "necessities and preferences" from your party to help narrow your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Do a few people in your group have specific needs? If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, factor that into your search. Almost all property listings will include a list of amenities.
Your Dog Needs a Holiday, Too
Make sure you include your furrry friends. Even though a number of rentals permit animal friends, guidelines and charges fluctuate per rental. Type of animal, size and dog breeds may be limited. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Its Time to Search
As soon as the area, dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation home selection. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local companies will often have an exclusive collection of vacation homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located your dream rental, check to confirm your travel dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an extra night. This is more effective during the off-peak season when many homes sit vacant.
Read the Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that incorporates state taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Be sure to are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Do not forget that most rental agreements will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation rental owner.
Get Contact Information
Be sure you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. To ensure no damages are attributed to your stay, make a record of any problem areas of the rental. Call the property manager right away to report your observations. If there is a difference of opinion about legal liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- You may need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa tub. Contact your property manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Please be respectful of the local community. Permanent residents invariably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents can often point you in the right direction.
- Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep each room in the house for forgotten possessions. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred during your stay. If possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your getaway? Just about all rental management companies and vacation rental websites permit renters to provide reviews. If the property and/or property manager was outstanding, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we suggest being understanding but completely honest about your stay. Top property owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the situation.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a blast? Hopefully this guide steered you to a fantastic vacation home. Otherwise, you've gained valuable rental search experience that can help with another search.
- Island Water Sports - 1.9 miles
- Port Of Call - 0.5 miles
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 0.5 miles
- Crab Shack - 0.6 miles
- Frost Seafood House - 0.7 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 0.9 miles
- Clamdigger Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Frankâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 4.0 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 0.2 miles
- Island Water Sports - 1.9 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 4.3 miles
- Homerâ€™s Point Marina - 0.6 miles
- Beach Wheels Bike Rentals - 0.9 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 0.9 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 1.9 miles
- Flatwaters Paddling - 2.0 miles