- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyNatural and peaceful wooded setting within a 5 min. drive to handsome downtown New Bern! Three bedrooms with two king sized beds, a full size bed, and a bunk bed. The master bathroom only has a shower access, but the hall bathroom is a tub/shower combo. Includes bed linens, pillows and enough towels and washcloths for 8 people. We are 45 mins. from either Atlantic Beach or Emerald Isle, and 1 hour from Beaufort, NC. We have outfitted the kitchen with pots, pans, dinnerware, silverware, basic preparing silverware, a 12 cup coffee maker and crock pot. You will need to supply your own food and drinks.
The service fee that is now being charged is a Vacation Rental By Owner/Homeaway charge, and is not an owner based fee.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many official tourism bureaus supply promotional travel guide books with savings for rental management companies, dining and activities. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few rental companies offer price cuts to veterans and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property owner to see if your travelling gang qualifies for a markdown.
- Some properties are primarily designed for particular types of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are situated close to music venues. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sights you are most looking forward to.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners frequently offer guests the option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic rental cost, offers guests reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
Many people are surprised to discover just how many rental properties are located in their area of interest. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available allows them to find an suitable getaway to fit their Beaufort, NC crew, from tranquil condos to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their rental, management companies are critical in helping travellers with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping, and any maintenance problems that may arise.
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however many newcomers will be happy to realize that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you know how to look.
Finding and reserving the right rental:
Do you believe "Beautiful Home w/ TWO Kings incl Sleep Number & Memory Foam! 5 beds total" is the best rental property for your next trip? Browse through this checklist to make sure it fits all of your needs.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Like many trendy hot spots, In Beaufort, NC the best vacation rentals are booked very early. To ensure the very best choice of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and reserving your Beaufort, NC vacation home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Pick a Community and Date
Oftentimes, the toughest part of planning your vacation is figuring out where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are hammered out, everything else will be simpler.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Take a head count. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Be mindful that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to determine what is suitable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you book.
What Are You Prepared to Spend?
Many rentals are marketed with a cost range. Determine the price for your desired week. It may be at the high end of the range. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from friends and family before reserving a pricey vacation property. Most rental documents call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Create a list of "Wishes" and "Requirements"
What amenities is the group looking for? Do you simply want a vacation home with a pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Will the unit need to be oceanfront, downtown, or close to night life? Will the property have bicycles and beach toys for use throughout your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide filter your search.
Commonly the older generation has challenges with stairs. If wheel chair accessibility, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, factor that into your search. Most rental home postings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Remember to include your furrry friends. Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Don't forget to read agreements and contracts carefully. Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Where to Search
As soon as the location, dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the best rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Besides having distinctive properties, local agencies offer exceptional service..
Re-read the description to ensure that the home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the home management company may know of comparable homes that better fit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak season offers your best opportunity to make a deal for a reduced rate.
Study the Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that incorporates taxes, animal and other extra fees.
Cancelling your Vacation Property
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers comfort should catastrophe strike.
When you believe you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Get Contact Info
Make sure that you get the manager's contact phone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend saving the contact's details in your smartphone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property right away. We also advise immediately calling the rental home manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any necessary repairs. This will protect against disagreements during checkout.
- If you have any ambiguity about parking, rules of the property, property access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many complications.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Residents often live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a vacation a good deal more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep every room in the house for left-behind possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, decks, the pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. If at all possible, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you feel about your choice? Just about all rental management companies and rental websites make it easy for travellers to offer reviews. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was top-notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If anything was disagreeable and they did not fix it in a practical manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you will want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn and Improve
Hold a meeting with your traveling companions. Did everybody have a blast? Maybe everything was fantastic and you are excited to re-book the rental home for next year. If the rental property was not ideal, and you will better know how to refine your search for the next trip.
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 3.4 miles
- Village Butcher - 2.7 miles
- Mon Asian Market - 2.8 miles
- DAWGZ - 2.9 miles
- Moore's Olde Tyme Barbeque Chicken & Seafood - 3.0 miles
- Half Time Pub & Grub - 3.0 miles
- Kitchen on Trent - 3.1 miles
- Paulaâ€™s Pizza & Italian Restaurant - 3.1 miles
- Lawson Creek Park - 3.6 miles
- New Bern Convention enter - 4.3 miles
- Union Point Park - 4.4 miles
- New Bern Civic Theater - 4.4 miles
- Jarvis Mansion - 4.4 miles
- New Bern Firemans Museum - 4.5 miles
- Tryon Palace - 4.3 miles
- Creekside Park - 3.0 miles