- 2 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Paper Towels
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this PropertyOur Happy Place is inviting and dog helpful. Stay in and savor our entirely supplied kitchen and grille or step out for the great eateries and nightlife. You are only a brief walk or bicycle ride from our amazing downtown and all the great eateries Beaufort has to offer.
"Our Happy Place" is a two bedroom condo located in the handsome, beautiful, & whimsical waterfront town of Beaufort, NC. Beaufort was recognized by Southern Living as the South's most exemplary modest town in 2019, was freshly voted #1 Coolest Modest Towns of America, & is listed as the Nicest Place in the South by Porterbriggs.
Our Happy Place sleeps upto 6. The master has a queen bed, TV & feel the sea wind from the outdoor space with a table and chairs. The guest room has queen bed and TV. In the living area there is a queen-size pull-out couch. (please indicate if you need linens for the pull-out). The living room has french doors that can be closed for added privacy. Our back patio has a patio set & grille for your appreciation. A complete kitchen and washer and dryer make for everything you need to relish a oceanside getaway. WiFi is available, as well as a enormous, intelligent flat screen TV in the living room. Use our bicycles for getting around town or golf carts are available for rent in town.
Grab our bicycles & go fishing at the public dock or take a swim. From Front St you can take a ferry service to the close by barrier islands of Carrot Island, Shackleford Banks, or Cape Lookout National Seashore. You can shell, sunbathe and relax here, and also can make the brief drive to Atlantic Beach for additional beach options.
Ride along Front St & see our pretty wild horses. Check out the Maritime Museum. Walk downtown & shop, have lunch/dinner or listen to live music at a local hotspot. Don't miss the Rhum Bar at Stillwater or the rooftop outdoor space at Moonrakers - dazzling vistas and great drinks make it ideal way to watch the sun set.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Most established tourism bureaus offer guide books with savings for accommodations, restaurants and tours. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Willing to modify your trip dates? Shoulder seasons offer phenomenal savings.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may qualify for unique discounts. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting group qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Is there a certain activity you are mainly anticipating during your stay? You'll receive the most value from a home that most directly suits your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit extra.
- Management companies and individual property owners commonly offer customers an opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, provides travellers reimbursement of their rental expenses for any days missed due to health-related emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Rental Home
You may be shocked to uncover how many rentals are available at your destination. With such a wide selection, vacationers are certain to come across a property which fits their desires and spending budget.
Rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Rental owners frequently select management companies to manage advertising, house cleaning and routine maintenance.
We've put together a short guide to help you get the most out of your rental home experience.
How to find and book a great vacation home:
Do you think "Our Happy Place-Walk/Bike Downtown Beaufort/Pet Friendly Reduced Rates 8/20-8/26" is the best rental home for your next visit? Read through this checklist to make sure it fits your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many trendy vacation spots, In Beaufort, NC the best vacation homes are booked very early. To get the best selection, start your planning and search Six-12 months in advance of a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental home..
Find your Spot and Establish Dates
Consensus can often be tricky among relatives, but once this tricky part is complete everything will quickly drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is going, and how many/what kind of bedroom configuration you should have. Be mindful that many properties list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living area. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your party. Generally rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Are You Willing to Pay?
The majority of vacation rentals are presented with a price range. Determine the cost for your chosen stay. It might be at the high end of the range. If multiple individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure everyone knows their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Typically, a single person in the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and recovering each family member's share.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group searching for? Do you simply want a rental with a pool, spa or beach volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or nightlife? Are bed linens offered with the rental, or do you need to provide your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and wants" from your company to help filter your search to the most appropriate home.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Optimal access can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Most rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Remember to include your companion! Pet guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be limited. Be sure you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are added. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Aside from having distinctive properties, local agencies offer fantastic service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation home has everything you need. If it is something is missing, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable homes that suit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try asking for an extra night. Your greatest potential for a reduced rate is changing to an off-season week.
Study the Entire Agreement
Read through the full agreement and be sure you understand who is responsible for:
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each vacation rental. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental rate, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal medical emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Vacation Property
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely have to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Remember to get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest storing the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Good luck on booking your rental home! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any damages soon after you arrive. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the rental home manager with a report of any damage, along with your request for any repairs. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the documented problems and communication attempts should be very helpful.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a trip significantly more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences can often point you in the right direction.
- Make certain to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a bit. Even though you're spending money on a housekeeping fee, The rental should really be in good condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the floor and sticky messes should really be dealt with before leaving.
- When your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred during your remain. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites permit renters to offer feedback. If your rental and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being pleasant but completely honest with regards to your stay. Top property owners and managers will try hard to fix the situation.
Learn and Improve
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. Did they love their stay? We hope this guide helped you find a terrific rental unit. If not, you have gained invaluable experience to aid with your next search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 3.6 miles
- Dank Burrito - 0.9 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 3.2 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 3.7 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 4.7 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 4.9 miles
- Bella Pizza - 5.0 miles
- Beaufort CafÃ© - 0.4 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 0.7 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 0.7 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 0.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.8 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 3.2 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 4.8 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 3.5 miles
- Lookout Cruises - 0.7 miles