- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyBogue Sound Front with your own private dock with an upper outdoor space for unbelievable sunsets in a private, relaxing setting! Splash and play in the sound or take a brief walk to the beach as we are just steps from the sea!
After a hard day of fun & sun at the beach or splashing in the sound at your own private dock, you can settle down on the back outdoor space or dock upper outdoor space with a cool drink and experience striking vistas of Bogue sound and ridiculous sunsets.
Summer is impressive for visiting the sound and beach. However, another favorite time to visit the Sundowner is in the Spring and Fall with warm days, swimming in the sound, bit lower humidity, and great fishing!
Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are special times to spend at the coast and celebrate with family or friends. January and February are not to be forgotten months with much needed peaceful and de-stressing after the holiday festivities, and also charming getaways are possible for Valentine’s Day.
The sundowner has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. She agreeably sleeps 6; with 2 queen beds and a kid welcoming room with two bunk beds: one with a double bed on the bottom, single on top, the other with a single bed on bottom and single bed on top. The rooms with queen beds have access to the private decks over Bogue Sound. There is a fabulous BBQ picnic area with located sound front.
You have immediate access to the sound, which means swimming, fishing, clamming, crabbing, seining, bird watching, walking in the water, etc. The kitchen has everything you need to make your own meals if you like, including spices left for visitors.
There are stairs leading into the sound, chairs and a table to appreciate the sunset. There is also a hot/cold outdoor shower area. For those of you that would like to try some clamming or crabbing there are rakes and crab pots available for use. We also have beach chairs, coolers, and body boards.
Points of Interest close by:
• NC Aquarium, Pine Knoll Shores, NC
• Bicycle trail right in front of our home that can take you to either Salter Path or to Coast Guard Rd.
• Historical Waterfront Town of Beaufort
• Deep sea fishing charters, Big Rock Fishing Tournament (June)
• NC Seafood Festival the first weekend in October
• Public NC Wildlife Boat Access
• Fort Macon
• Bogue Fishing Pier
• Great waterfront dining at Atlantic Beach, Morehead City and Beaufort
• Shackleford Island
• Cape Lookout Lighthouse, Maritime Museums
Please give the Sundowner a try. Once you come and visit we know you’ll be back again, it’s a home away from home!
Please contact me with any questions we will be delighted to speak with you!
Catherine Louis and Paul Jarmul
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Many rental managers and rental houses provide Beaufort, NC area traveller discount guides that feature money-saving offers, either offered individually by local companies, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. These guides may provide an excellent start to your rental home search.
- Desire to stay away from crowds and spend less? The off-peak seasons will offer you terrific rates on rentals.
- A number of management companies and owners offer savings for active and veteran members of the US Armed forces, or repeat vacation goers to the same rental. Make sure to confirm with property management company to see if your travelling crew qualifies for a special offer.
- Some rental homes are essentially catered to specific visitors, whether it's oceanside homes with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to night life or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. If there's a particular Beaufort, NC atteaction that you love, keep an eye out for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, provides visitors reimbursement of their travel expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
The Rental Process
First-timers are oftentimes shocked at the range and wide variety of short-term rentals available in the Beaufort, NC area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners typically select management companies to assist with advertising and marketing, housekeeping and regular maintenance.
Here are some tips and methods to help you navigate the vacation home search and booking process.
Where to find and book the best rental property:
Before you book "Sundowner - Soundfront 3 bedroom 2 bath home on Emerald Isle, NC!", go through our short checklist of issues to consider.
Search Early and Frequently
Beaufort, NC vacation homes start booking early. To guarantee the best choice of vacation rentals, we recommend searching and booking your Beaufort, NC vacation home 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for family groups to plan their Summer vacations..
Select a Community and Time
Begin by deciding which particular area of Beaufort, NC you prefer to visit, and the choose trip dates.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Really Need?
How many family members are joining your vacation? Bear in mind that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is suitable for your company. Most rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Exactly What Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Check to make sure "Sundowner - Soundfront 3 bedroom 2 bath home on Emerald Isle, NC!" fits your price range *during your desired week*. Ensure that you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions before reserving a pricey rental. Most of the time, one member of the group will be responsible for making the complete reservation and getting each person's contribution.
What property features is the group looking for? Is a pool reallynecessary?Do you want a vacation property with open-air dining area? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are bed linens offered with the rental contract, or will you need to provide your own? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and wants" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable property.
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not reserving a stairs-only condominium on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special devices are required, factor that into your search. The majority of rental home postings include a list of amenities.
Remember to include your best friend! Animals are welcome at a number of rentals, but policies differ. Many limitations might eliminate a potential rental. Make certain you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Best places to Search
As soon as the place, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources to find the best rental selection. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Local agencies often have an exclusive assortment of rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation rental has everything you need. If lacking, the vacation rental management company might know of comparable homes that fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental properties, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights may be. This is more effective through the off-season when many vacation rentals sit empty.
Read the Entire Contract
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Ensure that your quote includes all taxes and fees.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you reassurance should tragedy strike.
Complete the Booking
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Keep in mind that most rental agreements will require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the home owner.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend storing the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your vacation rental! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- To make sure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any trouble spots of the property. If you discover damage, or if repairs are needed contact the rental manager right away. If there is a dispute about legal liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts should be very helpful.
- You may need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa. Call your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. More often than not, adjacent homes are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a great source of recommendations.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all your possessions. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damages. If possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most vacation rental management companies and rental websites permit customers to provide reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was top notch, they'll appreciate your compliments. If something went wrong, we advise being understanding but sincere with regards to stay. The best property owners and managers will work hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Did everyone have a blast? Maybe everything turned out to be wonderful and you're ready to re-book the rental for next year. If the rental property wasn't perfect, and you will better know how to filter your search for the next trip.
- Island Water Sports - 1.6 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 2.6 miles
- Frost Seafood House - 2.8 miles
- Crab Shack - 3.0 miles
- Big Oak Drive In & Bar-B-Que - 3.0 miles
- Port Of Call - 3.0 miles
- Frankâ€™s Pizza & Subs - 3.3 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 3.3 miles
- Southern Environmental Law -Crystal Coast - 0.8 miles
- Island Water Sports - 1.6 miles
- Flatwaters Paddling - 1.5 miles
- Water Sports Rentals - 1.6 miles
- Frank and Claraâ€™s Restaurant and Lounge - 2.6 miles
- Beach Wheels Bike Rentals - 2.6 miles
- Homerâ€™s Point Marina - 2.9 miles
- Leni Newell Studios And Gallery - 3.0 miles