- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Baby Gate
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Games For Kids
- Ice Maker
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyWELCOME AND THANKS FOR CHOOSING TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE - WE HOPE YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE - PLEASE EMAIL OR PHONE US WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE - WE ARE GLAD YOU CAME. Janet & Bill
~~~ THE BEACH IS JUST STEPS FROM YOUR DOOR ~~~
FROM THE FRONT DOOR, TURN LEFT AND THE BEACH IS RIGHT THERE, TURN RIGHT AND IT'S JUST A QUICK WALK ON THE BOARDS TO THE POOL.
Bright and airy oceanfront townhouse is ideal for your family holiday hideaway. Sea Glen is a modest, peaceful, 38 unit complex located on the barrier island of Bogue Banks. It is located in the maritime forest right next to the 200 acre Teddy Roosevelt Preserve. No high rises here. Beach is wide and uncrowded. Amicable, family vibe. You can meet and mingle with the other Sea Glen visitors or maintain your privacy - the choice is yours.
Our beach home is very tidy and attractively decorated. Many of our renters have commented on how very dazzling our place is. The Master Bedroom has a full private bath, queen-size bed and balcony WITH WONDERFUL VIEW OF SEA, BEACH AND TEDDY ROOSEVELT PRESERVE. AT NIGHT YOU CAN SEE THE CAPE LOOKOUT LIGHTHOUSE FLASHING IN THE DISTANCE. There are two other bedrooms - one with two twin beds, the other with a full. These rooms share another full bath. Downstairs there is a entirely-supplied kitchen, dining room, sunroom, generous living room, plus a half bath. As the beach is south-facing, you can relax on the outdoor space and watch spectacular sunrises or sunsets or spy a dolphin or two.
Although Sea Glen is cloistered and peaceful, it is not off the beaten path. Within one mile there are eateries, amusements (miniature golf, bumper boats and go carts), stores, kayaking, parasailing, jet-skiing, gas station, library, and post office. Also, the North Carolina Aquarium is only half mile away, located in the Roosevelt Preserve on the bay side of the island. They offer varied activities all year round for all ages (the On- Board Cruise is our favorite) plus walking nature trails.
We started coming to Sea Glen as renters in 1991 with our young sons. We liked it so much, we kept coming back (sometimes twice a year) until we finally bought our place in 1996. We have tried to make our beach home a agreeable and calming place to be. Please e-mail us with your questions or if you want to see additional photos. Come give North Carolina’s Crystal Coast a try. We know you’ll like it here and look forward to visiting again and again.
Keywords: Townhome, condo, townhouse, town home, condominium, beach front, private pool, sea front
Money Saving Strategies
- Many management companies and vacation properties provide Beaufort, NC area discount magazines which feature promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or through a relationship between the management company and the vendor itself. Look for these guides and coupon books, as this allows visitors to discover those terrific attractions with a quite often substantial discounted.
- Could you switch your vacation week? Off-peak times provide considerable savings.
- Are you a military veteran? Several property management companies offer rate reductions to veterans and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property owner to see if your visiting group qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a certain experience you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and landmarks you are most excited about.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your lease contract. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the basic stay price, offers travellers reimbursement of their rental costs for any nights missed due to personal health-related emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unforeseen hotel stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are surprised to learn just how many rentals are located in their area of interest. With such a big selection, clients are sure to find a vacation home that matches their wishes and budget.
The vast majority of rentals in Beaufort, NC are privately owned and many are represented by well-known local property management agencies. Property owners typically choose management companies to manage internet marketing, cleaning and maintenance.
Below are great tips and tricks to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
How to find and reserve the best vacation home:
Before you book "Oceanfront Townhome - Remodeled Kitchen and Baths, Views Pool Wi-Fi", review our short list of factors to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Beaufort, NC rentals start booking very early. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental..
Pick your Town and Travel Week
Oftentimes, the most challenging portion of organizing your vacation is choosing where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, everything else becomes easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what type of bedroom arrangement you should have. Remember that many vacation rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your family. Most rental listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Most vacation homes are advertised with a price range. Determine the price for your desired stay. It could be at the high end of the range. If many groups or family members are sharing the cost, make certain each group knows their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. A single individual in your family will need to be in charge of collecting payments and acknowledging responsibility for the whole rental fee at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the family searching for? Are you looking for a rental home with open-air lounge? Does the unit need to be oceanfront, in town, or near restaurants? Will the rental have bicycles and body boards available for use throughout your stay? Gather a list of "necessities and desires" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Accessibility and Special Concerns
Do a few members of your party have specific needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are necessary, include that into your search. Nearly all property postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other members of the family traveling with a pup? Pets are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines can vary. Many constraints could eliminate a prospective vacation property. Examine your agreement very carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are added.
Start your Search
Several internet resources exist to match vacationers with property owners.. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local companies often times have an exclusive collection of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation rental has everything required. If something is missing, the property management company might know of very similar homes that suit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate prices, and some will not. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. Your easiest chance of a lower rate is changing to an off-season week.
Read Through The Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Be sure that your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each rental. Many rental property agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of the base rental rate, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a consequence of personal health emergencies or storms, in addition to hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
After you think you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. You'll probably be required to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Keep Your Property Manager's Information
Don't forget to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations on reserving your rental! You're on the right path to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. To assure no damages are attributed to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. Call the property manager immediately to report your observations. This may prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save hours of difficulty.
- Remember to respect your nearby neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Natives can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep every room in the home for forgotten items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, cabinets, outdoor patios, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out assessment with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Virtually all vacation rental web sites ask for comments after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your positive reviews. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the property was not as described, you will want to make it a point in your feedback.
Use Your Experience
Does everyone want to return next year? Ideally everything ended up being perfect and you're all set to re-book the rental for next year. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable rental search experience that will help with your next search.
- Circa 81 - 3.2 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.0 miles
- Dank Burrito - 3.4 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 3.5 miles
- Bella Pizza - 4.4 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 4.4 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 5.0 miles
- Clamdigger Restaurant - 1.7 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.1 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 3.7 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 4.5 miles
- Capt. Stacy Fishing Center - 4.5 miles
- Theodore Roosevelt Natural Area - 1.0 miles
- North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores - 1.0 miles
- Crystal Coast Country Club - 1.3 miles
- Crystal Coast Ecotours - 2.9 miles