Money Saving Strategies
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to visit. Most tourism bureaus will offer you printed tourism guides with special packages for lodging, dining and attractions. These guides provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Are your vacation dates changeable? Shoulder seasons feature impressive prices.
- Plenty of property management companies and owners offer savings for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or repeat vacation goers of the same rental home. Be sure to ask property manager to see if your visiting crew qualifies for a rate reduction.
- Some properties are primarily suited for specific groups of guests. Large event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some rentals cater to beach bums. Other rentals are positioned close to music venues. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and sights you are most interested in.
- Consider getting trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed resulting from medical related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
Newcomers are often times shocked at the number and wide variety of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Beaufort, NC area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available makes it possible to find an perfect getaway to accommodate their Beaufort, NC crew, from relaxed condos to massive event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Rental owners frequently select management companies to manage marketing, housekeeping and maintenance.
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation rentals, however many newcomers will be happy to learn that several "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand how to look.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental:
Do you think "Seaside Villas in Atlantic Beach- Gorgeous NEW 3 story townhome with pool!" is the best rental property for your upcoming visit? Read through this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Beaufort, NC rental homes start booking early. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months in advance is usually recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental..
Pick your Place and Travel Week
Oftentimes, the hardest portion of preparing for your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, the rest becomes simplier and easier.
Select a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the family. Most rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Are You Prepared to Spend?
Most vacation homes are presented with a cost range. Determine the rate for your chosen trip. It may be at the top end of the range. If multiple groups or relatives are sharing the cost, confirm that everybody understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. In most cases, one member of the group will be liable for making the complete reservation and getting each party's share.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What home features is the family trying to find? Are you looking for a rental home with outdoor lounge? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or nightlife? Are items like beach chairs, grills, umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental property rate? Create a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Grandpa and Grandma will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-access-only condominium on the Third floor. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other individuals in the family traveling with a pet? Even though quite a few rental homes allow family pets, guidelines and fees fluctuate per property. Type of animal, size and dog breeds could be restricted. Study your contract thoroughly! Fees may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental homes" for local vacation rental management companies. Local agencies will have a unique assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Re-read the description to be sure the vacation rental has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the rental management company may know of similar homes that better fit your style and budget..
While not true for all rental properties, many property owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. The off-season offers your greatest chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Go Through The Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your price includes all state taxes and fees.
Ensure you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance shields the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives relief should catastrophe strike.
Book your Vacation Property
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", start the booking process. You will probably be asked to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure you get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your cell phone and wallet.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any problems when you arrive. Contact the rental manager immediately to report your observations. This can protect against disputes during check out.
- You could need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television set or spa. Get in touch with your home manager. They are there to help. A quick phone call prevents many complications.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Permanent residents probably live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay considerably more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of tips. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure you've packed all of your personal belongings. Sweep all the rooms in the home for forgotten possessions. Check bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, backyards, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to make certain no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Many rental websites request reviews after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but sincere with regards to experience. The best property owners and managers will try very hard to fix the issue.
Hold a meeting with your family. Did they enjoy their stay? Hopefully this guide steered you to a terrific home away from home. If the rental property was not quite right, and you'll better know how to refine your search next time.