- 6 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Not Suitable For Children
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Ping Pong Table
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
About this PropertyThe Big Kahuna will be a great family destination for your summer holiday. There is plenty of space for a huge family or multiple families. The view of the sea is completely unobstructed and you can sit on the covered porch, relax on the oceanside sundeck or walk a few steps and be on the sand. With six bedrooms and five bathrooms, this big home will sleep 18 people. The living area has plenty of seating and includes a 65" TV. The dining area will seat 8 and there are also 4 barstools. The newly modernized kitchen has stainless appliances and handsome quartz countertops along with a tile backsplash. The kitchen is completely outfitted with all you will need to prepare meals for your family.
A very sizable master suite has a king bed and an additional private sitting area where you can relax, read, and look at the sea. Additionally, two other upstairs bedrooms are oceanfront with a fashonable view. One bedroom has a king-sized bed and the other a queen.
Downstairs is equally huge and includes 1 bedroom with 2 queens, a bedroom with 2 full beds, and a game room/bedroom with a full-size futon, twin daybed with a twin trundle.
Plenty of books, games, and movies are available for your appreciation. Each bathroom includes a shower and 4 of the baths also have a tub. There is no waiting for a shower after playing on the beach.
A double-car garage includes an additional washer/dryer along with enough space to park 2 cars if you like. There is also a ping pong table in the garage. An outdoor shower is also available to rinse off the sand.
The driveway will accommodate 5 cars.
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus supply promotional tourism guide books with special packages for rental management companies, restaurants and attractions. These guides provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Want to avoid the packed areas and save some money? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of maximum fees.
- Several property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran men and women of the Military, or repeat visitors of the same property. Be sure to ask property owner to see if your vacationing gang qualifies for a reduction.
- Is there a particular experience you are mainly longing for ? You'll receive the most value from a home which most closely matches your ideal holiday setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners typically offer their clients the opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base stay rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their trip costs for any days missed resulting from health related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Tips & Tricks
You may be surprised to find out just how many vacation homes are available at your destination. With such a big selection, clients are certain to locate a property which fits their desires and budget.
Nearly all rental properties in Beaufort, NC are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide simple and easy operational administration on behalf of the property owner..
Below are some tips and techniques to help you understand the rental home search and booking process.
Finding and reserving the right rental home:
Before you book "Big Kahuna - Spacious, newly remodeled oceanfront home in a quiet neighborhood.", examine our brief list of things to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Choices
Beaufort, NC rental properties book many months (and up to a year) in advance. To ensure the very best choice of vacation rentals, we suggest searching and reserving your Beaufort, NC rental 6-12 months in advance, whenever feasible. Many visitors plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Agreement can be tough among close relatives, but the moment this challenging part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Choose a Size
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Remember that that most vacation rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. It is important to figure out what is acceptable for your party. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, email or call the property manager before you reserve the home.
Have a Budget
Does your preferred rental home fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If several individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure that each group understands their obligation and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. A single individual in your company must be in charge of gathering contributions and acknowledging responsibility for the entire rental cost at time of booking.
Compose a list of "Wishes" and "Necessities"
What amenities is your family interested in? Do you just desire a rental with a swimming pool, spa or volleyball court? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to a city setting? Does the rental have bikes and beach toys available for use as part of your stay? Make a list of "necessities and wishes" from your company to help filter your search to the most suitable home.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Suitable access can make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Have You Considered 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other members of the party visiting with a family dog? Even though a number of vacation rentals allow pets, rules and fees fluctuate per property. Be sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Searching the Internet
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local rental home management companies pride themselves on a top-quality vacation experience.
When you have spotted your dream rental, make sure your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Study the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal fee, travelers will need to pay local taxes when booking "Big Kahuna - Spacious, newly remodeled oceanfront home in a quiet neighborhood.", in addition to various other additional fees which may be required depending on their circumstances, including a dog charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancellation policies vary for each rental. Vacation home management companies and individual property owners often offer their guests the choice to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives relief should catastrophe strike.
When you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Keep in mind that most rental agreements require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the vacation home owner.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear as soon as you arrive. We also advise immediately phoning the property manager with a report of any problems, together with your request for any necessary fixes. This will prevent conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a gas fireplace, TV or spa tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Permanent residents usually live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a bit. Although you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The vacation rental really needs to be in good condition. Sinks filled with pots and pans, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be addressed before leaving.
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Most property management companies and rental home sites make it easy for travellers to provide comments. If the vacation rental and/or property manager was top notch, they will appreciate your recommendations. If something went wrong, we advise being kind but honest regarding your experience. The best owners and managers will work very hard to correct the situation.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Did they like the rental home? Maybe everything turned out to be perfect and you are ready to reserve the property for next year. Maybe the rental property wasn't ideal, and you will better know how to improve your search for the next vacation.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 4.8 miles
- Circa 81 - 2.6 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 0.8 miles
- Dank Burrito - 2.5 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 2.6 miles
- Bella Pizza - 3.2 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 3.2 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 0.9 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 3.4 miles
- Lost Treasure Golf and Raceway - Crystal Coast - 4.9 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 4.9 miles
- Capt. Stacy Fishing Center - 3.3 miles
- Morehead City Marlins Baseball - 4.5 miles
- Crystal Coast Country Club - 0.5 miles
- North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores - 2.0 miles