View this property at:
About this Property
The Waterfront Fishing Cottage! Recently finished with a whimsical fishing theme décor. Whether you fish or not it is a great place to kick back and relax. The bungalow is located right on the Intracoastal Waterway and you can watch the boats and dolphins go by from your rocking chairs on the covered porch. Have a boat? Come with it and use our, complimentary to our guest, private ramp. Your choice to go to the sea or toward the Neuse on Adams Creek, or you can use our fishing pier to fish from. There is even a fish cleaning station on the pier. If you do not fish, discover Historic Beaufort and all it has to offer, and it is just 5 miles away. Ask for Janet, she can help you with what the area offers. She will even make reservations for you whether it is tours of the wild mustangs, Cape Lookout Lighthouse, shelling, or sailing. She knows the most first-rate eateries, museums, historic sites, and shopping places. She will be more than delighted to assist you to make your stay eventful. Please call ahead for an appointment with her.
The Cottage Includes a Queen Bed - 1 bath -shower stall/sink -- separate room with sink/toilet. Queen sleeper couch in living area. Full kitchen with Kcup coffee maker, toaster oven, stove/oven, paper towels, mustard and ketchup in the refrigerator, toilet paper, aluminum foil, wax paper, sandwich bags, and trash bags. Need anything else? Just let us know. Fire pit, grille, and picnic tables are available upon request.
Linens and towel are available. We ask because many visitors prefer to use their own due to the COVID 19 issue. If you want us to furnish linens and towels, just request them when you rent with us. We do tidy our linens and towels according to COVID guidelines. We lowered our prices to reflect your choice to bring your own. Need linen? No problem linens and towels price $30 additional.
We price this listing without linens. We tidy our linens according to COVID 19, but have found many just want to bring their own.
We are just 10 mins. away from Historic Beaufort. Wonderful unique shopping and eateries, boating trips to Shackleford and rent an eco tour of the Rachel Carson Estuary, Mariners Museum, Beaufort Historical grounds and art museum. Scenic bus tours of Beaufort or boat tours to see dolphins. You can even take a sunset cruise on the Lookout sailboat. If you adore the water you will not be disappointed in the activities available. Here are just a few of the things you can do while visiting with us: swim, sail, boat, charter a tour, a cruise, snorkel, surfing at Atlantic Beach, paddle-board, kayak, jet ski, deep sea fishing, secure a Pirate boat, treasure hunt, take a sunset cruise on the Lookout sailboat, pick up sea shells, visit an aquarium, museums, libraries, take a trip to Shackleford Banks, see the wild Spanish Mustangs, discover great dive sites, dig for clams, gig a flounder, look for dolphins, go para-sailing, take a ferry over to Ocracoke, visit the 9 mile long island of Shackleford Banks, go Megaladon tooth diving, dive the many ship wrecks, buy a new surf board, visit Cape Lookout National Seashore, and Shark Island
Not much for the water sports? That’s okay you take a tour of Historic Beaufort on a real English Double-Decker bus, dancing, golfing, shopping, eating, play volley ball on the beach, relish a murder mystery dinner theater production, walk the many fishing piers, fly a kite on the beach, have a picnic, walk the Beaufort’s and Morehead’s boardwalks, droll over yachts and sailboats docked at the marinas, experience incredible photo opportunities, visit Beaufort’s old graveyards, tours historic homes, take a pirate's tour of downtown, rent bicycles, site seeing, listen to local musicians, visit Fort Macon, visit the Core Sound Waterfowl and Heritage center, visit Beaufort’s Historical Grounds, watch local artists paint, relax at a tiki bar, set on the outdoor decks of a local eateries and have a phenomenal meal and meet the locals, take your dog for a walk, or if all else fails, we recommend you just take time to relax and spend time with those you appreciate in our friendly little town. You can't get lost here, and no matter where you go, you'll find plenty to do.
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus supply printed tourism guides with savings for rental management companies, dining and tours. Search for these catalogs and coupon books, since this allows travelers to take advantage of those fantastic activities with a often significantly discounted.
- Would like to steer clear of the crowds? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of high fees.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Military may be eligible for price reductions. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a markdown.
- Is there a certain activity that you are most looking forward to ? If there's a specific Beaufort, NC atteaction you simply love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Consider getting trip insurance with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any missed due to personal health-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
Newcomers are oftentimes shocked at the range and selection of short term rental properties available in the Beaufort, NC area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by owners because they manage the marketing and operations..
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have discovered several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however many newcomers will be delighted to know that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you know where they should search.
How to find and book a great vacation rental:
Before you start to book " Waterfront Cottage on the ICW - Snowbirds are welcome!", examine our brief collection of points to consider.
The Earlier You Start, The Better The Choices
Like many trendy hot spots, In Beaufort, NC the best rentals are booked very early. For the best selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months prior to your trip. Many households plan to begin their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Choose your Area and Vacation Week
Oftentimes, the hardest portion of organizing your trip is deciding on where to go, and when. Once the big decisions are tackled, everything else will be more straightforward.
Exactly How Much Rental home Do You Actually Need?
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what sort of bedroom configuration you need to have. Bear in mind that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room. You will need to determine what is suitable for the group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are commonly accessible on the internet. Otherwise, get in touch with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Commit to a Budget
Make sure that " Waterfront Cottage on the ICW - Snowbirds are welcome!" suits your budget *during your desired week*. If multiple individuals or family members are sharing the cost, make sure that each party understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. A single member of your party will have to be responsible for getting contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental cost at time of reservation.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is the group trying to find? Is a screened porch a necessity? Do you want to be away from it all, or near civilization? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included with your rental rate? Create a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Often times the elder generation has challenges with staircases. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other members of the group visiting with a dog or cat? While quite a few vacation rentals permit dogs, rules and fees vary per property. Type of animal, size and breeds can be restricted. Be sure you read agreements and contracts carefully. Extra fees or deposits may be applied to your contract. If in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Where to Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local rental management companies pride themselves on an exceptional rental experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the home has everything required. If it is something is missing, the home management company may know of very similar properties that fit your preferences and budget..
While not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will make a deal on rates. If they are hesitant to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. This is most effective during the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Study The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Be sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to booking. Many vacation property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance defends the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you comfort should catastrophe strike.
Complete the Booking
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental home immediately upon arrival. If you discover property damage, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the home manager right away. If there is a dispute about responsibility later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will probably be valuable.
- You could need guidance for a gas fireplace, Television or jacuzzi. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Please remember to respect your neighbors. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Local people can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Make sure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all your things. Sweep every room in the house for forgotten items. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, backyards, the pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. If it is possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Nearly all rental property web sites request feedback after your stay is complete. Owners and property managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If something went wrong, we suggest being pleasant but sincere in regards to your rental experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to rectify the issue.
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your travel companions. Did everyone have a good time? Ideally everything turned out to be perfect and you're all set to re-book the same rental home for next year. If the rental wasn't ideal, and you'll better understand how to improve your search for the next vacation.