- 2 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertySouthwinds has and is undergoing renovations still after hurricane Florence! If you reserve, understand that while our unit is fine and inviting, many buildings have some construction ongoing! Our building-I- won’t be undergoing much until mid- late August- Other owners across the island have raised prices, as unit here seems to be going fast! I lowered mine to compensate my renters for any noise inconvenience that may occur during your stay- it’s been a tough road for our area and our complex! Insurance companies held our monies so it’s been slow finishing repairs in many buildings (including our I building)-
Don’t spend hundreds of dollars more in costs on realtor managed units! You never know the condition of beds, couches, appliances, etc. Everything in our unit is new & modern! Want tidy? This is the unit to savor your holiday!
Read all the positive reviews on our gorgeously renovated 2BD, 1.5BA condo on 2nd floor (no elevator, but 2nd floor doesn’t have an overload of steps)- you will have a great sea view and wave sounds from this unit- new wood floors, Corian® counters, stainless appliances, inviting furnishings, NEW appealing beds, flat screen TVs in all rooms, and new tiled shower and stone vanity in main bathroom! Master BD has a new (4/2018) memory foam/ cool gel bed on the giant king bed with plush linens- not stiff sheets and blankets (also with total hypoallergenic sleeve encasing entire bed- prevents dust mites & bed bugs) and 1/2 BA-
2nd BD has a new (5/2017) memory foam queen size bed (with total hypoallergenic sleeve encasing entire bed) and a new (4/2018) memory foam/cool gel twin bed. The complex has 2 marvelous pools, one of which is right outdoor our front door and down the steps! Another min. and you are at the beach walkway to go oceanside! Many amenities of home here to give you a appealing beach trip! We have tried to put things in our unit that we appreciated when we were renting every year! Kitchen is supplied well enough to be able to prepare meals with EASE-new microwave, toaster, blender, 10 cup coffeemaker, & many preparing items/ silverware are in the unit. You will feel right at home here! Exceptionally CLEAN and modern unit!!
SUPER FAST WIFI is available for most seasons-we pay additional for streaming level WIFI- need netflix fast speeds? We have it!!
Price INCLUDES linens (quality sheets, blankets, bath towels, etc.) for ALL time periods. Paper products and soaps are not guaranteed- washer & dryer on premises only! Not in unit; the complex offers one complimentary dryer.
NO family dogs and cats please- as owner is asthmatic & highly allergic! Forfeiture of monies will occur if found to be breaking this rule!
Unit will welcome 2 well behaved children max.
Note on cancellations: 60 days is REQUIRED to receive any refund!! Mandatory evacuations called by local officials is the ONLY exception to this rule, as that is not a renters fault. ALL renters have the option to buy cancellation insurance! If you choose NOT to, that is your prerogative, but, it wont be the owner's loss if something occurs and you need to cancel after that 60 day window closes. IF there is enough time, I will surely try to get NEW renters for the dates you cancelled-
if I re- rent, I will refund your money minus the costs Vacation Rental By Owner takes from me.
Long term units welcome from October- March-costs are reduced up to 60% for these. You can’t beat an sea view for roughly $40 nightly. A higher cleaning fee is all we raise-
inquire with owner if you would like a 30-90 day rental and what that entails-
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many management companies and rental homes supply Beaufort, NC area vacation discount magazines which feature deals, either offered independently by vendors, or by way of a relationship between the property manager and the itself. Search for these catalogs and promotional books, because this allows visitors to discover the very same activities at a quite often substantial discounted.
- Could you shift your trip dates? Shoulder seasons special offer phenomenal discounts.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for cost savings. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are particularly designed for specific groups of guests. Large event homes are best for weddings, wedding parties and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to night life. You'll receive the best value from a rental that most closely satisfies your ideal vacation setting, regardless if it costs a tad bit more.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners frequently offer clients the option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic vacation rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their trip expenses for any missed as a result of medical related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
General Rental property Information
Newcomers tend to be surprised at the range and wide range of short term properties available in the Beaufort, NC area. With such a wide selection, guests are certain to come across a property that suits their wishes and spending plan.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their vacation home, management companies are critical in assisting travellers with reserving, checking-in, housekeeping, and any routine maintenance issues that may occur.
We have constructed a brief guide to help you get the most out of your rental home experience.
Where to find and book a great vacation home:
Before you start to book " SEAS THE DAY at this beautifully updated condo with great view", go through our brief checklist of considerations.
The Sooner, The Better
Beaufort, NC vacation rentals are reserved many months (and up to a year) in advance. For the greatest selection, start your planning and search Six-Twelve months in advance of a trip. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental..
Select a Town and Date
Start by picking which specific area of Beaufort, NC you want to visit, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Decide on a Size
Confirm who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you will need. Be mindful that a lot of rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You will need to figure out what is most appropriate for the group. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property owner before you reserve the home.
Create a Spending Limit
Many rental properties are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your preferred week. It may be at the high end of the range. If many groups or relatives are sharing the cost, ensure each person understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Generally speaking, a single member of the group will be liable for making the full reservation and recovering each person's share.
Rental Home Features
What amenities is your group searching for? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Do you want a rental with outside dining area? Does the unit need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or in close proximity to wildlife? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental home charge? Create a list of priority features to facilitate narrow your search.
Grandma and Grandpa will appreciate you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Ensure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Make sure to include your pets. Animal guidelines are different at each rental. Study descriptions carefully. Type of animal, size and dog breeds might be controlled. Examine your contract very carefully! Extra charges may apply when animals are included. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
Best places to Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation rentals" for local property management companies. Local property management companies take pride in a first-class vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make certain that the vacation home has everything that you need. If lacking, the rental home management company might know of comparable properties that better suit your style and budget..
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some will not. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak weeks are likely to be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Daily Cleaning (If Available)
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal price, guests will need to pay local taxes when renting " SEAS THE DAY at this beautifully updated condo with great view", as well as any other fees which might be required based upon their circumstances, including an animal charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heater fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental property
Cancellation policies are different with each vacation rental. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives peace of mind should tragedy strike.
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to cover the rental home owner.
Know Who to Call
Make sure that you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We suggest keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats on reserving your vacation rental! You're on your way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any property damage soon after you arrive. If you find damage, or if fixes are required get in touch with the property manager immediately.
- You might need instructions for a gas fireplace, Television or hot tub. Get in touch with your rental manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call avoids many headaches.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. Residents will likely be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a vacation considerably more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents are a great source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for wildlife?
- Make sure to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation rental locked up when you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check every space of the vacation property to assure you've gathered all valuables.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation? Many rental property web sites request comments after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but completely honest with regards to rental experience. The best owners and managers will work very hard to correct the problem.
Hold a debrief with your travel companions. Did they love their stay? If everything was fantastic, next year's family vacation planning will be simple and easy. If the property was not quite right, and you'll better recognize how to refine your search next time.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.6 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.8 miles
- Bella Pizza - 2.0 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 2.1 miles
- Dank Burrito - 2.5 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.5 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 4.3 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 2.0 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.5 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 2.6 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 2.6 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 2.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 4.2 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.6 miles
- Carolina Princess - 1.6 miles