- 2 Bedrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertySouthwinds has and is undergoing renovations still after hurricane Florence! If you reserve, understand that while our unit is fine and appealing, many buildings have some construction ongoing! Our building-I- won’t be undergoing much until mid- late August- Other owners across the island have raised costs, as unit here seems to be going fast! I lowered mine to compensate my renters for any noise inconvenience that may occur during your stay- it’s been a tough road for our area and our complex! Insurance companies held our monies so it’s been slow finishing repairs in many buildings (including our I building)-
Don’t spend hundreds of dollars more in costs on realtor managed units! You never know the condition of beds, couches, appliances, etc. Everything in our unit is new & modern! Want tidy? This is the unit to savor your holiday!
Read all the positive reviews on our handsomely referbished 2BD, 1.5BA condo on 2nd floor (no elevator, but 2nd floor doesn’t have an overload of steps)- you will have a great sea view and wave sounds from this unit- new wood floors, Corian® counters, stainless appliances, inviting furnishings, NEW appealing beds, flat screen TVs in all rooms, and new tiled shower and stone vanity in main bathroom! Master BD has a new (4/2018) memory foam/ cool gel bed on the giant king bed with plush linens- not stiff sheets and blankets (also with total hypoallergenic sleeve encasing entire bed- prevents dust mites & bed bugs) and 1/2 BA-
2nd BD has a new (5/2017) memory foam queen size bed (with total hypoallergenic sleeve encasing entire bed) and a new (4/2018) memory foam/cool gel twin bed. The complex has 2 striking pools, one of which is right outdoor our front door and down the steps! Another min. and you are at the beach walkway to go oceanside! Many comforts of home here to give you a peaceful beach trip! We have tried to put things in our unit that we appreciated when we were renting every year! Kitchen is supplied well enough to be able to prepare meals with EASE-new microwave, toaster, blender, 10 cup coffeemaker, & many preparing items/ silverware are in the unit. You will feel right at home here! Exceptionally CLEAN and modern unit!!
SUPER FAST WIFI is available for most seasons-we pay additional for streaming level WIFI- need netflix fast speeds? We have it!!
Price INCLUDES linens (quality sheets, blankets, bath towels, etc.) for ALL time periods. Paper products and soaps are not guaranteed- washer & dryer on premises only! Not in unit; the complex offers one complimentary dryer.
NO family dogs and cats please- as owner is asthmatic & highly allergic! Forfeiture of monies will occur if found to be breaking this rule!
Unit will welcome 2 well behaved children max.
Note on cancellations: 60 days is REQUIRED to receive any refund!! Mandatory evacuations called by local officials is the ONLY exception to this rule, as that is not a renters fault. ALL renters have the option to buy cancellation insurance! If you choose NOT to, that is your prerogative, but, it wont be the owner's loss if something occurs and you need to cancel after that 60 day window closes. IF there is enough time, I will surely try to get NEW renters for the dates you cancelled-
if I re- rent, I will refund your money minus the costs Vacation Rental By Owner takes from me.
Long term units welcome from October- March-costs are reduced up to 60% for these. You can’t beat an sea view for roughly $40 nightly. A higher cleaning fee is all we raise-
inquire with owner if you would like a 30-90 day rental and what that entails-
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property owners and vacation properties provide Beaufort, NC area promotional travel books which feature deals, either offered individually by vendors, or through a partnership between the property management company and the local store itself. Search for these guides and coupon books, as this allows travelers to enjoy the very same terrific activities with a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Are your vacation dates flexible? The off-peak shoulder seasons typically offer terrific rates on weekly rentals.
- Many vacation rental companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or returning travelers of the same rental. Make sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific groups of visitors. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. If there's a specific Beaufort, NC activity you simply love, search for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Rental companies and individual rental owners generally offer customers the opportunity to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation costs for any nights missed due to health-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unforeseen motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs .
How to Book a Rental Home
First-timers are oftentimes shocked at the range and variety of short term rental properties available in the Beaufort, NC area. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of essential research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Vacation homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and working experience to provide effortless operational management on behalf of the owner..
We've constructed a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental experience.
How to find and reserve a great vacation rental:
Do you believe " SEAS THE DAY at this beautifully updated condo with great view" is the best rental property for your next family vacation? Look over this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Like many trendy hot spots, In Beaufort, NC the best rentals are booked very early. To ensure the greatest selection of vacation homes, we recommend searching and booking your Beaufort, NC rental 6-Twelve months in advance, whenever feasible. Holiday reunions can be a great time for groups to plan their Summer trips..
Decide on a Community and Time
Consensus can often be complicated between relatives, but once this complicated part is complete everything will quickly slide in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are joining your trip? Consider that many properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is suitable for the company. Specific descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available on the internet. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you book.
Determine Your Budget
Will the chosen rental property fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If multiple groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, check that each group knows their responsibility and has agreed to a maximum they are prepared to pay. Typically, one member of the group will be in charge of making the complete reservation and getting each party's share.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is the family searching for? Are you looking for a rental with outside dining area? Will the property need to be oceanfront, the downtown area, or close to shopping? Does the home have bikes and body boards available as part of your stay? Create a list of priority features to facilitate filter your search.
Special Factors to consider
Grandpa and Grandma will thank you for not renting a stairs-access-only condominium on the 3rd floor. Make sure that you remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
What About 4-Legged Family Members?
Are you or other individuals in the crew travelling with a furry companion? Animals are welcome at many rentals, but guidelines can vary. A number of constraints may eliminate a prospective rental home. Ensure that you study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *well before* you reserve!
It Is Time to Search
Several internet resources exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation rentals" for local rental management companies. Local companies will have a unique assortment of vacation rentals daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation home has everything required. If it is lacking, the rental management company may know of comparable homes that better fit your style and budget..
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season trip, try getting an extra night. This is most effective during the off-season when many rentals sit vacant.
Read Through The Contract
Read through the complete contract and be sure you are aware who is responsible for:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the normal charge, guests must pay state taxes when renting " SEAS THE DAY at this beautifully updated condo with great view", in addition to any other additional fees which may be required based upon their situation, including a dog fee, earlier check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy before booking. You'll likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs ranges from 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed due to personal medical related emergencies or storms, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Reserve your Rental
When you feel you've identified "the one", start the booking process. You will likely have to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Assistance
Make sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- To ensure no damages are associated with your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. If you find problems, or if repairs are needed contact the rental manager straight away.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, pool operation, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many headaches.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents should be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental home secured while you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Tidy up a little. Even if you're spending money on a cleaning fee, The property really needs to be in sound condition. Kitchen sinks brimming with dirty dishes, excessive beach sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be addressed before you leave.
- Once everything is out, perform a walk-through of the rental to verify no damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Virtually all rental property websites ask for comments after your stay . Owners and property managers will appreciate your positive recommendations. If anything was unsatisfactory and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Experience
Did everybody have a great time? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning is going to be quick. If not, you've gained valuable experience to aid with your next search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.6 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.8 miles
- Bella Pizza - 2.0 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 2.1 miles
- Dank Burrito - 2.5 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.5 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 4.3 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 1.7 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 2.0 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.5 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 2.6 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 2.6 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 2.6 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 4.2 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.6 miles