- 6 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dining Room
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
About this PropertyGraley Cottage exudes all the appeal of a classic beach bungalow from the 50’s but has been redone and charmingly decorated to include all the modern comforts. Just a brief walk from the outdoor space over the gentle dunes to the beach and surf, Graley Cottage is oceanfront in a peaceful family neighborhood on a cul-de-sac in the highly fetching Club Colony area of Atlantic Beach. It includes 6 bedrooms (including two separate master suites), 5 & ½ baths, 2 separate family/tv areas (great for when the children want to watch their own movies), a huge oceanfront family room and adjoining big dining room for your family gatherings, and a marvelous outdoor space for relishing the dunes and sea vistas.
The bungalow is supplied with high speed internet , wireless internet, unlimited phone calls within the US and Canada, two DVD players, Cable TV service, a 42 inch flat screen HD TV in the first floor family room and a 32 inch flat screen TV in the upstairs family room. Each of the bedrooms have a 10 inch tablet for your appreciation which is supplied with TWC and Netflix. There is a travel size DVD player with screen in black case in sitting room which is great for watching cildren's DVD's. There is substantial outdoor parking for up to 6 cars plus 1 car in garage.
The first floor exterior includes a generous covered beach side porch and sun outdoor space with dining table, dining chairs and rocking chairs ideal for appreciating that first cup of coffee in the morning, for watching boats and dolphins go by, for calming sunset dinners or late nighttime drinks. While you are peaceful on the outdoor space, the children can play in the swing or hammock below. The first floor exterior also includes a covered street side porch ideal for just hanging out in the rocking chairs. Both beach side and street side porches are connected by a pretty wraparound outdoor space.
The interior first floor consists of the enormous family room and master bedroom (with a Queen bed and ensuite bath with tub & shower) both overlooking the beach, two additional bedrooms (each with a Queen bed) that share a full bath with walk-in shower, another smaller study/bedroom with a twin bed and a close by full bath with tub & shower, a chic thoroughly-supplied kitchen with bespoke made cabinetry and granite counter tops which opens to a fabulous dining room.
The second floor includes a second master bedroom with a queen bed, ensuite bath with walk-in shower, and walk-in closet, a second bedroom with two double beds (and a fold out twin & twin air bed in the closet) and a close by full bath with a tub & shower, and a second family room ideal for children to hang out and play or watch tv. This room is supplied with toys, books, games and DVD’s to entertain the children.
The street level includes a utility room with washer/dryer,a half bath, a second refrigerator/freezer, a gas grille, a charcoal grille, a enormous storage area with road bicycles, beach toys, beach chairs, umbrellas, a kayak, a long board, body boards, paddle boards, fishing rods and related beach gear, and two indoor showers and one outdoor shower (good for post beach showers).
In brief, Graley Cottage is the ideal place for family fun where you can appreciate all the sea has to offer from just a shells throw from the surf. You will want to return every year.
Keywords: Beach home, Oceanfront, Great vistas, Atlantic Beach, Quiet, Cottage
Money Saving Strategies
- Many management companies and vacation houses supply Beaufort, NC area vacation discount magazines that feature coupons, either offered independently by merchants, or through a relationship between the property management company and the local business itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Are you willing to modify your travel dates? The off-peak shoulder seasons may offer phenomenal rates on daily rental accommodations.
- A number of vacation rental companies and owners offer special discounts for active and veteran men and women of the U.S. Military, or repeat guests to the same property. Make sure to check with property owner to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Is there a particular activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? If there's a certain Beaufort, NC atteaction that you just love, be on the lookout for rental properties that cater especially to you.
- Vacation rental companies and individual property owners often offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic term cost, offers vacationers reimbursement of their travel costs for any nights missed due to health emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
First-timers tend to be shocked at the range and selection of daily, weekly and monthly properties available in the Beaufort, NC area. With such a wide selection, renters are sure to come across a rental home which fits their wishes and budget.
Nearly all rentals in Beaufort, NC are privately operated and many are represented by well-known local property management companies. Property management companies are well-liked by owners mainly because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
We have developed a short guide to help you get the most from your vacation property experience.
Where to find and book the best rental property:
Do you believe "Spectacular Oceanfront Family Cottage Retreat in Atlantic Beach!" is the perfect rental for your next visit? Read through this check list to confirm it fits your preferences.
Search Early and Often
Like many desirable destinations, In Beaufort, NC the best rental homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended, whenever possible. Many visitors prefer to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year gatherings.
Select a Town and Date
Begin by deciding which specific area of Beaufort, NC you prefer to browse, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Exactly How Much Rental home Do You Need?
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Keep in mind that many homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to determine what is acceptable for the party. Most vacation home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Have a Budget
Does your selected rental home fit your budget during that choice Summer week? Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to booking a costly rental property. Normally, one person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and collecting each family member's contribution.
Let's Discuss Amenities
What amenities is the family looking for? Do you primarily desire a home with a pool, jacuzzi or volleyball court? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental home fee? Gather a list of prioritized "necessities and wishes" from your company to help filter your search to the perfect home.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make sure to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Are you or other individuals in the group travelling with a family dog? Animals are welcome at a number of rental homes, but policies can vary. A number of constraints could eliminate a potential rental home. Examine your contract thoroughly! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Best places to Search
Several internet resources exist to match visitors with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Local property management companies take pride in an exceptional vacation experience.
When you have spotted your dream rental, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks will be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Study the Entire Agreement
You'll want to know which services are included:
- Utility bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
In addition to the regular charge, vacationers must pay local taxes when renting "Spectacular Oceanfront Family Cottage Retreat in Atlantic Beach!", as well as any other additional fees that may be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a pet charge, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private pool usage during the fall or spring months.
If you'd like to Cancel
Cancellation policies vary for each vacation rental. Vacation home management companies and individual rental owners often offer their guests the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives comfort should tragedy strike.
Book your Rental Property
Once you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the rental owner.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact information into your phone and wallet for easy access to answers during your stay.
Congratulations! All that is left is making the most of your visit!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any wear and tear when you arrive. Contact the property manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the recorded problems and contact attempts could be incredibly helpful.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the house, condo access, swimming pool operation, etc... we recommend you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call helps prevent many hassles.
- Make sure to be a good neighbor. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking regulations can make a vacation a lot more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Local people are a great source of advice.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Clean up a little bit. Even if you're having to pay a house cleaning fee, The rental home is required to be in very good condition. Sinks brimming with dirty dishes, substantial sand on the flooring and sticky messes should be dealt with prior to leaving.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to make sure no property damage occurred in the course of your stay. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy yourself? Many vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites allow renters to offer reviews. If the rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will appreciate your praise. If anything was disagreeable and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the property was not as described, you may want to note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Experience
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Did they love their stay? If everything was outstanding, next year's family vacation planning will be simple and easy. If the rental wasn't ideal, and you will better know how to perfect your search next time.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.7 miles
- Circa 81 - 4.2 miles
- Bella Pizza - 1.0 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 1.0 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.7 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.9 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.2 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 1.1 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 1.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.5 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.6 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 3.6 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.6 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.6 miles