- 6 Bedrooms
- 6.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Towels Provided
- Video Library
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyGraley Cottage exudes all the beauty of a classic beach bungalow from the 50’s but has been modernized and charmingly furbished to include all the modern amenities. Just a brief walk from the outdoor space over the gentle dunes to the beach and surf, Graley Cottage is oceanfront in a peaceful family neighborhood on a cul-de-sac in the highly alluring Club Colony area of Atlantic Beach. It includes 6 bedrooms (including two separate master suites), 5 & ½ baths, 2 separate family/tv areas (great for when the children want to watch their own movies), a sizable oceanfront family room and adjoining roomy dining room for your family gatherings, and a remarkable outdoor space for savoring the dunes and sea vistas.
The bungalow is supplied with high speed internet , wireless internet, unlimited phone calls within the US and Canada, two DVD players, Cable TV service, a 42 inch flat screen HD TV in the first floor family room and a 32 inch flat screen TV in the upstairs family room. Each of the bedrooms have a 10 inch tablet for your appreciation which is supplied with TWC and Netflix. There is a travel size DVD player with screen in black case in sitting room which is great for watching cildren's DVD's. There is substantial outdoor parking for up to 6 cars plus 1 car in garage.
The first floor exterior includes a enormous covered beach side porch and sun outdoor space with dining table, dining chairs and rocking chairs ideal for appreciating that first cup of coffee in the morning, for watching boats and dolphins go by, for peaceful sunset dinners or late nighttime drinks. While you are inviting on the outdoor space, the children can play in the swing or hammock below. The first floor exterior also includes a covered street side porch ideal for just hanging out in the rocking chairs. Both beach side and street side porches are connected by a impressive wraparound outdoor space.
The interior first floor consists of the big family room and master bedroom (with a Queen bed and ensuite bath with tub & shower) both overlooking the beach, two additional bedrooms (each with a Queen bed) that share a full bath with walk-in shower, another smaller study/bedroom with a twin bed and a close by full bath with tub & shower, a delightful entirely-supplied kitchen with bespoke made cabinetry and granite counter tops which opens to a fabulous dining room.
The second floor includes a second master bedroom with a queen bed, ensuite bath with walk-in shower, and walk-in closet, a second bedroom with two double beds (and a fold out twin & twin air bed in the closet) and a close by full bath with a tub & shower, and a second family room ideal for children to hang out and play or watch tv. This room is outfitted with toys, books, games and DVD’s to entertain the children.
The street level includes a utility room with washer/dryer,a half bath, a second refrigerator/freezer, a gas grille, a charcoal grille, a sizable storage area with road bicycles, beach toys, beach chairs, umbrellas, a kayak, a long board, body boards, paddle boards, fishing rods and related beach gear, and two indoor showers and one outdoor shower (good for post beach showers).
In brief, Graley Cottage is the ideal place for family fun where you can appreciate all the sea has to offer from just a shells throw from the surf. You will want to return every year.
Keywords: Beach home, Oceanfront, Great vistas, Atlantic Beach, Quiet, Cottage
- Search for the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus offer tourism guide books with special deals for rental home management companies, restaurants and activities. Search for these publications and coupon books, because this allows vacation goers to enjoy the very same attractions with a often considerable discounted.
- Are you able to adjust your dates? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high fees.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies provide price savings to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Make sure to ask property manager to see if your vacationing gang is eligible for a price reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You will definitely get the best value from a rental that most thoroughly matches your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance together with your rental agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base rental price, offers guests reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel room stay or extra gas.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
You might be shocked to find out how many rental properties are available at your destination. With such a big selection, vacationers are certain to come across a vacation home that meets their desires and budget.
Vacation homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, staff and experience to provide effortless operational administration on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have discovered a number of tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting rental properties, however most newcomers will be delighted to learn that many of these "methods" are in plain sight, if you understand where they should search.
Searching for and reserving the right vacation property:
Do you think "Spectacular Oceanfront Family Cottage Retreat in Atlantic Beach!" is the perfect rental home for your next vacation? Look over this checklist to confirm it fits all of your needs.
Search Early and Frequently
Beaufort, NC rental homes book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental 6-12 months in advance is recommended, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings can be a great time for groups to plan their Summer family vacations..
Choose your Area and Travel Week
Start by choosing which particular area of Beaufort, NC you want to visit, and the determine dates you'll be vacationing.
Decide on a Size
How many family members are joining your getaway? Bear in mind that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are typically available on the internet. If not, get in touch with the property manager before you reserve the home.
Determine Your Budget
Will the preferred rental property suit your budget during that popular Summer week? If multiple groups or family members are sharing the cost, ensure each group understands their obligations and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to pay. Generally, a single person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and recovering each person's share.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is your group searching for? Is a screened deck a necessity? Do you wish to be away from it all, or close to a city setting? Are sheet sets included with the rental, or do you need to bring your own? Make a list of prioritized "necessities and desires" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable rental.
Do individual people in your crew have specialized needs? Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs..
Take the Dog
Are you or other members of the party traveling with a furry companion? While a number of vacation homes permit animal friends, rules and costs fluctuate per property. Many restrictions may eliminate a potential vacation property. Read your contract very carefully! Charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Searching the Internet
Several websites exist to match guests with rental owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Local rental management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-peak season when many homes sit empty.
Study The Agreement
You really should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancelling your Rental Home
Be sure you understand the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Rental management companies and individual property owners commonly offer their clients the choice to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental rate, provides guests with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental property costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Home
After you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. Bear in mind that most rental agreements require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the property owner.
Know Who to Call
Don't forget to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest storing the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property right away. We also recommend promptly getting in touch with the property manager with a report of any damages, along with your request for any required fixes. If there is a dispute about liability later, having the documented problems and contact attempts will be incredibly helpful.
- Should there be any ambiguity about parking, policies of the property, property access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save several hours of trouble.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of advice.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured when you are away, just like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check every space of the rental property to assure you've gathered all valuables.
- As soon as your things are all out, perform a walk-through of the rental to make sure no damage occurred in the course of your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have an enjoyable time? Nearly all rental home websites ask for testimonials after your stay . Rental owners and property managers will thank you for favorable ratings. If anything went wrong, we recommend being understanding but genuine with regards to experience. Top owners and managers will work very hard to fix the issue.
Learn from your Experience
Did they love their vacation? If everything was wonderful, next year's family vacation planning will be simple. Maybe the property wasn't ideal, and you will better recognize how to perfect your search for the next time.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.7 miles
- Circa 81 - 4.2 miles
- Bella Pizza - 1.0 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 1.0 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.7 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.9 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 3.2 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 1.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.1 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.5 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.6 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 3.6 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.6 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.6 miles
- Capt. Stacy Fishing Center - 1.0 miles