- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyDirect shorefront duplex with monumental outdoor space overlooking the dunes and Oceanna Fishing Pier. When you holiday at the beach you want to be AT the beach not near the beach. Our family has owned this unit for over 20 years and constantly are upgrading for our visitors happiness. We have new modern appliances, outdoor space furnishings just as a hotel would, hammocks below the outdoor space and my favorite feature, outdoor enclosed showers with HOT & cold water for your outdoor showering enjoyment. ********* Fall and winter units have been restricted other than existing reservations to accept time for repairs and upgrades to the units. If you want an off season rental and the date isn't available, please e-mail, call or text me 704.506.3274 and depending on what we are doing at any given time we might be able to work something out. ************ We give pretty much everything you need to walk in and relax. We give a thoroughly outfitted kitchen with spices, paper goods, zip lock bags, aluminum foil ( bottom drawer beside refrigerator has paper towels and toilet paper) and just ask that you restock if you have time so the next guest has everything they need. Yes, many of you have stayed in Whithaven 1 or 2 previously and booked with a management company, but as of 2019 the owner is now managing both sides of Whithaven. Each unit is a mirror image of the other except for color schemes and floor. Both are referbished annually and have been happily shared with our visitors for 20+ years. The Vacation Rental By Owner listing for the sister listing is 666411 so you can read the reviews there if you like, until this new posting generates reviews on its own. We also have a new cleaning crew who lives locally to keep the unit in great shape all over the season. Each side has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths plus the outdoor shower provides outdoor extravagance when you come back from the beach. The giant outdoor outdoor space accepts everybody to spend time outdoor and eat on the outdoor space too if you like. It's a great experience preparing your food with the supplied outdoor grille, just replaced in 2019. 2019 upgrades include a few new ceiling fans, new 4 burner stainless steel grille, new couch, new dishwasher and new twin XL beds in the 3rd bedroom. The queen and king were both replaced in 2018 and the master bathroom was enlargened with a outstanding new tile shower. If you adore sunsets and sunrises please look at our photos. You'll notice very few sunrise photos (by choice) but tons of sunset photos. This is a rare east/west facing beach so you get magnificant sunrises and unbelievable sunsets. We give beach chairs and some toys for the children too. Having the pier just a few hundred yards away is an bliss you are sure to appreciate. Even if you don't fish you can walk on the pier and see if anyone else is having luck and adore a libation from their bar or better yet, make one and take it with you. If you like to surf, either side of the pier creates exceptional breakers and has always been known as one of the most excellent surf spots on the island. If you would rather fish and don't like the pier, surf fishing right in front of our home can give lunch or dinner! You'll quickly notice our beach is very generous, wide, tidy and relatively uncrowded. Our end of the beach is primarily single family homes for low density uncrowded beaches. If you want to walk the beach you can head towards the circle (town center for Atlantic Beach) and visit the world famed TackleBox (locals dive bar) or eat at one of multiple eateries. Just a few blocks from our unit can have you at Amos
Mosquito's, arguably one of the most amazing eateries around and the Island Grille which is just up the street. It may be modest but the food is ridiculous. You can always drive over to the Morehead City waterfront and choose between 10 different eateries or head over to Beaufort and shop and dine on the waterfront. Whithaven is a special place, I hope you get the opportunity to join us and see for yourself.
- Many property managers and vacation homes provide Beaufort, NC area travel catalogs that feature offers, either offered independently by merchants, or utilizing a partnership between the property management company and the store itself. These guides provide a great start to your vacation rental search.
- Wish to stay away from the crowds of people? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of high fees.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Many rental companies provide price reductions to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling group is eligible for a discount.
- Some properties are particularly designed for specific types of guests. Large event homes are great for weddings, wedding parties and corporate escapes. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other homes are positioned close to nightlife. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the family activities and sight-seeing opportunities you are most excited about.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed as a consequence of medical-related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
General Rental Home Tricks & Tips
Some people are surprised to learn how many properties are offered in Beaufort, NC. With such a wide selection, renters are sure to locate a vacation home that fits their expectations and spending budget.
The majority of vacation rentals in Beaufort, NC are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and experience to provide easy operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Below are great tips and suggestions to help you understand the vacation rental search and booking process.
How to find and book the best vacation home:
Do you think "DIRECT OCEANFRONT Duplex with large 3 level deck next to Oceanana Fishing Pier." is the best vacation property for your next trip? Browse through this check list to make sure it fits your needs.
Begin Your Search Early
Beaufort, NC rentals start booking very early. To assure the most desirable selection of rental homes, we suggest searching and reserving your Beaufort, NC rental home Six-Twelve months in advance, whenever possible. Holiday gatherings are a popular time for groups to plan their Summer escapes..
Settle on your Town and Vacation Week
Quite often, the hardest part of preparing for your trip is deciding where to go, and when. After the big decisions are resolved, everything else is simplier and easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Confirm who is joining, and how many/what sort of bedroom arrangement you will need. Be mindful that many rental homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the living area. You will need to determine what is acceptable for your group. Generally rental home listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Are You Willing to Spend?
Most rental properties are presented with a price range. Confirm the cost for your chosen week. It may be at the top end of the range. Make sure that you get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before reserving a pricey rental. Most rental documents call for a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
What amenities is the family searching for? Is a pool mandatory?Do you want a rental with patio kitchen? Does the unit need to be beachfront, in town, or in close proximity to restaurants? Does the property have bikes and beach toys available as part of your stay? Make a list of "needs and preferences" from your group to help filter your search to the most suitable property.
Grandparents will appreciate you for not reserving a stairs-only property on the Third floor. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized devices are needed, include that into your search. The majority of vacation rental postings will include a list of amenities.
Do not forget to include your companion! Although many vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and fees fluctuate per property. Study your contract thoroughly! Fees may apply when animals are included.
Start the Search
. Together with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation homes" for local rental home management companies. Besides offering distinctive rental properties, local companies offer you top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've spotted your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try asking for an additional night. Negotiating rates is more effective throughout the off-season when many vacation rentals sit vacant.
Read the Total Agreement
Discover which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Utility bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Be sure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Vacation rental management companies and property owners commonly offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers comfort should tragedy strike.
When you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Bear in mind that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation rental owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph on your arrival. Take notes of any damage immediately after you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your observations. This will protect against disagreements during checkout.
- You might need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or spa tub. Call your rental manager. They are there to assist. A quick phone call eliminates many head aches.
- Remember to respect your neighbors. More often than not, surrounding properties are filled by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a trip a little more enjoyable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of tips. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for night life?
- Make sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the vacation home locked up while you are away, just like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Examine drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- Once your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental to be certain no damage occurred during your remain. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever possible (this may not be possible).. If the property owner is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Many property management companies and vacation rental websites allow travellers to offer comments. If your vacation rental and/or property manager was first-rate, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything was unsatisfactory and they failed to fix it in a practical manner, or if the property was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a meeting with the members of your group. Did they like the rental choice? Maybe everything turned out to be exceptional and you're all set to reserve the property for next year. Otherwise, you've gained useful rental search experience to aid with the next search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Snapperz Grill & Steam Bar - 2.5 miles
- Circa 81 - 4.0 miles
- Bella Pizza - 0.8 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 0.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.8 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.9 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 0.9 miles
- Crystal Coast Axe Throwing - 2.0 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.8 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 3.9 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.9 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.9 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.8 miles