- 3 Bedrooms
- 3.5 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Beach Chairs
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Included
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Lobster Pot
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pantry Items
- Paper Towels
- Pets Considered
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyDirect shorefront duplex with massive outdoor space overlooking the dunes and Oceanna Fishing Pier. When you holiday at the beach you want to be AT the beach not near the beach. Our family has owned this unit for over 20 years and constantly are upgrading for our visitors appreciation. We have new modern appliances, outdoor space furnishings just as a hotel would, hammocks below the outdoor space and my favorite feature, outdoor enclosed showers with HOT & cold water for your outdoor showering comfort.
We give pretty much everything you need to walk in and relax. We give a thoroughly outfitted kitchen with spices, paper goods, zip lock bags, aluminum foil ( bottom drawer beside refrigerator has paper towels and toilet paper) and just ask that you restock if you have time so the next guest has everything they need.
Yes, many of you have stayed in Whithaven 1 or 2 previously and booked with a management company, but as of 2019 the owner is now managing both sides of Whithaven. Each unit is a mirror image of the other except for color schemes and floor. Both are referbished annually and have been happily shared with our visitors for 20+ years. The Vacation Rental By Owner listing for the sister listing is 666411 so you can read the reviews there if you like, until this new posting generates reviews on its own. We also have a new cleaning crew who lives locally to keep the unit in great shape everywhere the season.
Each side has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths plus the outdoor shower provides outdoor happiness when you come back from the beach. The colossal outdoor outdoor space accepts everybody to spend time outdoor and eat on the outdoor space too if you like. It's a great experience preparing your food with the included outdoor grille, just replaced in 2019.
2019 upgrades include a few new ceiling fans, new 4 burner stainless steel grille, new couch, new dishwasher and new twin XL beds in the 3rd bedroom. The queen and king were both replaced in 2018 and the master bathroom was enlargened with a magnificent new tile shower.
If you adore sunsets and sunrises please look at our photos. You'll notice very few sunrise photos (by choice) but tons of sunset photos. This is a rare east/west facing beach so you get sensational sunrises and amazing sunsets. We give beach chairs and some toys for the children too.
Having the pier just a few hundred yards away is an amenities you are sure to savor. Even if you don't fish you can walk on the pier and see if anyone else is having luck and adore a drink from their bar or better yet, make one and take it with you.
If you like to surf, either side of the pier creates unbelievable breakers and has always been known as one of the choice surf spots on the island. If you would rather fish and don't like the pier, surf fishing right in front of our home can give lunch or dinner!
You'll quickly notice our beach is very generous, wide, tidy and relatively uncrowded. Our end of the beach is primarily single family homes for low density uncrowded beaches.
If you want to walk the beach you can head towards the circle (town center for Atlantic Beach) and visit the world famed TackleBox (locals dive bar) or eat at one of multiple eateries. Just a few blocks from our unit can have you at Amos Mosquito's, arguably one of the most lavish eateries around and the Island Grille which is just up the street. It may be modest but the food is unreal.
You can always drive over to the Morehead City waterfront and choose between 10 different eateries or head over to Beaufort and shop and dine on the waterfront.
Whithaven is a special place, I hope you get the opportunity to join us and see for yourself.
- Search for the tourism bureau in the area you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus will send printed tourism guides with special deals for vacation rentals, dining and activities. Search for these books and promotional books, because this allows visitors to take advantage of the same fantastic activities with a generally substantial discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your dates? The off-peak seasons will offer you fantastic rates on weekly rentals.
- A number of property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active and veteran members of the U.S. Armed forces, or repeat guests of the same rental home. Be sure to check with property owner to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a discount.
- Some rentals are essentially catered to specific guests, whether it is downtown homes with pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have private boat launching areas. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the activities and tours you are most excited about.
- Think about investing in trip insurance together with your leasing contract. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed resulting from personal medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unplanned motel stay or extra gasoline. Trip insurance can be a bank account-saver if the unforseen occurs (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
First-timers are often surprised at the number and variety of short term rentals available in the Beaufort, NC area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of worldwide research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The majority of vacation rentals in Beaufort, NC are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Owners often choose management companies to facilitate promoting and advertising, housekeeping services and regular maintenance.
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have figured out a number of tips and tricks over the years when it comes to renting rental properties, however many newcomers will be happy to know that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
Finding and booking the right rental property:
Do you believe "DIRECT OCEANFRONT Duplex with large 3 level deck next to Oceanana Fishing Pier." is the best rental for your upcoming family vacation? Look over this guide to make sure it fits your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Beaufort, NC vacation rentals start booking early. To ensure the greatest selection of vacation rentals, we advise searching and reserving your Beaufort, NC vacation home Six-Twelve months before your travel dates, whenever possible. Holiday reunions can be a popular time for families to plan their Summer vacations..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Oftentimes, the toughest portion of organizing your trip is deciding on where to search, and when. As soon as the big decisions are tackled, everything else becomes simpler.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your vacation? Be mindful that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the family room. You'll need to determine what is acceptable for the company. Most rental home listings will describe each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
What Exactly Are You Willing to Pay?
Will the preferred rental home fit your budget during that choice Summer week? If several individuals or families are sharing the cost, make sure that everyone understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Normally, just one member of the group will be in charge of making the full reservation and recovering each person's share.
Vacation home Amenities
What home features is the group trying to find? Do you want a rental home with open-air dining area? Do you want to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Are sheets included with the rental agreement, or do you need to take your own? Build a list of priority features to guide filter your search.
Accessibility and Special Considerations
Do individual people in your group have specialized needs? Be sure to remember and ask about wheelchair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Are you or other people in the group traveling with a pet? Animal friends are welcome at a number of rental homes, but guidelines differ. A number of restrictions could eliminate a prospective rental home. Read your agreement thoroughly! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your agreement.
Start your Search
As soon as the location, travel dates and people are decided, search multiple sources for the best rental home selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental properties" for local rental home management companies. Besides offering exclusive rental properties, local companies offer you superb service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have found the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are hesitant to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. Your greatest chance for a lower rate will be changing to an off-season week.
Read The Contract
Read the whole contract and make sure you fully understand who is responsible for:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Make sure your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Make sure you be aware of the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Vacation home management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives peace of mind should disaster strike.
Book your Rental Property
As soon as you think you've found "the one", begin the booking process. You'll likely be required to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Keep Your Property Manager's Info
Put the property manager's contact info into your smart phone and wallet for convenient access to answers during your visit.
Congrats on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the overall condition of the rental property right away. Get in touch with the rental manager immediately to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be valuable.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the property, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save several hours of difficulty.
- Please be respectful of the local community. Natives should be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a vacation significantly more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Locals are a fantastic source of advice. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best spots for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Tidy up a lttle bit. Regardless of whether you're having to pay a housekeeping fee, The vacation home should really be in good shape. Sinks full of pots and pans, excessive sand on the floor and sticky messes should be dealt with before you leave.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damage. We advise walking through with the rental manager whenever feasible (often this isn't possible).. If the property manager is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your rental? Nearly all rental home websites seek testimonials after your stay . Owners and property managers will thank you for favorable reviews. If anything went wrong, we advise being understanding but honest with regards to your stay. The best owners and managers will work very hard to rectify the issue.
Did everyone have a good time? With a little luck everything ended up being ideal and you're excited to reserve the same rental for your next vacation. Otherwise, you've acquired useful rental search experience that can help with the next search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.8 miles
- Circa 81 - 4.0 miles
- Bella Pizza - 0.8 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 0.8 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 1.8 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.8 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.9 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.9 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 0.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.9 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 3.8 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 3.9 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 3.9 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 3.9 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.8 miles
- Capt. Stacy Fishing Center - 0.8 miles