- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Communal Pool
- Deadbolt Lock On Entryway
- Deck / Patio
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Emergency Exit Route
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Housekeeper Included
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Lighting
- Pets Not Allowed
- Satellite / Cable
- Smoke Detectors
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
About this Property***Home has been completely remodeled as of June 2018! New Photos posted.
Top to bottom redone, Sea View condo in private, gated community of Tar Landing Villas. Located at the end of the island next to Fort Macon State Park, named 2015 NC State Park of the Year, offers spectacular vistas of the water. This particular condo unit has unobstructed vistas of the sea and is directly across the boardwalk to the beach. Beach is handsomely peaceful - comfortable and uncrowded. Pools and Clubhouse are a few steps away.
This villa has 4 bedrooms and 4 full baths on 3 levels overlooking the Atlantic Sea. This unit also has two living rooms for when the adults and children want some alone time! Includes a full kitchen, laundry, 3 TV’s, cable channels, DVD, Xbox, beach accessories. Come and savor a week or more in this multi-friends and family unit!
Principal Bedroom (3rd floor) - King Bed
2nd Bedroom (3rd floor) - 2 Queen Beds
3rd Bedroom (2nd floor) - King Bed
4th Bedroom (1st floor) - 2 Queen Beds
This is a Non-Smoking unit. No Animals.
Free WiFi in the Club House
For 2018, this is a Saturday to Saturday rental. Renters are allowed 2 cars only at unit.
* No boats, jet skis, trailers or campers or motorbikes are allowed at Tar Landing*
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property managers and vacation rental homes supply Beaufort, NC area travel discount books which feature money-saving coupons, either offered individually by local companies, or utilizing a relationship between the property management company and the local business itself. These guides can provide a great start to your rental home search.
- Are the vacation dates flexible? The off-peak shoulder seasons typically offer fantastic rates on weekly rental accommodations.
- Are you a military veteran? Several management companies provide discount rates to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some properties are essentially designed to serve specific guests, whether it is soundside units with weekly pier passes, city-center condos with walkable access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own kiteboarding launching areas. Make sure that you prioritize your proximity to the activities and landmarks you are most looking forward to.
- Property management companies and individual home owners commonly offer their customers the chance to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally add between 1% - 5% of the basic stay cost, provides vacationers reimbursement of their trip costs for any missed as a consequence of personal health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline.
How to Book a Vacation Home
First-timers are often surprised at the number and variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental properties available in the Beaufort, NC area. Rental accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of international research sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
The vast majority of rental homes in Beaufort, NC are privately operated and many are represented by established local rental management agencies. Property management companies are popular with property owners because they manage the internet marketing and operations..
Here are some ideas and methods to help you navigate the vacation home search and reservation process.
How to find and book the perfect rental property:
Do you think "Almost Oceanfront Condo at Tar Landing Villas - Adjacent to Ft Macon State Park" is the perfect vacation property for your next vacation? Read through this check list to confirm it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner, The Better
Like many popular hot spots, In Beaufort, NC the best vacation homes are booked very early. For the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months prior to a trip. A lot of households plan to start their search during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Spot and Choose Dates
Oftentimes, the hardest portion of scheduling your vacation is deciding on where to go, and when. After the big decisions are hammered out, the rest becomes easier.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Determine who is attending the vacation, and just how many/what sort of bedroom setup you need to have. Keep in mind that many homes list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the company. Most rental home listings will describe each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Commit to a Budget
Most rentals are advertised with a cost range. Determine the rate for your chosen trip. It might be at the top end of the range. If many groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure everyone understands their responsibilities and has agreed to a maximum they are willing to contribute. Most rental documents call for a single person to be responsible for the whole reservation.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is the family trying to find? Are you looking for a rental property with outdoor dining area? Does the unit need to be beach front, in the downtown area, or close to restaurants? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property charge? Create a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Do individual members of your party have special needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Almost all rental home listings will include a list of amenities.
Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the gang visiting with a dog or cat? Dog policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. Many restrictions may dismiss a prospective rental home. Make certain you study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are included. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
Start your Search
. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local vacation rentals" for local vacation home management companies. In addition to having exceptional properties, local agencies offer you top-notch service..
Negotiate the Price
When you have located your dream rental, double check to make sure your vacation dates are available.
While not true for all properties, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try getting an additional night. This is more effective during the off-peak season when many homes sit vacant.
Study the Contract
You will have to know which services are included:
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Ensure that you be aware of the cancellation policy before reserving. Many rental agreements include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs between 1% - 5% of the base rental home cost, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental Property
When you feel you've found "the one", start the reservation process. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Be sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your cell phone and wallet.
Congrats! All that is left is making the most of your vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the overall condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. Get in touch with the rental manager right away to report your observations. If there is a disagreement about liability later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the property manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Please be respectful of the local community. Local people will probably be as friendly to you as you are respectful of them. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people are a fantastic source of recommendations. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great date night, or the best places for shopping?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Be certain that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental home one final time and look for damages. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this may not be possible).. If the property manager is not available, make certain to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your vacation rental? Just about all rental management companies and rental search sites make it easy for travellers to give feedback. If the property and/or property manager was top-notch, they will likely appreciate your compliments. If anything was unacceptable and they failed to correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the rental home was not as described, you should note that as part of your critique.
Use Your Experience
Does everyone want to go back? If everything was wonderful, next year's family vacation planning is going to be relatively easy. If not, you have acquired useful rental search experience that will help with the next search.
- Casa San Carlo Italian Restaurant - 1.9 miles
- Sanitary Fish Market & Restaurant - 1.7 miles
- Sugarloaf Island Deli and Yellowfin Pub - 1.9 miles
- Bella Pizza - 2.2 miles
- Atlantic Beach Seafood Market - 2.2 miles
- Dank Burrito - 2.4 miles
- Dairy Queen Crystal Coast - 2.7 miles
- Smithfield's Chicken N Bar-B-Q - 4.4 miles
- AB Watersport Adventures - 2.2 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 2.4 miles
- Island Express Ferry Service - 2.5 miles
- Miss Crystal Coast Cruises - 2.5 miles
- Island Ferry Adventures - 2.5 miles
- Kitty Hawk Kites - 4.4 miles
- Morehead City Ferry Service - 1.7 miles
- Carolina Princess - 1.7 miles