View this property at:
About this Property
RETROUVAILLE (pronounced "ret-ro-vie")
5 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom, oceanfront, single family home, family setting, Southern Outer Banks (S. OBX), town of Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina 28512
Steps from Atlantic Sea, 1/2 mile from Crystal Coast Country Club, two miles from North Carolina Aquarium, 7 miles from historic Fort Macon, near Cape Lookout Lighthouse.
The Ideal Tele-Work and Home Schooling Getaway Venue, while Enjoying a Beach Holiday with the entire Family!
Street access for skateboarding; bicycle lane along entire island
Access to 6 private Bogue Sound parks (links below); natural forest, charcoal grilles, picnic tables, playground, swings, b-ball court. Boat/Kayak/Canoe launching access, fishing piers: Day use only. Car decal & gate card for parks supplied in the Guest Rent.
New for Summer 2021:
New Living Room Furnishings
Freshly Painted Trim throughout home
Carport plus 4-car parking area
Two beach-view hammocks
Outdoor, sizable private shower with hot water
High Speed wireless internet; landline phone
Floor planking in ground floor bedrooms, all bathrooms, stairs
Wood floor: upper level
Marble countertops: all bathrooms
Kitchen: Granite countertops; enlargened island with counter-height seating
Solar Blackout Curtains in the two Master Bedrooms and Living Room
Ceiling Fans throughout
NOTE: Wheelchair accessibility
- Elevator: one step up from ground level; on Main Level Carolina porch, one step up to living area. Ramps in place make steps and entire home wheelchair accessible.
- Wide sliding glass doors onto additional wide outdoor space; wide hallways and room entrances.
Panoramic, shorefront vistas of the Atlantic from living room and kitchen.
Living Area: 60" Sony 3D Wi-Fi LED HDTV; premium channels; 3D Blu-Ray player; new furnishings; Queen sleeper-couch; authentic WWII Liberty ship hatch-cover coffee table, end tables. Propane fireplace. Access to shorefront outdoor space that spans entire length of home, with captain's chairs, rockers, glider, and Beach Royalty Hammock.
Kitchen: adjoins living area; huge open dining area, seats 10, plus sizable maple, butcher block island with 4 counter-height chairs. Appliances include both regular coffee maker and Keurig.
Carolina Porch: delightful overlook of natural, Pine Knoll Shores vegetation; settee and additional generous multi-purpose table, seats 10, for games, handicrafts, banquets, etc.
Master Bedroom #1: Access to shorefront outdoor space spanning entire length of home, entirely decorated. King-sized bed; cool Tempurpedic, Cloud Luxe Wind dream bed; 60" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV; private bathroom and shower with grab bars and handles. Solar black-out curtains.
Bedroom #2 and #3: Queen sized beds; cool Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe Wind dream beds; 40" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV's; hall bathroom.
Downstairs Master Bedroom (#4): King sized bed; cool Tempur-pedic Cloud Luxe Wind dream bed; 40" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV; private bathroom; sliding door access to outdoor patio with bench, huge picnic table, sea/beach view, and three steps up to board walkway to the beach side outdoor space.
Bedroom #5 or Multi-Media/Game Room: Direct access to outdoor patio and private bathroom. 60" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV, premium channels, Blu-Ray player and PS4 (bring your own games); Big Joe seating and Big Childrens comfortable swivel chairs; competition Ping-Pong table. Bunk Bed: Twin size over full sized bed with additional full-sized trundle.
Generous gas grille stored in carport; to be used under front awning.
Private, lower outdoor space landing with benches directly off beach, outdoor shower, and a platform for cleaning fish. (Yes, this Is the Fishing Mecca of the East Coast!).
Superior linens system featured in all bedrooms.
Ceiling fans throughout, off-season fireplace, 12 suitcases stands. Central de-humidification system. Culligan Medallist Water Softener System; Culligan Aqua-Cleer Advanced (Reverse Osmosis) filtered drinking water system at kitchen sink, and producing crystal clear pure ice cubes (connected to Fridge door ice-maker).
Infant/Child Conveniences: Infant crib (bring your own sheets) , high chair, kid size Little Joe and Big Joe chairs.
No Smoking. No Family Animals.
Min Required Stay:
5 Nights 12 Sep 2020 - 30 Apr 2021
7 Nights (Sat to Sat) 1 May - 10 Sep 2021
5 Nights 11 Sep 2021- 29 Apr 2022
7 Nights (Sat to Sat) 30 Apr - 9 Sep 2022
5 Nights 10 Sep 2022 - 28 Apr 2023
7 Nights (Sat to Sat) 29 Apr - 8 Sep 2023
Linens and bath & kitchen towels supplied with beds made
Please bring your own beach towels.
Hi-Speed Internet (Wireless), Landline/Elevator Telephone
PlayStation 4, 6 TVs (HDTV), 2 Blu-Ray Players, Premium Cable Channel(s)
Picnic table area, community dock access, community pier access, b-ball court access
Linens included; beds made up (weekly stays); private walkway access to beach,
36" x 48" elevator; covered outdoor porch/outdoor space; covered patio; refrigerator/freezer on both floors.
Non-Smoking, main floor washer/dryer, dune-top outdoor space, outdoor space furnishings, iron and ironing board.
Rec / Game Room, Ping Pong Table, Card / Poker Table, Fish Cleaning Station
Premium venue for family celebrations: Seated dining for 24. 10 at Dining Room table, 4 at Sizable Kitchen butcher block island, and 10 at adjacent Carolina Porch table.
Great for hosting weddings, family get-togethers, and your traditional holiday gatherings!
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Many property managers and vacation rental properties provide Beaufort, NC area travel discount guides that feature money-saving promotions, either offered independently by vendors, or through a partnership between the management company and the store itself. These guides provide a great start to your rental search.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? Off-peak rates are usually a fraction of top fees.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Plenty of vacation rental companies offer discount rates to vets and active-duty military. Make sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting group is eligible for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are particularly suited for particular groups of vacationers. Large event homes are best for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties appeal to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are situated close to night life. If there's a particular Beaufort, NC activity which you just love, be on the lookout for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Give thought to getting trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, offers vacationers reimbursement of their trip expenses for any days missed a result of medical related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned motel stay or extra gasoline.
General Vacation Rental Information
Many people are surprised to discover just how many vacation rentals are available in Beaufort, NC. Rental home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online search sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by property management companies. For owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are critical in helping guests with reserving, check-in, house cleaning, as well as routine maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Beaufort, NC vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting rentals, however most beginners will be delighted to realize that several "tips" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to look.
How to find and book a great rental home:
Do you think "Oceanfront Beauty. Family Setting. Single Family Home on NC Southern Outer Banks" is the perfect rental for your upcoming family vacation? Read through this guide to make sure it fits your needs.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Selection
Beaufort, NC rental properties are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. For the best selection, start your planning and search 6-Twelve months before your vacation. Many groups choose to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Begin by determining which particular area of Beaufort, NC you prefer to visit, and the choose dates you'll be vacationing.
Just How Many Bedrooms?
Establish who is going, and how many/what particular bedroom arrangement you should have. Consider that a lot of properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds in the family room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for your group. Generally rental listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Stick to a Budget
The majority of rental properties are presented with a cost range. Confirm the cost for your desired week. It may be at the high end of the range. If multiple individuals or relatives are sharing the cost, confirm that each group understands their obligations and has approved a maximum they are prepared to contribute. Usually, just one person in the group will be liable for making the whole reservation and collecting each person's contribution.
Rental Home Amenities
What property features is your family interested in? Do you simply want a home with a swimming pool, spa tub or beach volleyball court? Are you more interested in wildlife or night life? Will the rental have bikes and beach toys available as part of your stay? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Circumstances
Commonly the older generation has trouble with stairways. If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is needed, factor that into your search. Nearly all vacation rental listings include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Don't forget to include your best friend! Although quite a few rentals allow dogs and cats, rules and charges fluctuate per property. A number of constraints may dismiss a potential rental. Be sure you read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are included. Ask questions *prior to* you book!
Where to Search
After the location, travel dates and attendees are decided, search multiple resources for the best vacation rental selection. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental homes" for local rental management companies. Apart from having exclusive properties, local agencies offer you outstanding service..
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to make sure the vacation home has everything that you need. If it is lacking, the vacation rental management company may know of similar properties that fit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable stay, try asking for an extra night. Off-peak weeks should be negotiable more often than peak-season..
Read the Total Agreement
Read through the whole contract and be certain you are aware who is responsible for:
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Cleaning Fees
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking requirements
In addition to the normal rate, travelers have to pay state taxes when renting "Oceanfront Beauty. Family Setting. Single Family Home on NC Southern Outer Banks", as well as various other additional fees which might be mandatory based upon their circumstances, including a pet fee, earlier check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy prior to booking. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance protects the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It gives you relief should disaster strike.
Complete the Booking
After you think you've found "the one", start the booking process. You'll likely need to submit a security deposit at time of reservation.
Where to Get Help
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your stay.
Good luck on reserving your rental! You're on the way to a terrific vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Take notes of any property damage right after you arrive. Contact the rental manager immediately to report your findings.
- Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, rules of the property, condo access, pool functions, etc... we recommend you ask the rental manager immediately. A brief phone call avoids many head aches.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay a little more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Natives are a terrific source of suggestions. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great date night, or the best places for night life?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation home locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
When its Time to Leave
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep each room in the house for forgotten possessions. Inspect bath rooms, the garage, cabinets, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for damage. If at all possible, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your trip? Most rental home websites ask for reviews after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will thank you for glowing reviews. If anything was wrong and they didn't correct it in a practical manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you will want to make it a point in your critique.
Use Your Experience
Does everybody want to re-book next year? Hopefully everything turned out to be fantastic and you're excited to reserve the same rental for next season. Otherwise, you've gained valuable rental search experience to aid with the next search.