View this property at:
About this Property
RETROUVAILLE (pronounced "ret-ro-vie") is a NEW-in-2019 Vacation Rental By Owner
5 Bedroom, 4 Bathroom, oceanfront, single family home, family setting, Southern Outer Banks (S. OBX), town of Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina 28512
Steps from Atlantic Sea, 1/2 mile from Crystal Coast Country Club, two miles from North Carolina Aquarium, 7 miles from historic Fort Macon, near Cape Lookout Lighthouse.
The Ideal Tele-Work and Home Schooling Getaway Venue, while Enjoying a Beach Holiday with the entire Family!
Street access for skateboarding; bicycle lane along entire island
Access to 6 private Bogue Sound parks (links below); natural forest, charcoal grilles, picnic tables, playground, swings, b-ball court. Boat/Kayak/Canoe launching access, fishing piers: Day use only. Car decal & gate card for parks included in the Guest Rent.
Carport plus 4-car parking area
Two beach-view hammocks
Outdoor, sizable private shower with hot water
High Speed wireless internet; landline phone
Floor planking in ground floor bedrooms, all bathrooms, stairs
Wood floor: upper level
Marble countertops: all bathrooms
Kitchen: Granite countertops; enlargened island with counter-height seating
Solar Blackout Curtains in the two Master Bedrooms and Living Room
NOTE: Wheelchair accessibility
- Elevator: one step up from ground level; on Main Level Carolina porch, one step up to living area. Ramps in place make steps and entire home wheelchair accessible.
- Wide sliding glass doors onto additional wide outdoor space; wide hallways and room entrances.
Panoramic, shorefront vistas of the Atlantic from living room and kitchen.
Living Area: 60" Sony 3D Wi-Fi LED HDTV; premium channels; 3D Blu-Ray player; cushy, leather seating; Queen sleeper-couch; authentic WWII Liberty ship hatch-cover coffee table, end tables. Propane fireplace. Access to shorefront outdoor space that spans entire length of home, with captain's chairs, rockers, glider, and Beach Royalty Hammock.
Kitchen: adjoins living area; enormous open dining area, seats 10, plus sizable maple, butcher block island with 4 counter-height chairs. Appliances include both regular coffee maker & Keurig.
Carolina Porch: polished overlook of natural, Pine Knoll Shores vegetation; settee and additional generous multi-purpose table, seats 10, for games, handicrafts, banquets, etc.
Master Bedroom #1: Access to shorefront outdoor space spanning entire length of home, thoroughly decorated. King-sized bed; cool Tempurpedic, Cloud Luxe Wind dream bed; 60" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV; private bathroom and shower with grab bars and handles. Solar black-out curtains.
Bedroom #2 and #3: Queen sized beds; cool Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe Wind dream beds; 40" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV's; hall bathroom.
Downstairs Master Bedroom (#4): King sized bed; cool Tempur-pedic Cloud Luxe Wind dream bed; 40" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV; private bathroom; sliding door access to outdoor patio with bench, huge picnic table, sea/beach view, and three steps up to board walkway to the beach side outdoor space.
Bedroom #5 or Multi-Media/Game Room: Direct access to outdoor patio and private bathroom. 60" Sony Wi-Fi LED HDTV, premium channels, Blu-Ray player and PS4 (bring your own games); Big Joe seating and Big Childrens inviting swivel chairs; competition Ping-Pong table. Bunk Bed: Twin size over full sized bed with additional full-sized trundle.
Grand gas grille stored in carport; to be used under front awning.
Private, lower outdoor space landing with benches directly off beach, outdoor shower, and a platform for cleaning fish. (Yes, this Is the Fishing Mecca of the East Coast!).
Superior linens system featured in all bedrooms.
Ceiling fans, off-season fireplace, 12 suitcases stands. Central de-humidification system. Culligan Medallist Water Softener System; Culligan Aqua-Cleer Advanced (Reverse Osmosis) filtered drinking water system at kitchen sink, and producing crystal clear pure ice cubes (connected to Fridge door ice-maker).
Infant/Child Conveniences: Infant crib (bring your own sheets) , high chair, kid size Little Joe and Big Joe chairs.
No Smoking. No Family Animals.
Min Required Stay:
5 Nights 13 Sep 2019 - 1 May 2020
7 Nights (Sat to Sat) 2 May - 11 Sep 2020
5 Nights 12 Sep 2020 - 30 Apr 2021
Linens and bath & kitchen towels supplied with beds made
Please bring your own beach towels.
Hi-Speed Internet (Wireless), Landline/Elevator Telephone
PlayStation 4, 6 TVs (HDTV), 2 Blu-Ray Players, Premium Cable Channel(s)
Picnic table area, community dock access, community pier access, b-ball court access
Linens supplied; beds made up (weekly stays); private walkway access to beach,
36" x 48" elevator; covered outdoor porch/outdoor space; covered patio; refrigerator/freezer on both floors.
Non-Smoking, main floor washer/dryer, dune-top outdoor space, outdoor space furnishings, iron & ironing board.
Rec / Game Room, Ping Pong Table, Card / Poker Table, Fish Cleaning Station
Premium venue for family celebrations: Seated dining for 24. 10 at Dining Room table, 4 at Giant Kitchen butcher block island, and 10 at adjacent Carolina Porch table.
Great for hosting weddings, family get-togethers, and your traditional holiday gatherings!
Tips to Save Money on your Rental
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Beaufort, NC area travel discount guides which feature promotions, either offered independently by local companies, or via a relationship between the property manager and the store itself. Keep an eye out for these publications and coupon books, because this allows visitors to enjoy the same wonderful attractions at a sometimes significantly discounted.
- Are you willing to alter your travel week? Off-peak times offer substantial savings.
- A number of management companies and owners offer rate reductions for active duty and veteran members of the U.S. Military, or returning individuals to the same property. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing crew qualifies for a discounted price.
- Some vacation rentals are basically designed to serve specific travelers, whether it's soundside units with fishing pier passes, city-center condos with close access to restaurants or waterfront homes that have their own boat launching areas. Be sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and points of interest you are most excited about.
- Property management companies and individual property owners often offer clients an opportunity to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay cost, provides travellers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, in addition to ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected motel stay or extra fuel.
General Vacation Rental Tips & Tricks
Newcomers are often times shocked at the number and wide range of short-term vacation rentals available in the Beaufort, NC area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of properties available makes it possible to find an ideal retreat to suit their Beaufort, NC gang, from low-noise condominiums to grand event homes with several bedrooms.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Beaufort, NC are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local rental management companies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, equipment and experience to provide simple and easy operational management on behalf of the owner..
Below are great tips and tricks to help you understand the vacation home search and booking process.
Where to find and reserve the best rental property:
Before you decide to book "Oceanfront Beauty. Family Setting. Single Family Home on Southern OBX. New VRBO", review our brief collection of points to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Beaufort, NC vacation rentals are reserved months (and up to a year) in advance. Reserving your rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home..
Pick your Area and Travel Week
Consensus can be tough between members of the family, but the moment this difficult part is finished everything will quickly fall in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many family members are planning to share your getaway? Bear in mind that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to determine what is most appropriate for the party. Most rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and beds.
Determine Your Budget
Does your selected vacation property suit your budget during that prime Summer week? If a few individuals or families are sharing the cost, be certain that each group understands their responsibilities and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. A single member of your family will have to be responsible for collecting payments and accepting responsibility for the entire rental payment at time of reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the group interested in? Are you looking for a rental with outside lounge? Will the property need to be beachfront, the downtown area, or near night life? Are bed linens included with the rental, or will you need to bring your own? Create a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Things to consider
Do individual people in your crew have specific needs? If wheel chair access, elevators, pool lifts or other specialized equipment is required, include that into your search. Almost all vacation home postings will include a list of amenities.
Your Puppy Deserves a Vacation, Too
Do not forget to include your companion! Pet guidelines are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. Type of pet, size and dog breeds might be limited. Read your contract thoroughly! Additional charges may apply when animals are included.
Searching the Internet
Many internet resources exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Beaufort, NC local rental properties" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies proudly offer a first-class rental experience.
Re-read the description to confirm the vacation home has everything that you need. If something is missing, the rental home management company might know of comparable homes that fit your style and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best possibility of a lower rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study the Total Contract
Read the full agreement and be certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Key exchange
- Parking requirements
Get a total that incorporates taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancelling your Rental property
Ensure you understand the cancellation policy before booking. Many rental home contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance guards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It gives you relief should catastrophe strike.
As soon as you feel you've found "the one", begin the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Make sure you get the property manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental home. We suggest saving the contact's details in your phone and wallet.
Good job on reserving your vacation home! You're on the right path to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- To assure no damages are linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas of the property. If you find property damage, or if repairs are required get in touch with the home manager straight away. This can prevent disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, property access, pool functions, etc... we advise you ask the property manager promptly. A brief phone call avoids many problems.
- Don't forget to respect your nearby neighbors. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local residences can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best pizza, have a great night out, or the best places for wildlife?
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure to protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
Check Out Time
- Check to make sure you've packed all of your possessions. Sweep each room in the home for left-behind items. Inspect bathrooms, the garage, kitchen cabinets, patios, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your gear might "hide".
- Make a point to walk through the rental home one last time and look for property damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager wherever possible (often this isn't possible).. If the property owner is not available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your stay? Most vacation rental management companies and rental home sites make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your property and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If anything went wrong and they didn't fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the rental home wasn't as described, you'll want to note that as part of your feedback.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a debrief with your traveling companions. Does everyone want to re-book next year? If everything was perfect, next year's trip planning is going to be painless. Otherwise, you've acquired useful experience that will help with the next search.